d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Car Audio > Can I Disconnect My Radio? > Will The Lights Go Out?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2019 12:46am

So the top radio is 100% useless, a plastic kit would be about 220-300$ .... Just because of the heating/coooling....

My question is, is there a fuse , or a wire I can unplug, to disable that top radio, but still have the Power/signal and light for heating/air-conditioning knowbs/buttons?
Reason I ask... is because during the night, I see that my top radio flashes/turns on and off at random sometimes...
it hasn't drained my battery yet in the last 2 years... it turns on and off while driving too, and i hear the annoying gears of the CD player not working ect.
I don't care about the radio / clock / sound button knobs ect.

Only worried about being able to use my heat/AC
Don't want to spend 2 hours + ripping things apart , without asking a quick Question first lol.

was hoping a fuse or wire idea.
snip snip away....

This post was edited by conetopia on Jan 6 2019 12:50am
Gold: 0.69
Jan 6 2019 09:25am
Locate fuse box
Pull fuse that is for radio and see if it creates the desired effect

Without knowing make model or year in your post, no decent google searcher can tell you where the fuse is.
I have a general idea of where they might be, but ...

Edit
Looking at your previous post
If it’s this Honda
Then it’s fuse #5 a 10amp in the interior fuse box

This post was edited by hunter_1 on Jan 6 2019 09:27am
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2019 08:33pm
Quote (hunter_1 @ 6 Jan 2019 09:25)
Locate fuse box
Pull fuse that is for radio and see if it creates the desired effect

Without knowing make model or year in your post, no decent google searcher can tell you where the fuse is.
I have a general idea of where they might be, but ...

Edit
Looking at your previous post
If it’s this Honda
Then it’s fuse #5 a 10amp in the interior fuse box

lol, thanks.
yeah 2005 honda accord LX , 2.4 cylinder. sedan.
Gold: 616.00
Feb 22 2019 02:33pm
Quote (conetopia @ Jan 5 2019 10:46pm)
https://i.gyazo.com/c2b07bbedafe2d19ebf9cab8ed1a1bc1.jpg
So the top radio is 100% useless, a plastic kit would be about 220-300$ .... Just because of the heating/coooling....

My question is, is there a fuse , or a wire I can unplug, to disable that top radio, but still have the Power/signal and light for heating/air-conditioning knowbs/buttons?
Reason I ask... is because during the night, I see that my top radio flashes/turns on and off at random sometimes...
it hasn't drained my battery yet in the last 2 years... it turns on and off while driving too, and i hear the annoying gears of the CD player not working ect.
I don't care about the radio / clock / sound button knobs ect.

Only worried about being able to use my heat/AC
Don't want to spend 2 hours + ripping things apart , without asking a quick Question first lol.

was hoping a fuse or wire idea.
snip snip away....

If u starting messing with it n mess it up the shit will all b fucked especially in newer models
Go Back To Car Audio Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll