d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo > Diablo 3 > D3 Discussion > New Season Quick Start Guide > Works Solo
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,000.00
Jan 17 2019 03:44pm
Here's what I've been doing to get my first char going (solo) each season. there are slightly faster ways but they're boring AF, if you have any suggestions tho feel free to post.

create a new season char, exit, do the challenge rift (don't do one for the week before season starts), save bag on new season char

do all the bounties once (you need this for journey anyway, start with bosses to get a few rares) then rifts to lvl 34

at lvl 34 spend shards on wrists, if you get Warzechian Armguards pop the cache you got from challenge rift wearing them and pick the gold (you'll gain 10 levels) either way continue to lvl 40.

at lvl 40 max blacksmith (using DB from challenge rift bag) and try get a 2h (non class specific) with anything Chance on hit on the secondary mods (this eliminates 6 of the 10 possible rerolls and gives you 1:4 (1:3 if it has life on hit on the primary;) chance of lvl req reduction)

reroll the other secondary mod to get -lvl requirements (30 is max) if it gets too expensive you may wanna craft a new one

Ruby in helm, blah blah => lvl 70.

from there it's pretty easy just focus on getting your 6 piece set first and solo a 45 asap so you can do T10 public rifts
Gold: 1,889.00
Jan 17 2019 07:48pm
Ty for posting this!
I have a few notes to add:

may want to edit the guide to reflect the correct name of the Custerian wristguards

kadala is mad at me apparently so its not where i typically spend my blood shards but to each their own.
Also worth noting that at lvl 34 the custerians become sharable but there are also 4-8 other bracers on the loot table at that point depending on your class. Necro has the best odds of getting them, while Crusader, Monk, Barb have horrible odds.
personally i go for the ilvl 16 multiplier item for me its the grenade belt for DH way better xp per hour compared to 10 mid-ranged levels
This belt can be kadala'd for on a lvl1 character and eventually will be cubed. the missing main stat is minimal loss compared to the huge multiplicative damage on the item itself.

for a full list of what items become available and at what level this is a helpful resource:

https://www.d3planner.com/game/50649/kadala

--
Other early suggestions
If you are solo open world high density zones will yield way more xp than rifts
if you are in group where it is likely you wont be able to tag the screen of mobs (2's partner that zips ahead or 3+ member party) then rifts is better xp gains per min
season journey has bottleneck aspects to it that shouldnt be overlooked. It is nice to time hitting lvl 70 with also having every bounty act done, this way you get 5 jc plans guaranteed

I wanted to thank OP for posting the often overlooked aspect of making sure the lvl 70 yellow item to already have a chance on hit secondary. early on, gold is a huge block to do this and can be heartbreaking if you dont get lucky

This post was edited by Kickme on Jan 17 2019 07:58pm
Gold: 180.00
Jan 18 2019 11:52am
Great advice guys :)

Bumping for any newer players who may not know
Gold: 8,013.34
Mar 13 2019 02:08pm
Ty
Go Back To D3 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll