d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > Strategy & Guides > Back To The Game: Questions > Back To This After 6 Years
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 0.00
Jan 3 2019 07:49pm
So basically decided to get back into the game after 6 years, been busy with work and league of legends...(rank games are boring to me now)
Decided to play my marauder facebreaker and working my way to ancestral warchief chieftain, lots of things are confusing me...narrowed it down to couple of questions.
Feel free to answer whichever u can! appreciate it.

1. So there are no more difficulties? no more normal, cruel, merciless? just advanced difficulties as you progress in acts? also I remember 6 years ago killing few bosses (not sure which ones..) but seems like I'm already in the Epilogue? Final act? (automatically unlocked?)
2. Ascendancy class? decided to Marauder->Chieftain. Now I did all the trials of Ascendancy up to the point of 1/6 Trials for the Eternal Labyrinth. Is there any fast way to do this? or you just keep doing maps until it appears randomly?
3. Are maps best way to late game farm now? are any bosses worth for farming drops?
Gold: 61,337.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 4 2019 03:05pm
1. correct, now there are 10 basic acts ( while you will start of from the layout point of view 1-5 and 6-10 are basically the same, but different quests ). End of 5 you kill kitava and get -30 all res, same as end of 10 kill him again, -30 more - this basically is ( besides of stronger monsters ) the difficultiy progression ). If you are in epiloque after act 10 you can start mapping, yes
2. Well ... not sure currently what is best ascendency for facebreaker since meanwhile there are new nice "startoff" builds like arc totem hierophant or even arc selfcast elementalist ... for eternal ( = "Uber" or 4th ) lab you need to get all 6 trials, yes they spam randomly on maps. Or go to public channel 820 and join the missing labs, people offer it there
3., yes, do maps for leveling / progress and drops. bosses are not the best for maximizing drops, this goes over several map mods ( increased monster pack size usually is good to have "more" drops ) ... i´d suggest to run yellow maps generally with alch orb on it to make drops better ( maybe even put 4 chisel on it to improve the maps even further -> more drops, but BEFORE you alch them )

however, there are multiple new mechanics which are really a tl;dr if i would write em down ( shaper, zana map progression, as well as current leagues delve or incursions ... )

just go on and progress through maps. if zana appears, do her questions, if "alva" appears, do the incursions opened.

a hard mechanic is betrayals leagues "syndicate", but this is well to much for now if you did not play for such a long time i think ^^

... hope i could help a little ^^

This post was edited by 0x00 on Jan 4 2019 03:06pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Add Reply New Topic