d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Football & Rugby > Official Off Season Topic > Fired Coaches, Hired Coaches, Etc
Prev11314151617187Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 66.01
Feb 14 2019 03:55pm
Quote (SquirtAndSkirt @ Feb 14 2019 04:36pm)
Foles is hands down better than Bortles, which isn't saying much but it's still an upgrade

I do believe he'll go back to shitting the bed once he gets his big pay day though.

People forget about the rams version of Foles.

Foles was good in the Eagles system the Jags do not have any position players and they're going to end up cutting Fournette or trading him.
Gold: 59,215.34
Feb 14 2019 04:21pm
someone help me understand why Foles is gonna get a big payday
Gold: 14,700.00
Feb 14 2019 04:22pm
Quote (Terps @ Feb 14 2019 01:17pm)
Foles is not good, and his pay to performance ratio is going to be awful. God help whoever trades for him.

At least it'll be a quick couple of years before he's cut and the team who has him can then start their rebuild.

If I was the jags, I'd just save some money and roll with Bortles. Foles isn't going to improve the position enough to justify the dead cap from Bortles and the added expense of Foles. Use that money to extend some of these defensive contracts or acquire some skill position players who don't suck.

It's literally nothing more than assumptions and speculation that the Jags have "mutual interest"... There's zero sources with any info about it, literally the only reason people are trying to "connect the dots" is because of the OC we hired... You even read the article about it? It's a joke. Nothing but assumptions..

The Jacksonville Jaguars played their hand in their pursuit of Nick Foles by hiring John DeFilippo as offensive coordinator last month. Turns out, Foles may be persuaded to join his former coach in Jacksonville as well.

After the Joe Flacco trade to the Denver Broncos Wednesday, NFL Network's Mike Garafolo discussed what the market would be for Foles with Denver no longer a player for his services. Not much has changed because of Foles and the Jaguars having "mutual interest."

"My understanding was Denver has done a little bit of work on Foles, but not a lot of work," Garafolo said. "It was a fallback plan should the Joe Flacco situation not work out for them. I really didn't see them as an aggressive suitor for them. Now everyone is making the connection to Jacksonville for Foles and it's an obvious one.

"I do believe there's interest there and there is going to be mutual interest. That's the key. Some of these other places that are going to open up for Nick Foles, I don't know if he's going to have a lot of interest in those spots. I do believe Denver would have been intriguing for him because it's a roster with a good amount of talent and a good situation, but that was not going to be reciprocated by Denver.

"I don't see a great impact on Nick Foles. Had the Broncos been a reasonable destination for him, that would have probably been viewed as a bonus on his end. People are talking about Miami as a possibility, I just don't see that as a possibility for Nick Foles right now.

"It looks like destination Jacksonville because the Eagles certainly don't want to make sure he winds up in the division."

DeFilippo will call the plays in Jacksonville, which already plays into the team's hands of attempting to sign or trade for Foles. Easy to see why Foles would be interested considering his relationship with his former coach.

DeFilippo took Foles to unprecedented heights in 2017, culminating with Foles winning Super Bowl MVP honors before he departed to the Minnesota Vikings for an opportunity to call plays as their offensive coordinator.

What a ride for the Philadelphia Eagles. A lot of changes are coming this offseason. Make sure to keep following along through this huge free agent period— take five seconds to sign up for our FREE Eagles newsletter now!

The Jaguars have two third-round picks in the draft and need a quarterback, one year after the Blake Bortles experiment failed and the team went from an AFC Championship game appearance in 2017 to a losing record the next season. Philadelphia is reportedly seeking a third-round pick for Foles.

The Eagles can not complete a trade with Foles until the new league year begins (when the trade becomes official), taking $25 million off the books. Philadelphia would have to clear that amount of cap space before completing the trade, making dealing Foles even more difficult. The Eagles would be around $23 million over the cap if they franchise Foles.

Remember, the Eagles can franchise tag Foles from February 19 to March 5 and rescind it at any time if Foles doesn't sign the tag. Foles could file a grievance with the NFLPA if he chooses to, but that's null and void if he signs the tag.

The Eagles could negotiate a trade with Foles and work out a destination with him. Foles could than sign a new contract with the team he's traded to, should the Eagles wish to do so.

The Jaguars appear set on getting Foles, meaning that plays into the Eagles' hand if they wish to tag and trade him. Or the Eagles could just let Foles go there in free agency.

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/Article/Nick-Foles-Eagles-Jaguars-mutual-interest--129069821/?fbclid=IwAR33Ce3NwU_dwgEY9pRq8oB8V5pX8X8pqEKJefEXuSfppozHPwEIc3JUldA
Gold: 59,215.34
Feb 14 2019 05:00pm
Quote (Hako @ Feb 14 2019 06:22pm)
It's literally nothing more than assumptions and speculation that the Jags have "mutual interest"... There's zero sources with any info about it, literally the only reason people are trying to "connect the dots" is because of the OC we hired... You even read the article about it? It's a joke. Nothing but assumptions..

https://247sports.com/nfl/jacksonville-jaguars/Article/Nick-Foles-Eagles-Jaguars-mutual-interest--129069821/?fbclid=IwAR33Ce3NwU_dwgEY9pRq8oB8V5pX8X8pqEKJefEXuSfppozHPwEIc3JUldA

Would you prefer Foles or Bortles?

Maybe they have potara ear rings and it will create Fortles
Gold: 14,700.00
Feb 14 2019 05:08pm
Quote (Flopps @ Feb 14 2019 03:00pm)
Would you prefer Foles or Bortles?

Maybe they have potara ear rings and it will create Fortles

I'd prefer Haskins..

But I'd much rather have Bortles over giving up a draft pick and paying Foles $25m+ a year to be an average at best QB. Dude isn't any good and then you'd have over $40m in 2019 cap space tied up on 2 QBs. All while already being at the bottom of the league in 2019 cap space to begin with.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 15 2019 09:28am
Broncos have notified LB Brandon Marshall that they are most likely not going to exercise his option and he will be a free agent on March 13, per source. One more LB to the free-agent mix.
Feb 15 2019 01:32pm
https://nfltraderumors.co/colin-kaepernick-nfl-resolve-collusion-grievance/

Kaepernick knew he was fucked by turning down the AAF

Antonio Brown
@AB84

Organizations got the fans tricked

Apparently meeting with Steelers owner soon
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Feb 15 2019 01:35pm
Quote (SquirtAndSkirt @ Feb 15 2019 03:32pm)
[URL=https://nfltraderumors.co/colin-kaepernick-nfl-resolve-collusion-grievance/]https://nfltraderumors.co/colin-kaepernick-nfl-resolve-collusion-grievance/[/URL]

Kaepernick knew he was fucked by turning down the AAF

Antonio Brown
@AB84

Organizations got the fans tricked

Apparently meeting with Steelers owner soon

Sounds like a win for Kaep, NFL paid him out?
Feb 15 2019 01:36pm
Quote (AmineA @ Feb 15 2019 02:35pm)
Sounds like a win for Kaep, NFL paid him out?

Sounds like whatever they agreed to is confidential so probably. Hopefully he finally moves on.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 80%
Feb 15 2019 01:37pm
Quote (SquirtAndSkirt @ Feb 15 2019 03:36pm)
Sounds like whatever they agreed to is confidential so probably. Hopefully he finally moves on.

If it means wer e done hearing about this shit thats a good thing i guess
Go Back To Football & Rugby Topic List
Prev11314151617187Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll