d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars >
Poll > Anyone Else Dissapointed With The New Supra?
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 166.00
Jan 16 2019 03:27pm
Why did it take so long?

Is Toyota aware of how much $$ they left on the table?

Like, your most popular cars are 20 years old, and sold for pennies compared to their current value

Gold: 167.80
Jan 16 2019 04:30pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 15 2019 09:41pm)
reading more about it..

50/50 weight distribution
330 hp
370 torque
0-60 and top speed are impressive

ya'll are right, it's not like a 370z.. It's way fucking better..

I can't wait to hear more about it.

330hp? The mk4 Supra had 320hp. 50/50 weight isn't always wanted nor is it something to brag about. Top speed of 155? Stock civics do that. I'm also pretty sure the mk4 top speed was 155... Do you know anything about cars 'cause your statement doesn't suggest you do.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2019 06:06pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 16 2019 10:30pm)
330hp? The mk4 Supra had 320hp. 50/50 weight isn't always wanted nor is it something to brag about. Top speed of 155? Stock civics do that. I'm also pretty sure the mk4 top speed was 155... Do you know anything about cars 'cause your statement doesn't suggest you do.

You can defend your platform without being a dick, ya know?

I worked as a line tech for a few years before realizing that being a mechanic sucked dick and I could make more money and work less hours.

Jan 16 2019 06:54pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 16 2019 06:06pm)
You can defend your platform without being a dick, ya know?

I worked as a line tech for a few years before realizing that being a mechanic sucked dick and I could make more money and work less hours.

He's kinda got a point though

They've had a lot of time to improve, and hardly did
Gold: 0.00
Jan 16 2019 07:02pm
Quote (IHaveAMeme @ Jan 17 2019 12:54am)
He's kinda got a point though

They've had a lot of time to improve, and hardly did

They made a supra a supra.. maybe it sucks that they didn't keep up on time, but they literally released a very similar car to the a80..

And how haven't they improved? We barely know anything about the car..
Jan 16 2019 07:11pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 16 2019 07:02pm)
They made a supra a supra.. maybe it sucks that they didn't keep up on time, but they literally released a very similar car to the a80..

And how haven't they improved? We barely know anything about the car..

Based on those numbers.. and that's ignoring the fact the mk4 was one of the best cars to mod, ever

Like you said, there's not a ton to go on, but in an open market a fresh off the line mk4 would fetch a hell of a lot more $$
Gold: 94,115.00
Jan 18 2019 12:18am
The problem with the supra is that every car guy has been following it and when they told us about the FT-1 Concept then later showed it to the world to only then bring what they just now released as the new "supra" its a huge let down. There is people that I know that even budgeted and sold their current toy in hopes to pick up on of these. So the "true" enthusiast already are out. Now comes the randoms and everyday folks that never seen let alone know what FT-1 means and they are going bat shit crazy over the car. Price wise its right where it should be. Actually do some inflation figures vs the old one and this is a bargain! Personally I wouldnt be caught in or near it as I dont like nor care for the car, I mean only an auto option? Thats silly.. To put it best this is what the BRZ/FRS SHOULD have been. Same shit happened with Honda when the current NSX came out. over promised and under delivered. When will car companies listen to the consumers?

Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 14 2019 03:25pm)
Overpriced. Slow. Ugly. Not a Toyota. What's there to like? I mean it's on the same platform as the BMW Z4 so I'm sure it'll be a very car but at that point, just buy a Z4.

No one care for your biased opinion. the Z4 is 10K more and is the same thing... How about you use some common sense and refer to the first word you typed..

Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 14 2019 06:31pm)
You know what's almost in no standard testing? Track times. You know what are? 0-60 times. Quarter mile times? You know why? People who drive those cars don't track them as much as you think. Most people drive them on the street. You know what's important on roadways? Highways? Straight line speed.

Is that why every car manufacturer building cars that can go around corners, and tested at Nurburg every opportunity they get? Your statements are idiotic at best. Every road, every highway, has turns.... Not sure what your point is.

Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 14 2019 06:54pm)
It wasn't a literal fact. I'm getting at for what? Every 1 person who tracks it, 100 don't? If not more, literally? People care about the acceleration and 0-60 times more than how it handles around a track 'cause most won't do that. That's why they sell cars with horsepower ratings. 0-60 times. Quarter mile times. Not various track times.

If you dont have facts why are ya yappin?

Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 16 2019 03:30pm)

Every Turbo bmw engine thats come out in the last 10 years has been underrated. Id put money once people toss these on the dyno they'll be making 300+ rwhp STOCK. Everything else in your comment makes no sense. 50/50 weight distribution is whats wanted in a proper driving car. Its why Caddy is slowly bringing GM back up, its why Chevy isnt making "muscle" cars but "driver" cars, and its why cars like the Challengers and Chargers that can only go straight can only sell if given away. Again your comment on the top speed is dumb. They can both go over... but electronically limited.
Gold: 167.80
Jan 18 2019 04:00pm
Quote (e2z @ Jan 18 2019 01:18am)
The problem with the supra is that every car guy has been following it and when they told us about the FT-1 Concept then later showed it to the world to only then bring what they just now released as the new "supra" its a huge let down. There is people that I know that even budgeted and sold their current toy in hopes to pick up on of these. So the "true" enthusiast already are out. Now comes the randoms and everyday folks that never seen let alone know what FT-1 means and they are going bat shit crazy over the car. Price wise its right where it should be. Actually do some inflation figures vs the old one and this is a bargain! Personally I wouldnt be caught in or near it as I dont like nor care for the car, I mean only an auto option? Thats silly.. To put it best this is what the BRZ/FRS SHOULD have been. Same shit happened with Honda when the current NSX came out. over promised and under delivered. When will car companies listen to the consumers?

No one care for your biased opinion. the Z4 is 10K more and is the same thing... How about you use some common sense and refer to the first word you typed..

Is that why every car manufacturer building cars that can go around corners, and tested at Nurburg every opportunity they get? Your statements are idiotic at best. Every road, every highway, has turns.... Not sure what your point is.

If you dont have facts why are ya yappin?

Every Turbo bmw engine thats come out in the last 10 years has been underrated. Id put money once people toss these on the dyno they'll be making 300+ rwhp STOCK. Everything else in your comment makes no sense. 50/50 weight distribution is whats wanted in a proper driving car. Its why Caddy is slowly bringing GM back up, its why Chevy isnt making "muscle" cars but "driver" cars, and its why cars like the Challengers and Chargers that can only go straight can only sell if given away. Again your comment on the top speed is dumb. They can both go over... but electronically limited.

Facts aren't everything. Facts in cars don't really matter. Fact is the new Supra is going to be slow as dog shit. But that' doesn't change the fact with the right driver it can be much better. Or it could be much worse. You're saying you'll put money up on 300+ yet that's not a fact that it'll do that so why you yapping? You most likely have 0 automotive experience. You literally have no idea what the point of 50/50 weight distribution is. I doubt you understand how that actually works. Just because something is 50/50 doesn't mean it should be. Doesn't mean it's going to handle well. Look up the myth behind 50/50 and you might actually learn something. I mean the best handling cars in the world are F1 and they have 60% in the rear, but what do they know? They only have millions of dollars in their R/D to make the perfect race car. The Viper ACR is one of the most perfectly built track cars, over 13 SCCA lap records around the world, it has 49/51. Just because something is 50/50 doesn't literally mean the weight is completely even. You have quite a bit to learn before giving your opinions.

Jan 18 2019 04:26pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Jan 18 2019 04:00pm)
Facts aren't everything. Facts in cars don't really matter. Fact is the new Supra is going to be slow as dog shit. But that' doesn't change the fact with the right driver it can be much better. Or it could be much worse. You're saying you'll put money up on 300+ yet that's not a fact that it'll do that so why you yapping? You most likely have 0 automotive experience. You literally have no idea what the point of 50/50 weight distribution is. I doubt you understand how that actually works. Just because something is 50/50 doesn't mean it should be. Doesn't mean it's going to handle well. Look up the myth behind 50/50 and you might actually learn something. I mean the best handling cars in the world are F1 and they have 60% in the rear, but what do they know? They only have millions of dollars in their R/D to make the perfect race car. The Viper ACR is one of the most perfectly built track cars, over 13 SCCA lap records around the world, it has 49/51. Just because something is 50/50 doesn't literally mean the weight is completely even. You have quite a bit to learn before giving your opinions.

60% rear :drool:

I have to put about 600 lbs of lead on to hit 56%

Getting cross % is a whole other nightmare
Gold: 2,601.00
Jan 19 2019 03:15pm
what i expected. nothin special. basically a bmw 140
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll