d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Magic Luck And Whistle Penalties
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,458.98
Jan 4 2019 10:14am
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Jan 4 2019 11:24am)
But specifically. The more runs you can complete at the highest killing speed of monsters your level. Anything below your level is an absolute bust for magic finding even with 14/14/14.

have you actually tested this though?

Idly curious as I find more items from low level monsters than i should. i think as an average you get 0.5 drops per mob (given some drops like 2-3 and on rare occasions like 6 but usually nothing). I would suggest i recieve an item from lower level mobs as a 1 in 10 chance, perhaps slightly worse but not by THAT much.

I personally dont think this has been tested "recently" as it's just EXPECTED that you should be killing mobs of your level really, always has been and certainly in old LS versions with the arena was definitely the case.
I dont have a ML setup to test. All i can add in terms of testing is that i also agree the drop rates arn't awful in the current version for low level monsters.
Gold: 8,891.73
Jan 4 2019 03:20pm
Quote (a_hotter_otter @ Jan 5 2019 12:24am)
But specifically. The more runs you can complete at the highest killing speed of monsters your level. Anything below your level is an absolute bust for magic finding even with 14/14/14.

I am guessing from your statement you are referring to Welling only, as I would assume that people whistling, does so at their character level and not below.

I have welled lower tier items and have had overspawn results as well as more mods. I am unsure about the "amount" of side drops, whether there is a diminishing return reducing this amount if you character is too high level... example level 72 welling a level 15 item... how many side drops should or would drop?
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll