d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Muting Update?! > Yeah I Know...
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 79,063.18
Dec 14 2018 08:20am
Quote (iToons @ Dec 14 2018 09:13am)
What about this compromise

Magic item + Magic item = rare essence

So, it would take the total number of stats combined and roll an essence to equal the number of stats. Obviously would be capped at the maximum number of stats.

This way, you can get better essences, but you would still have to find the items.

Catch, after an essence is made, you cannot combine essences, just items as a way to hopefully prevent too many items flooding the market.

Would be too easy... Angelics (+4) are pretty easy to come by... and then you can combine them in to Godly (+8)? Seems way OP

I’ll agree essence magical stat loss sucks a lot, but it’s there for a reason. Just like the insta fail for glyphs or continuing to catch low tiers of fish.

I like bobs idea though about low level items still yielding reduced muting XP. Otherwise he is right it’s a waste to do. And they won’t strip essences to boost sufficing
Gold: 20,492.75
Dec 14 2018 08:35am
Quote (hasteful @ Dec 14 2018 09:20am)
Would be too easy... Angelics (+4) are pretty easy to come by... and then you can combine them in to Godly (+8)? Seems way OP

I’ll agree essence magical stat loss sucks a lot, but it’s there for a reason. Just like the insta fail for glyphs or continuing to catch low tiers of fish.

I like bobs idea though about low level items still yielding reduced muting XP. Otherwise he is right it’s a waste to do. And they won’t strip essences to boost sufficing

How is my idea OP but yet Bob here is muting Tier I items and mashing out muting points to mute lvl 55 items later on... seems legit
Gold: 79,063.18
Dec 14 2018 08:52am
Quote (iToons @ Dec 14 2018 09:35am)
How is my idea OP but yet Bob here is muting Tier I items and mashing out muting points to mute lvl 55 items later on... seems legit

The ability to make guaranteed godly plus seems OP

Diminishing returns?
If you need to mute 55s for xp right now it could be like this.
Tier - XP
Xiv 100%
Xiii 80%
Xii 60%
Xi 40%
X 20%
IX 15%
Viii 10%
Vii 5%
Vi 3%
V 3%
Iv 2%
Iii 1%
Ii 1%
I 1%
Gold: 2,303.00
Warn: 30%
Dec 14 2018 10:16am
Quote (iToons @ Dec 14 2018 12:35pm)

Obviously if you were getting 1 prof per tier 1 you muted it would be more worth it to get 50 prof from muting a lvl 20 let's say, don't you think? To get the same amount of prof you'd have to pick up and mute 50 separate items which is very tiring vs just 1 item and hold the mouse down. I'm not sure where my suggestion is bad. If you can mute lvl 45 items and minimum muting is lvl 40s, why would you ever mute anything lower if you're not getting proficiency that will eventually take you to muting level 55s?

Well back in the day muters muted everything. 15s, 40s, 55s, whatever was on the marketplace to mute. All I'm saying is it would bring more diversity into the items produced via muting and would benefit everyone. If a top muter got, let's say 5 proficiency for muting a lvl 30 item it wouldn't feel like such a waste of 4 minutes because at least you got a little bit of proficiency.

If my minimum is glyphing lvl 15s then doing 10s should either be much faster/easier because I'm already past it, or I should still get some proficiency for putting in the 30-45 seconds it takes to glyph anything.

I find it AMAZING how all the non-skillers have such strong opinions but aren't willing to put in the time to the game. People skilling benefits the entire community. That's more glyphs for sale and being used in climbs, more fish and more items being made over time which makes climbs go faster. Why do people complain about bad clickers and slow climbs but aren't willing to accept changes that would counteract this. The Irony is strong.

This post was edited by Bob888 on Dec 14 2018 10:19am
Gold: 24,303.85
Dec 14 2018 10:28am
Quote (hasteful @ 14 Dec 2018 15:20)

if you mute +4 and +4 you'll get a chance of getting a +5 not +8.
Only one magical level above.

Quote (izParagonzi @ 14 Dec 2018 03:03)
Don't know much about Muting, but wouldn't this negate essences?
Could I assume that all muters would just mute 2x Angelics items (no essence need) to have a chance to get Mythical?
With the added increase of dropped items, this would make it a lot easier for muters?

If so, I understand the point of it, but I think it is overpowered, so vote is no.

EDIT: otherwise... Beer.

You're Right so Doug suggestion should be less OP:
Quote (iToons @ 14 Dec 2018 15:13)
What about this compromise

Magic item + Magic item = rare essence

So, it would take the total number of stats combined and roll an essence to equal the number of stats. Obviously would be capped at the maximum number of stats.

This way, you can get better essences, but you would still have to find the items.

Catch, after an essence is made, you cannot combine essences, just items as a way to hopefully prevent too many items flooding the market.

It takes out 2 Items from the game whit a chance to get a Rare Essence.

This post was edited by SuioMdl on Dec 14 2018 10:30am
Gold: 248,047.40
Dec 14 2018 11:17pm
Quote (LabattBlue @ 14 Dec 2018 07:13)
Yes he will.
I vote yes, why not
Sup!

definitely will :( another HC great bites the dust :(

Voted no BUT would support merging essences in the same manner as described.

My question would be would the merging follow this pattern?

magic + magic = rare
rare + rare = mystical
mystical + mystical = angelic
etc..

or this one?

magic + magic = rare
rare + magic = mystical
rare + rare = angelic
etc...

Both would really make this skill much more easily raised. You would have a use for all those magic ess and also a guaranteed way to make high ess that normally would not be available. I think for the sake of keeping things fair it should follow model number 1 otherwise muters would get such an unbelievable advantage over everyone else. Could you imagine spending a day or two merging all your essences into a nice big stack of unique ess? Not really fair to be able to roll unique items at will...

Magic ess required to make unique ess:

Model 1 = 12 magic ess per 1 unique ess
Model 2 = 2048 magic ess per 1 unique ess

Mind you model 2 seems daunting at first but this gets much more realistic if you break it down other ways than magic.

1024 rares to 1 unique
512 mysticals to 1 unique
256 angelics to 1 unique
128 mythicals to 1 unique
64 arcane to 1 unique
etc

or maybe a more realistic example would be making arcanes as unques would truly be just to show off.

64 magics make an arcane
32 rares make an arcane
16 mysticals make an arcane
etc

This would give your magic ess more value and you would probably be gaining prof from each merge unless its too low for your level.

This post was edited by Cheeya on Dec 14 2018 11:30pm
Gold: 20,492.75
Dec 15 2018 11:41am
Quote (hasteful @ Dec 14 2018 09:20am)

Getting a guaranteed essence would not make my idea OP. There are too many things left to chance in this game that by allowing someone who spent countless hours skilling raising their skill leave to get some barely slight advantage over other people is in my opinion more than fair. What would be OP is if those essence would give guaranteed stats, which the absolutely do not, already seen by the tens of thousands of essences already muted and yielded on a couple of dozen godly items. So, the RNG seen there is already over the top against the player.

Quote (Bob888 @ Dec 14 2018 11:16am)
Obviously if you were getting 1 prof per tier 1 you muted it would be more worth it to get 50 prof from muting a lvl 20 let's say, don't you think? To get the same amount of prof you'd have to pick up and mute 50 separate items which is very tiring vs just 1 item and hold the mouse down. I'm not sure where my suggestion is bad. If you can mute lvl 45 items and minimum muting is lvl 40s, why would you ever mute anything lower if you're not getting proficiency that will eventually take you to muting level 55s?

Well back in the day muters muted everything. 15s, 40s, 55s, whatever was on the marketplace to mute. All I'm saying is it would bring more diversity into the items produced via muting and would benefit everyone. If a top muter got, let's say 5 proficiency for muting a lvl 30 item it wouldn't feel like such a waste of 4 minutes because at least you got a little bit of proficiency.

If my minimum is glyphing lvl 15s then doing 10s should either be much faster/easier because I'm already past it, or I should still get some proficiency for putting in the 30-45 seconds it takes to glyph anything.

I find it AMAZING how all the non-skillers have such strong opinions but aren't willing to put in the time to the game. People skilling benefits the entire community. That's more glyphs for sale and being used in climbs, more fish and more items being made over time which makes climbs go faster. Why do people complain about bad clickers and slow climbs but aren't willing to accept changes that would counteract this. The Irony is strong.

I do see what you guys mean about the diminishing returns, which would work. If this game had some minor tweaking it could be changed from a dismal repetitive game.

I find it AMAZING how people who have more time to waste and have higher skill cant see the crazy amount of time needed to be devoted to this game to actually achieve anything close to being worth while. I mean shit, you can spend 100+ Hours of transmuting and still only be able to mute the lower tier of items. The time to reward ratio of this game is absolutely no where near it needs to be. If you can completed a doctoral degree by the time if takes you get half the skill level to in a game...maybe it should be reevaluated.
Gold: 19,021.03
Dec 15 2018 09:47pm
would completely vote yes to both other ideas in topic:
magic item + magic item = rare essence
rare item + rare item = mystical essence
etc

Or

magic essence + magic essence = rare essence
rare essence + rare essence = mystical essence
etc

I can totally see the amount of time devoted into the game it needs to upgrade skilling, this is why I haven't done it. But based on what it was before the update, it's better to move further away from what it was than bring it closer. The opening post idea imo moves it closer to what it was. I've certainly muted items when it was easy to do and had some decent results, It's worth doing if you can find the time to do it for sure! (unless everyone starts doing it and then there's too much competition for it lol)

both the other ideas i can get on board with though, both make sense and if it's useful for you, go for it.

Saying this, is even 16 magic essences worth it to get 1x angelic? I personally would rather reroll something 16 times.

I would also agree that the speed in getting proficiency in skilling should be looked at.
Gold: 1,084.46
Dec 15 2018 11:09pm
voted no

I would like to see upgradable essence, though.

To the discussion on gaining proficiency, I would rather see these 2 changes:

Make the minimum required go up more slowly, so lower items don't get phased out so soon;
Greatly reduce the time needed to skill lower items, once they no longer give prof.

It doesn't make any sense to me how long it takes to mute/glyph items that you have out-skilled long ago.
Gold: 105,555.55
Dec 16 2018 10:59am
I really liked the initial idea of having instant rerolls for everybody and it would require muting ranks to make these essences
I'm really sad it didn't make it into the game
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll