d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Science, Technology & Nature > Antiperspirant Deodorants, Shampoo And Toothpaste > Danger Or Myth?
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 63.45
Warn: 30%
Jan 16 2019 01:19pm
I forgot but lol, look at this kid email lmao. Nice prophit/10

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 7 2019 08:45pm)
Message Forwarded From Thor123422
Quote (Melatonina @ Jan 7 2019 01:31pm)
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 7 2019 06:35pm)
Only email I have that doesnt have my name in it

:ph34r:

Prophit_of_truth@hotmail.com

reçu ?

Ill look at it tonight.

Im busy till about 5. Were starting our thorax dissection today :banana:

Gold: 260.11
Jan 16 2019 01:21pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Jan 16 2019 01:16pm)
Idiot. You're the one without any credibility here. Still a student. Cant even read my work but still spit his worthless opinion on every subject.
My own father, who is veterinary and not a stupid young student, uses homeopathy, on animals. and it works lol. closed mind cant understand cuz its only placebo. who cares ?
Seriously kid, just nobody cares about your opinion lol. you are wrong on pretty much everything, I guess you're also a climato sceptist ?

I know vets that use accupuncture too, doesn't mean it works.

Opinion is the lowest level of evidence, and all the evidence says homeopathy is bullshit. It literally says the more you dilute a drug the more potent its effect, literally the opposite of reality. Im sorry that your dad is charging the pet owners for bullshit, hopefully hes also using evidence based practices.
Jan 16 2019 01:28pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Jan 16 2019 01:19pm)
I forgot but lol, look at this kid email lmao. Nice prophit/10

And I told you I don't speak French, so.......

If you have an English copy
Jan 16 2019 01:32pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 16 2019 08:21pm)
I know vets that use accupuncture too, doesn't mean it works.

Opinion is the lowest level of evidence, and all the evidence says homeopathy is bullshit. It literally says the more you dilute a drug the more potent its effect, literally the opposite of reality. Im sorry that your dad is charging the pet owners for bullshit, hopefully hes also using evidence based practices.

Im sorry that you dont know what you're talking about sonny.
Im really sorry that you cant think for yourself and always have to c/p the random crap arguments spread everyday on the net. Idk what evidence you're referring to ?
Acunpuncture is chinese medecine, ofc all you're gonna hear about it at your medecine american school is gonna be against that. I wont speak about it since idk any vet using that lol. and never tried myself.
Again you have no idea what you're talking about, nobody is charging anyone, it just works, on dogs, and horses for sure and for humans too.
If it wasn't working nobody would use it, just simple as it is. You havent tested it so your opinion is again, irrevelant kid.
Oh and my father isnt illuminated or anything, he uses common medecine aswell, medicaments, vaccines, you know .. if you know a vet who uses homeopathy for every problem, you better change for someone else.

Now I cant tell I know in deep how it works myself. But I can give some paths to understand it, like books you know. Memory of water, something like this. Should be enough for the basics and the magic of dilutions imo.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 16 2019 08:28pm)
And I told you I don't speak French, so.......

If you have an English copy

I make the effort to speak english since many years, not my problem you arent evolved enough to speak a 2nd lang. Just blame your stupid country for raising idiots, not me.

This post was edited by Melatonina on Jan 16 2019 01:40pm
Jan 16 2019 01:39pm
I haven't heard a single word about acupuncture at medical school. I did my research into acupuncture and homeopathy several years ago before I was even committed to going into the medical field, and even then it was incredibly obvious that it was bullshit.

"If it wasn't working nobody would use it" - Probably one of the most ignorant statements you can make. Humans have been using ineffective superstition for thousands of years because we are highly susceptible to bias. Even modern medicine used ineffective and harmful methods for decades because they were "common sense" and were only abandoned after evidence showed conclusively that the method didn't work (Look up the history of the radical masectomy). That's why real, quality evidence is a necessity, and in the case of homeopathy and acupuncture, the real quality evidence says its no more effective than a placebo.
Jan 16 2019 01:46pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 16 2019 08:39pm)
I haven't heard a single word about acupuncture at medical school. I did my research into acupuncture and homeopathy several years ago before I was even committed to going into the medical field, and even then it was incredibly obvious that it was bullshit.

"If it wasn't working nobody would use it" - Probably one of the most ignorant statements you can make. Humans have been using ineffective superstition for thousands of years because we are highly susceptible to bias. Even modern medicine used ineffective and harmful methods for decades because they were "common sense" and were only abandoned after evidence showed conclusively that the method didn't work (Look up the history of the radical masectomy). That's why real, quality evidence is a necessity, and in the case of homeopathy and acupuncture, the real quality evidence says its no more effective than a placebo.

