d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Maths.. > Back At It
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Banned
Gold: 101.00
Jan 18 2019 09:31am
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jan 18 2019 03:02pm)
if a*2.5=8.3-13.6 then chances are a=(8.3-13.6)/2.5 ~=-2.1 (m.s^(-2))

also whats up with these quadratic equations? seems like youve been at it for yrs. its literally alwayyyys the same thing... do you ever learn?

are you mentally challenged or something? are you trolling? not meant to be a flame im just wondering how somebody can own a porsche (https://forums.d2jsp.org/img.php?x=390567) (i.e. an adult) and still struggle with this

either way why are you studying mathematics if you are so bad at it? most jobs dont require mathematics, its a pretty useless way to spend ones time, many will disagree but im just saying

good luck

i do learn but in contrast to others, it takes me longer time to digest the info because i also have other duties that are keeping me busy at the same time.
i'm by no means trolling and would have no intention to do so.
the type of car i own should not reflect on something that i post on a forum in that sense, i'm sorry you see it that way -- can't really do anything to change your mind about how you interpret certain things..
you didn't however explain how it actually ended up being -2.1 you just said chances are a=.....

if you're not here to help, please refrain from posting more here, i'm just looking for help from people that are willing to help
thanks
Gold: 6,723.69
Jan 18 2019 12:27pm
Quote (Clockstomper12 @ Jan 18 2019 02:02pm)
if a*2.5=8.3-13.6 then chances are a=(8.3-13.6)/2.5 ~=-2.1 (m.s^(-2))

also whats up with these quadratic equations? seems like youve been at it for yrs. its literally alwayyyys the same thing... do you ever learn?

are you mentally challenged or something? are you trolling? not meant to be a flame im just wondering how somebody can own a porsche (https://forums.d2jsp.org/img.php?x=390567) (i.e. an adult) and still struggle with this

either way why are you studying mathematics if you are so bad at it? most jobs dont require mathematics, its a pretty useless way to spend ones time, many will disagree but im just saying

good luck

He does explain.

If a=b+cx then x = (a-b)/c
Steps:
1. Move b to the left to obtain a-b
2. Divide left and right side by c (cx/c equals x; (a-b) divided by c gives you the outcome of x)

But, @Clockstomper. No need to be a sheer and utter dick about it. We all have to start somewhere and everybody has his or her talents. Friend of mine rolls the perfect joints, other friend can fix cars and even build one from scratch, other friend makes an excellent cook, I make a great listener (irl anyway). But I couldn't for the life of me change a light bulb. Doesn't stop me from studying medicine and having a professional bachelor in physiotherapy, in which I was not untalented if I may say so. Maybe @OP aces in managing people on the work floor which got @OP a fancy car. What do we know, right? :)
Banned
Jan 20 2019 08:44am
Quote (Forg0tten @ Jan 18 2019 08:27pm)
He does explain.

If a=b+cx then x = (a-b)/c
Steps:
1. Move b to the left to obtain a-b
2. Divide left and right side by c (cx/c equals x; (a-b) divided by c gives you the outcome of x)

But, @Clockstomper. No need to be a sheer and utter dick about it. We all have to start somewhere and everybody has his or her talents. Friend of mine rolls the perfect joints, other friend can fix cars and even build one from scratch, other friend makes an excellent cook, I make a great listener (irl anyway). But I couldn't for the life of me change a light bulb. Doesn't stop me from studying medicine and having a professional bachelor in physiotherapy, in which I was not untalented if I may say so. Maybe @OP aces in managing people on the work floor which got @OP a fancy car. What do we know, right? :)

Thanks.

How can I simplify this?

2x-14/7-x? so I get that 2x-2*7/-x+7 is something I should do but how to go on from here? Couldn't find a valid explanation on this
Answer is supposed to be -2

Also same with: 20-4y/y^2-25 , has to do something with adding (-1) in the numerator, anything you recognize?
Gold: 0.31
Jan 20 2019 12:10pm
This post is a violation of the site rules and appropriate action was taken.

the porsche thing got kinda misunderstood I guess, I dont care how much money op has, all I know is that he owns a car so he isn't 5 anymore, hes old enough to have a job and vote and shit, and honestly, knowing that there are people out there with this lvl of retardation fills me with dread...
managing people on the work floor? haha im sure hes good at it, it's always the same dumbasses that like to power trip and give useless orders to people who are much more deserving and competent. luckily im not a cubicle slave, I would never allow myself to be bossed around by some weak unskilled guy who cant solve a fucking linear equation, the same way a 800 pound gorilla doesnt care what bugs think, and god knows i don't know much maths and that its been a while already
OP should be a cop or join the army methinks

Quote (xaz @ Jan 20 2019 03:44pm)
Thanks.

How can I simplify this?

2x-14/7-x? so I get that 2x-2*7/-x+7 is something I should do but how to go on from here? Couldn't find a valid explanation on this
Answer is supposed to be -2

Also same with: 20-4y/y^2-25 , has to do something with adding (-1) in the numerator, anything you recognize?

you probably mean (2x-14)/(7-x)

holy hell... and it's -2 because when -2 times something over something thats not zero is -2... lmao...

for the second one use a^2-b^2=(a-b)(a+b) (recognize the difference of two squares... genius) in the denominator and factor -4 in the numerator to get -4/(5+y)... and dont forget the parenthesis jeeeezus

anyway my point is that youre probably wasting your time and should devote your time to something more meaningful than dumb algebra, go lift weights or something if youre doing it for the gurls, how much do u bench? if its below 3 plates just go strength training bro

if youre really hell bent on stupid algebra then you need to stop at once what you're doing and start to think deeply about what it means to cancel stuff both sides of an equation, and stop following ready-made explanations or using formulas without understanding them. it should be absolutely obvious. like. no thinking needed at all to solve these exercises
Banned
Feb 4 2019 11:05am
quick problem

g(x)=x^3+9x+e, where e is a constant
determine "e" so that g(6)=13

6^3+9*6+e=13

216+54+e=13

270+e=13

e=13-270

e=-257

I just feel like I somehow have the wrong answer but the right method of solving this type of equation.
Any input?
Gold: 2,673.69
Feb 4 2019 12:45pm
It’s just being able to read function notation.

If you’re unsure you can always graph these types of problems to verify the coordinate (6,13) is on the graph.
Banned
Feb 4 2019 02:49pm
Quote (brigadier @ Feb 4 2019 08:45pm)
It’s just being able to read function notation.

If you’re unsure you can always graph these types of problems to verify the coordinate (6,13) is on the graph.

Oh I know, but this was just a imaginary problem I made myself, I was just asking if the method of problemsolving it was correct or not?
Gold: 2,673.69
Feb 4 2019 06:19pm
Quote (Hyc @ Feb 4 2019 12:49pm)
Oh I know, but this was just a imaginary problem I made myself, I was just asking if the method of problemsolving it was correct or not?

Yes it was.
Gold: 6,723.69
Feb 7 2019 07:57am
Why do you feel that the anwer is wrong?
6^3+9*6+e=13

6^3 plus 9*6 is going to be sort of a big positive number and you're gonna want e to be a big negative number to get back to 13. Simple intuition will tell you that e will be a similar but negative number that is 13 away from 6^3+9*6
After solving for e, you can check your answer by seeing if 6^3 + 9*6 + -257 equals 13. If your answer is correct, it is relatively safe to assume that your calculation was correct as well.
Gold: 3,804.50
Feb 8 2019 08:40pm
edit: didn't see page 2 xD

This post was edited by carteblanche on Feb 8 2019 08:40pm
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll