d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Consoles > Nintendo > New Super Mario Party > Review
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 13,277.00
Jan 9 2019 01:42pm
As a stand alone game, I give Mario party for switch a 8/10. Clean simple Mario party game, Great!

so we are done yes? no.

The game is absolute trash compared to other Mario parties. for the following reasons:

1. Not enough Mini games/ games are too fast / didn't recycle the good ones

I could only mass play with my fam over christmas for roughly 6 hours before we basically cycled through all the mini games. Previous mini games were longer than 20 seconds, and some are way too simple. They didn't bother recycling the classics, which is a staple of Mario party to take the old games and remaster now instead of just pushing eachother off a hexagon while riding balls from mario party 1, there are certain colours which will drop at certain times in mario party 3 and 4 for example. This doesn't happen with the new game. inb4 damn kids get ma lawn and ruinin muh vidya games

2. Participation coins

Are you fucking serious Mario Party? Why is everything in the world becoming this kindergarden 6th place medal schoolyard bullshit. STOP REINFORCING PLAYERS PLAYING POORLY. If someone sucks, they should get spanked. so they learn how to get better. Handicapping everybody else because they suck and can't win minigames takes away from the competition. I am going to be honest with you, if you suck, and cant win, you may enjoy these free participation coins, but you are a bitch and shouldn't get used to free handouts for sucking as something. It is bad for your psyche to be given rewards when you fail. 0/10 on this one Mario party.

3. Maps are tiny

WTF is this shit? Maps are small, so I multiple times have gotten to stars in same roll because the star barely moves because the map is so small. You will not get extravagant large maps where you need 8 rounds just to get to the star. Everyone will basically always be near eachother

4. 'Friends'

In new Mario party you can get NPC allys 'friends' which automatically buffer your dice roll every single turn. This is insanely not balanced. Someone getting a friend early in the game has an insane advantage over someone who didnt roll a 6 so they missed the get an ally square so now they lose 15 spaces over the course of the game simply because of RNG. Especially when the rewards at end of game one of them being Most squares travelled. It is kind of ridiculous.

5. End of Game rewards

The end of game rewards is always 2, and it is always a joke.

If you are a kid and want to play Mario Party, its worth it. 8/10

if you are a seasoned Mario PArty veteran, this may be a disappointment to you in terms of the board game content itself. 4/10 probably worst one for players who play to win.

Good luck!

This post was edited by Crunktd on Jan 9 2019 01:48pm
Gold: 2.66
Jan 17 2019 12:13pm
no pro controller support. :angry:
Gold: 13,277.00
Jan 17 2019 12:14pm
Quote (Malignanttumor666 @ 17 Jan 2019 14:13)
no pro controller support. :angry:

Also infuriating

very good point sir!
Go Back To Nintendo Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll