d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Starcraft I & II > Iso Coaching > Sc2
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Feb 9 2019 04:53pm
Quote (Lonzo @ Feb 9 2019 03:52pm)
Wut rank is u

I'm bad lol, but I've never claimed otherwise. Think I was Plat 1 last time I played, but it''s been awhile.
Gold: 45,180.00
Feb 10 2019 02:29pm
Quote (Tommyvv @ Jan 15 2019 04:25pm)
Everybody wants to be, like Tommy !

Are you Worldmeister Finisher Serral, or want to become him? No, you dont! So why try?

Thats why, you not need all hotkeys or camera positions.
You nn to have that hotkey for your roachwarden or hydra-production, it saves you upto 10sec in a 10min game. So you can inject ones more?
ofc some hotkeys sometimes can be helpfull, like (B)build (E)extractor, since you may select a new drone for it, and need to repeat it 4to6times in a few second, in the eurlygame.

It's more ezz to use 5%of possible hotkeys, to reach 66%of Serral results,
then it is, to use 50%of possible hotkeys, and reaching 50%Serral results.

no camera positions?
Come on for any level of play especially as zerg this is vital.
It's such a minor thing to add to your playstyle.
I just cringe at people who are screendragging constantly.

This post was edited by Juvator on Feb 10 2019 02:31pm
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Feb 10 2019 03:06pm
Quote (Juvator @ Feb 10 2019 08:29pm)
no camera positions?
Come on for any level of play especially as zerg this is vital.
It's such a minor thing to add to your playstyle.
I just cringe at people who are screendragging constantly.

technicly its only used bye pro's for injecting hatch with queens, to manual select the queen after.
they press F3(camera position), drag mouse over screen to select queen, and then press inject.

you can just hotkey the queen, and save 3clicks.
even then, you have plenty of army-hotkeys left for more groups and hatchery's

the only dumpsterreason pro's use it = keep the left hand at the left side of the keybord, when play the full game, so they can fake-apm-faster
they deselected the f1 and f2 key, to make them camera positions, they not even use f5

howmany queen nerves you need before you can exept a 1queen zerg play?
Gold: 45,180.00
Feb 10 2019 04:02pm
for me personally I just like to optimize my gameplay. But I strongly have to disagree that it's something only pro's use because any level of player can benefit from learning to use them.
And it has nothing to do with artificially boosting apm at all for me. Camera position use is literally a staple as in a MUST USE mechanic if you want to play starcraft even remotely seriously.

Fyi I'm not saying you can't play without them or that you can't reach master but you are just handicapping yourself if you don't.

I like being able to use F1 to F5 to swap to a specific hatch quickly because of a building I have there, or because I'm being attacked there.
It makes defending against drops soo much quicker. It also makes relocating drones to specific bases much quicker and easier.

+ I use Serral's way of injecting where indeed I hotkey the queens and then I use the F1 through F5 keys respectively if I get that many active inject hatches and then inject them.
It's just F1 + X + click hatch -> F2 + X + click hatch etc etc this can be done in fractions of seconds.
It's much quicker than boxing the queens and it saves you clicks yes but for this you need the camera positions or you space cycle but that is not efficient. Because it also selects macro hatches or empty hatches which is really annoying.
And as a little side note this means I have 2 control groups for queens, 1 for the inject hatch queens, and then 1 for the creep/defense queens, and having these on separate hotkeys like this again makes defense easier because in the worst case you can pull the inject queens from all hatches as well and redistributing them back to your hatches with camera positions is then also only a matter of pressing F1 through F5 afterwards.

Therefor I still say you should not play without camera positions because Space cycling just sucks balls for injecting.

To Summarize

- Inject management
- Drone saturation management
- Defense
- Efficient base switching

Any single one of these reasons is good enough to use camera positions. You my friend are just plain wrong when you say it's "technically only used by pro's for injecting" and it's most definitely NOT only a dumpster reason for fake apm.

This sentence just downright makes no sense to me at all.

This post was edited by Juvator on Feb 10 2019 04:23pm
Gold: 1,045.70
Warn: 20%
Feb 13 2019 06:59am
Quote (Juvator @ Feb 10 2019 10:02pm)
This sentence just downright makes no sense to me at all.

Queen use to give 4larve per inject (hots) and 125health per instaheal.

Ok, Serral himself knows how to spent over 95% Queen-larve before the hatchery stops larve production(3larve at hatch).
Mostly at 4bases at the 8min mark, in ZvZ and ZvT, still building zerglings at 17min mark.,
95%of time, all hatch have 16mineral workers, unless mined out

If you look at 5.5k MMR/5.8k MMR players like Neuro, often they have stacked up larve after injects, witch stops hatch-larve production.
Before you can inject with 3queen on 1hotkey, you will have to match energy on a few of them, to prevent them walking from hatch to hatch.
Even when make the lowest cost units ingame, you still need (3queen larve+0.5hatch larve)*3hatch*50coins=525Minerals stacked up before inject larve spam, to prevent hatch-larve-production-stop

a queen cost 150minerals +25supply
a hatch cost 300+50drone-75supply
a hatch only cost 100minerals more, and saves you 2 total supply
building a hatch, requires a drone, this drone may have collected minerals already (so when invest in larve production, meanwhile you collect minerals with the same investment)
building a hatch provides creep, you at least need 1creep tumor to replace that creep, witch delay larve production with over 30sec
more bases provides more places to mine gass, and more places for workers to run to, when get multiherass
the bases you use for larve in the eurlygame, will be of use to mine minerals in the mid/lategame
So you invest 66.6coins into a hatch, instead of a queen, in the eurly game, this 66.6coins cost turns into 166.6profit ones hit the 7min mark
Go Back To Starcraft I & II Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll