d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Jobs In The It Field
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 56.30
Dec 27 2018 09:52am
Hey all,

Im looking for some information and insight on what might be available.
Im about one year in on my bachelor's in IT with a focus on web development and design.

Im wondering:

1. Anyone know of anywhere hiring entry level with minimal experience in the IT field?

2. Any places that allow you to work from home, even partially from home? (Not required but nice, and ofc I assume most places have you stay on location before you get to work from home).

3. Any decent side jobs or part time jobs that can be done from home?

Where to start? Any help is helpful :)

Gold: 3,804.50
Dec 27 2018 04:50pm
are you looking for jobs now (ie with only 1 year of college)? or are you thinking about after you graduate?

Quote (bodierox @ Dec 27 2018 10:52am)

1. Anyone know of anywhere hiring entry level with minimal experience in the IT field?

the big companies all do (microsoft, facebook, amazon, etc), but usually have a more algorithm/data structure (CS) focus to their interviews. your college probably has job postings near you. my friends and i got jobs after graduating without any issues.

2. Any places that allow you to work from home, even partially from home? (Not required but nice, and ofc I assume most places have you stay on location before you get to work from home).

i imagine many companies do, but if you need a specific example, comcast. i knew someone who worked at comcast and she described it as the opposite of amazon; customers hate it but employees loved it. my coworkers came from at&t years ago and there was a lot of remote jobs, but i can't speak for it now.

if you wanna put in the leg work looking for clients, i imagine there are a lot of freelance projects you can do. look around at small businesses in the area (veterinarians, donut shops, etc) and offer to build them a web site.
Gold: 0.00
Feb 14 2019 03:32am
Quote (bodierox @ Dec 27 2018 07:52am)
Hey all,

Im looking for some information and insight on what might be available.
Im about one year in on my bachelor's in IT with a focus on web development and design.

Im wondering:

Where to start? Any help is helpful :)

IT is different than web development which is somewhat similar to software engineering depending on what you're talking about
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll