d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Rewatching Anime
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 8,195.00
Jan 9 2019 11:18am
im finding that some of the anime i once loved doesnt hold up to a rewatch, namely Clannad and Toradora

when i first watched those two a few years ago, i was devastated and super emotional, which felt great in a cathartic way

now the plot and character development seems so unnatural, and forcefully cliche at times

getting old sucks
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 9 2019 12:27pm
Quote (otay @ Jan 9 2019 10:18am)
im finding that some of the anime i once loved doesnt hold up to a rewatch, namely Clannad and Toradora

when i first watched those two a few years ago, i was devastated and super emotional, which felt great in a cathartic way

now the plot and character development seems so unnatural, and forcefully cliche at times

getting old sucks

It's just part of growing up I'm afraid. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are the two hardest ones for me. I absolutely adored these as a kid, I thought they were the best thing ever. When I re-watch them now it's difficult to convince myself that they're actually good shows. The writing is just fucking awful. Sure, some of the fights are still epic as fuck and some of the more iconic moments still hold up, but it's not a good show.

I never did get into slice of life, dramatic, or romantic anime, so it's difficult for me to understand exactly what you're experiencing with these, but I imagine it's similar to how I feel watching once loved shows and realizing that they're just not very good.
Gold: 29.00
Jan 9 2019 04:29pm
One of the reason i rarely rewatch anime.
you just don't experience things the same way after your first watch.

i do own movies and series, but i don't rewatch them very often.
when i do it's more just as a refresher.
good movies/series are still good and rewatching doesn't really change my opinion on them, even though i don't feel that same level of excitement when i first watched them.

i've probably rewatched Redline a dozen times by now, same with Akira.
still really good movies and some of my favs, but just doesn't really hype me up like it did when i first watched them.

Gold: 0.00
Jan 10 2019 07:35pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 9 2019 08:27pm)
It's just part of growing up I'm afraid. Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z are the two hardest ones for me. I absolutely adored these as a kid, I thought they were the best thing ever. When I re-watch them now it's difficult to convince myself that they're actually good shows. The writing is just fucking awful. Sure, some of the fights are still epic as fuck and some of the more iconic moments still hold up, but it's not a good show.

I never did get into slice of life, dramatic, or romantic anime, so it's difficult for me to understand exactly what you're experiencing with these, but I imagine it's similar to how I feel watching once loved shows and realizing that they're just not very good.

same. i tried to rewatch it few years ago and couldnt. the storyline is too bad. loved it as kid but would rate it with a 5/10 today.
Jan 11 2019 02:02pm
i rewatched hunter x hunter and naruto without noticing any diminished feels

shonen seems less perishable than romantic high school stuff
Jan 11 2019 02:36pm
Quote (otay @ Jan 11 2019 01:02pm)
i rewatched hunter x hunter and naruto without noticing any diminished feels

shonen seems less perishable than romantic high school stuff

Hunter x Hunter is still just as good for me. The ending of the Chimera Ant arc doesn't wreck me anymore though, pretty sure I fucking cried during that scene with Meruem and Komugi. I never cry in anything, but that got me.
Jan 11 2019 03:32pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 11 2019 02:36pm)
Hunter x Hunter is still just as good for me. The ending of the Chimera Ant arc doesn't wreck me anymore though, pretty sure I fucking cried during that scene with Meruem and Komugi. I never cry in anything, but that got me.

i cried both times

love 2 cry
Gold: 0.03
Jan 11 2019 05:02pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 11 2019 12:36pm)

Also when the girl chimera ant returns to the village and is instantly recognized/accepted by her mother

:cry:

Jan 11 2019 05:28pm
Quote (Suxpicious @ Jan 11 2019 04:02pm)
Also when the girl chimera ant returns to the village and is instantly recognized/accepted by her mother

:cry:

The fucking feels man. It's not enough to make ya cry or anything, but Gon finallllllly meeting with Ging was another one and then Gon being straight broken after what happened to Kite, both of those are rough, no matter how many times you've seen it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 11 2019 05:28pm
Jan 12 2019 12:57am
true hxh fans cry at every episode
Go Back To Anime Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll