d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > Catacombs > How Does Well Work Now?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 91,940.00
Jan 20 2019 11:41pm
I remember before it used to be an option at home page like Marketplace, shrine, etc.

Can somebody explain to me how to use Well/Well items now, as well as how to find them? And how difficult are they?

This post was edited by xpac_o on Jan 20 2019 11:41pm
Gold: 55,518.41
Jan 21 2019 04:37am
They are slightly difficult to find. I usually find 1 every 1-2 days when I am actively playing this. Once you find a well, drop a white item of any level and a monster appears. Kill the monster and you get the rewards. Keep in mind that an item of lower lvl than you will create an easier monster/and will usually roll worse items. Same note a higher lvl item than your current lvl will produce a stronger monster/ better drops if you kill the monster.

Also after doing this a few times (or even one time if you are unlucky) the well will disappear (poof) and you will need to find another one to well more items.
Gold: 16,643.48
Jan 21 2019 07:25pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Jan 21 2019 10:37am)
They are slightly difficult to find. I usually find 1 every 1-2 days when I am actively playing this. Once you find a well, drop a white item of any level and a monster appears. Kill the monster and you get the rewards. Keep in mind that an item of lower lvl than you will create an easier monster/and will usually roll worse items. Same note a higher lvl item than your current lvl will produce a stronger monster/ better drops if you kill the monster.

Also after doing this a few times (or even one time if you are unlucky) the well will disappear (poof) and you will need to find another one to well more items.

i'm presuming the bolded bit is an opinion. I havent noticed any difference at what level i complete wells to drops i receive.

From my own experience of no whistling, I would suggest you should find one between level 1-35 and one between 35-7x. I've had multiple runs with 3+ wells.
It's not ideal to make a well character and expect the well character to just find wells.

What is usually done is you find it on a climb character, either the climb character or request a guildy to hold the well for you whilst you switch to well char, your guildy leaves after you join. There is also the well iso/well up topic and sometimes they are "sold" in ls trading (no more than 10 fg)

Lastly there are well maps, where low level maps with 1 or more wells can be searched quickly to locate it. these usually sell for 30-50 fg per well + per qty. so if you have 2 wells of 4 qty this could go for ~400. It is most convenient way of getting yourself a well.

As cartrack stated, they have limited use. Its possible for them to disappear on first use, and some of them keep going through 30+ items. as a rough idea i'd suggest it's something like a 5% chance each item for well to disappear.
Gold: 76,582.55
Jan 21 2019 09:09pm
Quote (mclarke @ Jan 21 2019 08:25pm)
i'm presuming the bolded bit is an opinion. I havent noticed any difference at what level i complete wells to drops i receive.

From my own experience of no whistling, I would suggest you should find one between level 1-35 and one between 35-7x. I've had multiple runs with 3+ wells.
It's not ideal to make a well character and expect the well character to just find wells.

What is usually done is you find it on a climb character, either the climb character or request a guildy to hold the well for you whilst you switch to well char, your guildy leaves after you join. There is also the well iso/well up topic and sometimes they are "sold" in ls trading (no more than 10 fg)

Lastly there are well maps, where low level maps with 1 or more wells can be searched quickly to locate it. these usually sell for 30-50 fg per well + per qty. so if you have 2 wells of 4 qty this could go for ~400. It is most convenient way of getting yourself a well.

As cartrack stated, they have limited use. Its possible for them to disappear on first use, and some of them keep going through 30+ items. as a rough idea i'd suggest it's something like a 5% chance each item for well to disappear.

I agree with CARTRACK. Well drops are better if the item is near or above your level.
Go Back To Catacombs Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll