d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > In A Weight Loss Challenge. Does Keto Work? > Discussions And Tips.
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 97.00
Jan 10 2019 07:02pm
I joined a weight loss challenge starting this last Monday. Trying to figure out what might be best.
I have 2 months and was told keto and even eating one meal a day will work.
I currently sadly have a dad bod and sit at about 250 pounds.

If you have a diet that works or easy work out routines I can start let me know.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.
Gold: 0.00
Jan 10 2019 08:53pm
eat less
run
lose weight rapidly

you dont need keto to lose weight, just eat below your bmr.
Jan 11 2019 09:06am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 10 2019 05:53pm)
eat less
run
lose weight rapidly

you dont need keto to lose weight, just eat below your bmr.

This. To be more detailed. Figure out your calories burnt every 24 hours. Adding in everything you do and calculate how much you burn each day. Even a cold shower for 10 min makes you lose 10-20 extra calories from just trying to warm up quicker(heart rate goes up)
Anyways, shoot for something like 600-900 calories deficit.
You can do cardio or you can do something fun and easy like hike for 8 hours a day on the weekends.
Eat more fibers when you eat a lot of sugars. If you drink sodas and stuff like that while you're in a deficit....certain people will gain more fats rapidly and you might not gain any muscle while you work out lol
I personally turn on a podcast and work out for 1-2 hours 5 times a week. Running, lifting, or whatever. Podcasts will make it easy.
If you can't deal with hunger pains. Just eat a shit ton of fibers with meat lol. Fibrous food helps me cut weight. It helps me deal with those hunger pains. I might eat too much of it but it works for me. Maybe it will work for you.
If it's snowing in your area. Go hike to a friends house and get a rid home. It's kind of fun and you lose so much calories trying to stay warm. You do not get exhausted cause you can easily get rid of that heat from the weather.
Just make it easy but make sure you get enough food in. Can't starve yourself too much.

While you do all this cardio type stuff....life heavy weights twice a week. If you lift too much while doing that much fat burning exercises...your muscles will fatigue and all those acids will build up. So i find lifting heavy weights only twice helps. Doesn't even have to be heavy but just lift twice a week.
I used to eat every 3 hours. SUper small meals. I lost weight rapidly. Im sure people have other ways to lose weight rapidly. That's just what i did and it worked so well. I lost muscle though. If you don't want to lose too much muscles then you might have to slowly lose weight. lol
Gold: 3,351.37
Jan 13 2019 07:59am
I started Keto on the 2nd which works well for me because it has suppressed my appetite meaning less caloric intake. I've tried lots of diets, including just calorie restriction and exercise but hunger always followed closely so they never worked.

I downloaded an app called Mealime which was amazing to start, now paired with Recipe Keeper because I am too cheap to pay for Mealime to add my own recipes.

I am 5'7", starting weight was 278lb and am currently sitting at 255lb (The bulk being the easy/fast water weight drop); I burn ~1000+ calories at work and follow the (lazy) body weight multiplied by 11 for natural calorie burn rule so roughly 3500cal minus however much I eat to null any form of hunger and I hit my deficit.

The first week was the worst, I was eating two larger meals each day and hit the Keto flu quite fast, added electrolytes, salts and a little caffeine and have felt great ever since! Currently only eating one meal a day now, fasting for 23 hours between with ease.

Walking/short bursts of sprinting is the best exercise I can recommend starting out.
Jan 14 2019 03:22am
Keto heavy
Gold: 0.95
Jan 14 2019 09:22pm
In A Weight Loss Challenge. Does Keto Work?.................

Does a wet bird fly at night?
Feb 7 2019 06:31am
Here's a list of 6 major reasons why you are failing to lose weight on a ketogenic diet. Take note of these potential pitfalls.
You are not cutting back on carbs as much as required. It is possibility.
Stress.
You are still not on real foods.
You are eating too many nuts.
Lack of sleep.
You are filling up on 'healthy sugars.(Indian workouts)
Feb 9 2019 01:23pm
lost 18 pounds in 1 month

omad keto diet

1 meal a day keto u will melt

i did also 1 48h fast during that 1 month and 2 cheat meals of over 3000 calories and still lost 18 pounds

went from 245 to 227

i feel great i take multi vitamins and eat vegetables wich give me the most nutrients, nuts and alternate meats for maximum nutrients

make sure if u try a 48h fast that you take your electrolytes sodium/potassium/magnesium

also i drink match( green tea) it helps with hunger and boosts your metabolism also many studies have been done and overall result is a 3% increase weight loss in a week when 2 cups of matcha were taken daily

Gold: 3,351.37
Feb 10 2019 09:40pm
Quote (Booyaka @ Feb 9 2019 12:23pm)
lost 18 pounds in 1 month

omad keto diet

1 meal a day keto u will melt

i did also 1 48h fast during that 1 month and 2 cheat meals of over 3000 calories and still lost 18 pounds

went from 245 to 227

i feel great i take multi vitamins and eat vegetables wich give me the most nutrients, nuts and alternate meats for maximum nutrients

make sure if u try a 48h fast that you take your electrolytes sodium/potassium/magnesium

also i drink match( green tea) it helps with hunger and boosts your metabolism also many studies have been done and overall result is a 3% increase weight loss in a week when 2 cups of matcha were taken daily

Congrats! I am now down 40lbs total in 5 weeks, taking a whole week off then back to it.
Gold: 1,082.00
Warn: 50%
Feb 10 2019 09:59pm
Any diet works but keto seems to be easier to stick to for many people

If you're not ingesting many carbs you're going to shed water. And it's not like youre going to be able to distinguish that from fat. You'll weigh less and look leaner despite it not being tissue loss
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll