d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Hearthstone > How To Buy More Cards?
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,748.00
Jan 1 2019 01:53pm
Hi.
I'm looking for the most efficient way to build my collection of viable decks.
My collection is worth ~$1,500 at this moment but when I look for the meta decks to play with I can only build a few, otherwise, I always miss some cards.
I haven't been playing for years so I'm constantly on 0 dust. I want to keep experimenting and improving by playing different meta decks but I don't have the cards.
I don't mind spending some cash as I've already spent a few hundred $$$ on the game. But I'm wondering, what's the most efficient way to grow my collection? I mostly care about having cards that are useful in the meta.
Gold: 19,201.25
Jan 3 2019 04:01am
How to improve your gold making(which leads to more cards).
To improve questing. Which will over the longrun earn you extra gold.
To grind. The best way of making gold but may take a toll on your moral.
Gold: 2,748.00
Jan 3 2019 04:19am
Quote (nevah @ Jan 3 2019 05:01am)
How to improve your gold making(which leads to more cards).
To improve questing. Which will over the longrun earn you extra gold.
To grind. The best way of making gold but may take a toll on your moral.

So here's the deal, basically:
I want to build meta decks. I don't mind spending some $ once in a while (not often than $70 once a month). I'm wondering which packs to get. Also, I imagine it's OK to disenchant useless cards (duplicates obviously but also bad legendaries) - but I may run into the problem of crafting the same legendaries I disenchanted because they were bad.
Gold: 19,201.25
Jan 3 2019 03:04pm
Use the money to buy all pre-orders. Disenchant every useless card. If you never play Wild, then disenchant those cards aswell. Use whatever time you have to grind gold, if you have the moral for it. If you don’t maximize your questing then start doing that.
Gold: 2,662.00
Jan 4 2019 12:06pm
I never disenchant unless I absolutely have to (which I haven't had to do yet). The theory for that is if a card is ever buffed or nerfed, I can take advantage of that and mass disenchant the nerfed/buffed card for lots of dust compared to just disenchanting dups on the spot.

I also dislike disenchanting bad legends because it means you can open them again effectively making your pity timer for legends wasted (or 1/4'd).

Additionally some legends that are deemed useless eventually become solid in the meta (or get a better understanding). I think the best example of this was King Krush who, until cube hunter became a thing, was deemed to be absolutely worthless and a disenchant on the spot for many people only to have them end up later recrafting.

Gold: 16,697.00
Jan 4 2019 05:44pm
Spend money,

Spend forum gold on Quests

Play non ranked games with a face deck and lol @ the noobs.

either way use a face deck. Of course the expensive controllie fun as fuck op gg 3 hours 1 match decks don't get you coinage quickly -.-

Quote (Hannibal-Lector @ 4 Jan 2019 14:06)
I never disenchant unless I absolutely have to (which I haven't had to do yet). The theory for that is if a card is ever buffed or nerfed, I can take advantage of that and mass disenchant the nerfed/buffed card for lots of dust compared to just disenchanting dups on the spot.

I also dislike disenchanting bad legends because it means you can open them again effectively making your pity timer for legends wasted (or 1/4'd).

Additionally some legends that are deemed useless eventually become solid in the meta (or get a better understanding). I think the best example of this was King Krush who, until cube hunter became a thing, was deemed to be absolutely worthless and a disenchant on the spot for many people only to have them end up later recrafting.

guilty....

in fact I was posting early december how King Krush got me to Legend, and a posted a couple hearthstone puzzles with KK involved
Gold: 0.01
Mar 26 2019 02:20am
Quote (Grigo @ Jan 1 2019 02:53pm)
Hi.
I'm looking for the most efficient way to build my collection of viable decks.
My collection is worth ~$1,500 at this moment but when I look for the meta decks to play with I can only build a few, otherwise, I always miss some cards.
I haven't been playing for years so I'm constantly on 0 dust. I want to keep experimenting and improving by playing different meta decks but I don't have the cards.
I don't mind spending some cash as I've already spent a few hundred $$$ on the game. But I'm wondering, what's the most efficient way to grow my collection? I mostly care about having cards that are useful in the meta.

How'd you estimate $1500?

Easy way to get dust: go to the search filter and type "extra" without the quotes of course. If you truly have that many cards, this feature is often overlooked and extremely useful.

Example: If you have 1 golden common card, "Silence" and 2 regular common cards "Silence", you can choose to play with golden or just a playable deck. This will net you 5 or 40 dust respectively while still having the maximum number of playable cards. The disenchant feature does not apply this function.

Another way to get dust is to try and limit your play to every 2-3 days rerolling quests until they become higher quality. Try and get to at least rank 15 every season to get a golden card that you can possibly disenchant - you can go higher but this rank is the highest value for time spent playing.

If you're going to disenchant bad legends, do it in a block you're not actively buying packs in so you don't get it again.

Don't ever craft common or rare cards. Ever. Don't do it.

and if you find yourself somehow afloat after all this....try and save as many copies of cards as possible -- they may go under a rework later and you will get full disenchant value back!

I play "casually", and the only card I'm missing is Elite Tauren Chieftain (because he was given out golden at a Blizzcon and I refuse to craft it like a noob without it being gold) and have probably 400+ golden cards

This post was edited by GucciMane420 on Mar 26 2019 02:22am
Gold: 9,034.44
Mar 26 2019 04:25am
Ok, here's the drop on pack gathering.
Only reroll your 50 gold quests, even neglect a 50 gold quest to roll it the next day.
You only have to log in once every 3 days(if quest log is empty).
Complete all quests, this seems obvious, but it's still a staple.
Be sure to get your free pack from the tavern brawl.
Don't buy a single pack at a time, save your gold for weeks and stack your packs they give/you've earned.
Complete the solo adventures, worth a few hours to get some packs...
When deciding on packs, stick with one set. Once you've collected the abundance of the set each pack is worth a minimum of 40 dust.
In the search bar, if you type the tier of the gem(common,rare,epic,legendary) it will filter this way, allowing easy mass dusting.
Also, idk if you care about gold, but I only craft gold, so it let's me know to never disenchant.

Hope this was helpful

Cheers
Gold: 0.00
Mar 26 2019 11:06am
amazon coins get you the biggest bang for your buck. disguised toast made a guide for it
Go Back To Hearthstone Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Topic New Poll