Thats right, mediator was still used and plebiscited by the big pharma like 15 years ago in france. And it killed many thousands of people.

See the problem with your reasoning ? I can use it myself against your ignorance.

If its not real, how does a teckel gets his ears raised up after 1 week of homeopathy, when medics doesnt works ?
Im sure you can find some infos about it since "sleeping ears" on teckels is a pretty common condition on young dogs like this.
Because you dont know personally a working case unlike myself, does not mean you are right and that i am wrong.
But again you are too closed minded to even admit the whole medical world could be wrong. Even tho as you said, it has been wrong MANY times in the history lol.
Just quit trying to argue with me kid, finish your studies first then we can talk from equal to equal.

This post was edited by Melatonina on Jan 16 2019 01:48pm
Jan 16 2019 01:47pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Jan 16 2019 01:46pm)
Thats right, mediator was still used and plebiscited by the big pharma like 15 years ago in france. And it killed many thousands of people.

See the problem with your reasoning ? I can use it myself against your ignorance.

If its not real, how does a teckel gets his ears raised up after 1 week oh homeopathy, when medics doesnt works ?
Im sure you can find some infos about it since "sleeping ears" on teckels is a pretty common condition on young dogs like this.
Because you dont know personally a working case unlike myself, does not mean you are right and that i am wrong.
But again you are too closed minded to even admit the whole medical world could be wrong. Even tho as you said, it has been wrong MANY times lol.

So i cant admit the medical world is wrong yet i gave examples of them being wrong?

Your argument is a walking contradiction
Jan 16 2019 01:50pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Jan 16 2019 08:47pm)
So i cant admit the medical world is wrong yet i gave examples of them being wrong?

Your argument is a walking contradiction

You dont have reading abilities. I said you cant admit when the medical world is wrong yes, you just said when it was wrong. Hindsight is very different.

See the difference ? its like, innocent until proven guilty b) with time we (the medical consensus) might eventually review our opinion about homeopathy.

This post was edited by Melatonina on Jan 16 2019 01:52pm
Gold: 578.20
Jan 16 2019 02:49pm
Quote (Melatonina @ 16 Jan 2019 18:00)
You can use 100% naturals and home made products to replace everything you use in your house,
such as teethpast (i use siwak roots pouder with menthol for taste)
washmashine pouder
shampoo exists too, but i need a specific one so it can be homemade
house cleaning etc.

really cheap and effective, mostly made with easy products that you will find everywhere.

you are right to consider parabens and other chemicals products harmful, even tho it's not a big issue unless you have some allergies or skin problems.
check also essentials oils, they have a large variety of benefits with moderate use

This is good to know, thank you.
The reason for using siwak roots powder - is that you have concerns for fluoride?
I'm switching to Rasul clay for my hair, do you have some recommendations for a body wash if you have any? Like baking powder, or?
And essentials oils are really great indeed, I'm using cocunut, almond and Jojoba for different occasions.

Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Jan 2019 19:26)
there are natural products but i would not entirely forgo flouride.

if you live on city water dont sweat it, you're already drinking some. but make sure to rinse or drink with tap water.

as to the rest there are natural varieties, with varying effectiveness. i for one cant use anything but antiperspirant, even the plain liquid deodorant does nothing to contain my manly smells.

I share your concerns with the antiperspirant. I bought some Schmidt's Cedarwood deodorant, that doesn't prevent the sweating but should be doing a pretty good job at neutralizing the manly smell. That still needs some testing though, so I can't say for sure. As I understand, each person has different pH levels and all that - so it's all about finding the right mixture.

Does anyone know for certain whether it's bad to prevent you from sweating and if the aluminum is toxic from daily usage? Otherwise I should probably find one of those peer-reviews GetOnYourKnees is talking about

This post was edited by LazyDazy on Jan 16 2019 02:54pm
Jan 16 2019 03:02pm
Quote (Melatonina @ Jan 16 2019 01:50pm)
You dont have reading abilities. I said you cant admit when the medical world is wrong yes, you just said when it was wrong. Hindsight is very different.

See the difference ? its like, innocent until proven guilty b) with time we (the medical consensus) might eventually review our opinion about homeopathy.

The medical community reviewed homeopathy a century ago, and homeopaths continue to submit papers that dont pass scrutiny.

I know several areas that I know for a fact are wrong, and I learned of these shortcomings in medical school. The medical community is pretty open about the shortcomings of our knowledge and openly teaches where the gaps are in hopes they will one day be filled.
Go Back To Science, Technology & Nature Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll