d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Hardcore Help > Looking For Some Info For New Players
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 14 2019 08:05pm
Hey guys,

My friends and I have decided to do a play-through of Diablo II in hardcore mode, and were currently having a blast going through it. Our goal is to hopefully finish it, but were pretty sure one of us is going to die at some point...regardless, the idea of one death means the end is what makes the game competitive for us and we love it.

I was hoping for a few ideas on what to look out for going forward in the game. Currently, we are going through it on the normal difficulty and have just breezed through Act I no problem, but we know that it only gets more difficult from here on. Any tips on what to look out for or maybe keep in mind, or what we need to ensure max survivability?

We are currently running:

Summoner Necro
Wizard (spec to be decided)
Summoner Druid
Aura Paladin (me, i chose this path to boost the summoned skellys/animals)

Also, if anyone has any spare items or gear that may be of use to some low level scrubs it would be much appreciated!

(Also also, if anyone has any cool amazon builds, I plan on leveling one as an alt as they look so cool to me).

Thanks all!

Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Jan 15 2019 05:13am
i am in mate
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2019 02:30am
Quote (anthonyplaysdiablo @ Jan 15 2019 03:05am)
Hey guys,

My friends and I have decided to do a play-through of Diablo II in hardcore mode, and were currently having a blast going through it. Our goal is to hopefully finish it, but were pretty sure one of us is going to die at some point...regardless, the idea of one death means the end is what makes the game competitive for us and we love it.

I was hoping for a few ideas on what to look out for going forward in the game. Currently, we are going through it on the normal difficulty and have just breezed through Act I no problem, but we know that it only gets more difficult from here on. Any tips on what to look out for or maybe keep in mind, or what we need to ensure max survivability?

We are currently running:

Summoner Necro
Wizard (spec to be decided)
Summoner Druid
Aura Paladin (me, i chose this path to boost the summoned skellys/animals)

Also, if anyone has any spare items or gear that may be of use to some low level scrubs it would be much appreciated!

(Also also, if anyone has any cool amazon builds, I plan on leveling one as an alt as they look so cool to me).

Thanks all!

with a summoner nec in party, all other chars will be just background characters.
played with friends this season too, with summoner nec, wizard and hurricane dudu, and wizard and dudu were just a joke, compared to the nec.

they just had to walk with the skeletons and try to survive. and even that was too difficult. both friends ripped between norm and nightmare.
then i proceed to finish hell alone with the nec. successfully ofc.

important for survivability are resistances and large life pool
dont try to play in nightmare / hell, when ur resistances are negative.
Gold: Locked
Jan 18 2019 10:27am
Quote (MrPatrickBateman @ Jan 16 2019 03:30am)
with a summoner nec in party, all other chars will be just background characters.
played with friends this season too, with summoner nec, wizard and hurricane dudu, and wizard and dudu were just a joke, compared to the nec.

they just had to walk with the skeletons and try to survive. and even that was too difficult. both friends ripped between norm and nightmare.
then i proceed to finish hell alone with the nec. successfully ofc.

important for survivability are resistances and large life pool
dont try to play in nightmare / hell, when ur resistances are negative.

With good players its the opposite
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll