d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster >
Poll > Beard > Summon Based Druid
Prev1234522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 0.95
Dec 30 2018 10:53pm
Reskilled - Considering the theory that spirit wolves is a wasteful skill usage..

So now i have these skills maxed:
Grizzly
Dire wolves
Heart of wolverine

Single point in:
Lycanthropy
Werewolf
Werebear
Maul
Shockwave

4 Saved skill points and counting...
I dont prefer the fireclaws route hobbes went, maybe just push points into lycanthropy for life/duration?
Dont see anyhting that could add more damage ATM

Gold: 190.50
Dec 30 2018 11:04pm
Quote (15bucks @ 30 Dec 2018 21:53)
Reskilled - Considering the theory that spirit wolves is a wasteful skill usage..

So now i have these skills maxed:
Grizzly
Dire wolves
Heart of wolverine

Single point in:
Lycanthropy
Werewolf
Werebear
Maul
Shockwave

4 Saved skill points and counting...
I dont prefer the fireclaws route hobbes went, maybe just push points into lycanthropy for life/duration?
Dont see anyhting that could add more damage ATM

Yeah after how/grizz/dire wolves you're pretty well maxed out on summon damage. You just need an A5 Lawbringer merc now and you're good to go ^_^ Shockwave at 10 second stun length is really nice too
Dec 30 2018 11:12pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Dec 31 2018 01:04am)
Yeah after how/grizz/dire wolves you're pretty well maxed out on summon damage. You just need an A5 Lawbringer merc now and you're good to go ^_^ Shockwave at 10 second stun length is really nice too

Does the higher the skill give a better chance of stunning the champs/uniques by a chance?
Seemed like if i shockwaved champs at the same time my helpers were attacking they would catch the stun BUT if i tried just shockwave alone it done nothing..
Is there a point u went straight bear over 3 dire wolves in normal battles?

Thanks for all the info and input of best place for skills!!!

This post was edited by 15bucks on Dec 30 2018 11:13pm
Dec 30 2018 11:21pm
Quote (15bucks @ 30 Dec 2018 22:12)
Does the higher the skill give a better chance of stunning the champs/uniques by a chance?
Seemed like if i shockwaved champs at the same time my helpers were attacking they would catch the stun BUT if i tried just shockwave alone it done nothing..
Is there a point u went straight bear over 3 dire wolves in normal battles?

Thanks for all the info and input of best place for skills!!!

A.) Not that I know of, but Shockwave can be blocked so sometimes you have to spam it at a group before they are all stunned due to blocks. Lister's pack seemed especially "difficult" to stun (it was still easy though). As far as I know, a higher skill level only increases stun length, but this is a very useful and welcome increase, doesn't take many points to hit the maximum of 10 seconds either. Hobbes just needs 1 more SS GC to hit 10 second stun cap with just 1 pt base! :drool:

B.) Yeah, there was, but I forget when. I'm pretty sure that in NM I used Dire Wolves for all general gameplay and Grizzly for bosses, but then in hell the wolves weren't really keeping up anymore so I went Grizzly + merc + Shockwave. In the later acts of p8 hell, it's really your merc stacked with CB that is doing most of the damage. Grizzly still does nice damage, it's just too slow to take on huge packs. It's nice to have an attack yourself too, so you can apply CB strikes to stubborn champs/bosses. That's one of the reasons I chose FC as a secondary skill, because it has a MASSIVE ar% bonus so I would be able to hit stuff without dedicating any gear to hit chance/ar. I really don't know where your skills should go after how/grizz/dire/10 second shockwave... Interested to see what you choose :thumbsup:

Lastly, no, thank you! You are bringing back my passion for Hobbes and making me want to play him again haha. We'll see! Good luck, will be really fun to watch Hell Act 1 and onwards :drool:
Dec 30 2018 11:31pm
Quote (Belarathon @ Dec 31 2018 01:21am)
A.) Not that I know of, but Shockwave can be blocked so sometimes you have to spam it at a group before they are all stunned due to blocks. Lister's pack seemed especially "difficult" to stun (it was still easy though). As far as I know, a higher skill level only increases stun length, but this is a very useful and welcome increase, doesn't take many points to hit the maximum of 10 seconds either. Hobbes just needs 1 more SS GC to hit 10 second stun cap with just 1 pt base! :drool:

B.) Yeah, there was, but I forget when. I'm pretty sure that in NM I used Dire Wolves for all general gameplay and Grizzly for bosses, but then in hell the wolves weren't really keeping up anymore so I went Grizzly + merc + Shockwave. In the later acts of p8 hell, it's really your merc stacked with CB that is doing most of the damage. Grizzly still does nice damage, it's just too slow to take on huge packs. It's nice to have an attack yourself too, so you can apply CB strikes to stubborn champs/bosses. That's one of the reasons I chose FC as a secondary skill, because it has a MASSIVE ar% bonus so I would be able to hit stuff without dedicating any gear to hit chance/ar. I really don't know where your skills should go after how/grizz/dire/10 second shockwave... Interested to see what you choose :thumbsup:

Lastly, no, thank you! You are bringing back my passion for Hobbes and making me want to play him again haha. We'll see! Good luck, will be really fun to watch Hell Act 1 and onwards :drool:

Will be late before i make it to 10 second stun unless i add points.. But i hope i have some luck like u had with all of those mephy finds. My problem is that i can't handle the grind very long...

Bladebuckle, nice temp for the FHR

And from a (body) chest <-- cant think of the name of them, lol

171 ED (resis 22,27,37)
Dec 30 2018 11:36pm
Quote (15bucks @ 30 Dec 2018 22:31)
Will be late before i make it to 10 second stun unless i add points.. But i hope i have some luck like u had with all of those mephy finds. My problem is that i can't handle the grind very long...
https://i.imgur.com/RQlWfpI.jpg
Bladebuckle, nice temp for the FHR
https://i.imgur.com/vI4LKtm.jpg
And from a (body) chest <-- cant think of the name of them, lol
https://i.imgur.com/H2rrRDo.jpg
171 ED (resis 22,27,37)

True haha I think I ran NM Meph for like a few weeks straight with 400+ MF at many hours per day :rofl: It was my first jsp WT so I had a lot of ambition
Dec 31 2018 02:00am

Dec 31 2018 02:01am

Dec 31 2018 02:04am

Level 66-68 from first 4 crafted ammies, forgot the minimum for +skill ammys but level 69 now... Still rolling with a +1 druid/GF Amulet
Gold: 6.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 31 2018 03:18am
That Anya Visio pelt is without doubt one of the best, if not the best reward item on normal I have ever seen
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234522Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll