d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development >
Poll > What Do You Guy$ Pay For Hosting? > Just A Small Investigation
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 4,707.16
Dec 16 2018 05:12pm
Quote (ium @ Dec 16 2018 07:10pm)
haha, thats awesome! I'm a bit jelous :P I know that email services are rly painfull ^^

the most diffcult part for email services are SSL, honestly so they dnt get marked spammed. but if u setup everything correctly on server and ur dns should be no problem as long as ur IP/domain is flagged

also recommend always do a tad research on reviews most companies will only show the good reviews on their website. google "company" reviews "year" and you can usually find some shit to help you decide on pros/cons.

lowendbox has alot of reviews of alot of companies.

This post was edited by CyberGod on Dec 16 2018 05:16pm
Gold: 992.66
Trader: Trusted
Dec 16 2018 05:18pm
Quote (CyberGod @ Dec 17 2018 12:12am)
the most diffcult part for email services are SSL, honestly so they dnt get marked spammed. but if u setup everything correctly on server and ur dns should be no problem as long as ur IP/domain is flagged

Well yeah for sure! But then you need a tech-guy everytime something isn't working :P

How long did it take you to get this smart?
Dec 16 2018 06:16pm
Quote (ium @ Dec 16 2018 07:18pm)
Well yeah for sure! But then you need a tech-guy everytime something isn't working :P

How long did it take you to get this smart?

google :D
Dec 17 2018 06:36am
Quote (CyberGod @ Dec 17 2018 01:16am)
google :D

haha! How about I take your home number? then I can call when the server crashes x)) :thumbsup:
Gold: 1,939.50
Dec 17 2018 05:54pm
Quote (CyberGod @ Dec 16 2018 06:12pm)

also recommend always do a tad research on reviews most companies will only show the good reviews on their website. google "company" reviews "year" and you can usually find some shit to help you decide on pros/cons.

lowendbox has alot of reviews of alot of companies.

The most difficult part of mail servers imo is securing them. There are so many out there that can be hacked with public exploits and because of this I don't think they should be run on the same hardware as your server. Also, once set up they are rarely if ever updated. This is a large reason as to why they're vulnerable. I'd suggest getting your emails through gmail. They allow you to create free email addresses for domains you own so you can have name@yourdomain.com and google handles hosting, updating, everything. This comes free with your domain name.
Dec 17 2018 05:55pm
Quote (waraholic @ Dec 17 2018 07:54pm)
The most difficult part of mail servers imo is securing them. There are so many out there that can be hacked with public exploits and because of this I don't think they should be run on the same hardware as your server. Also, once set up they are rarely if ever updated. This is a large reason as to why they're vulnerable. I'd suggest getting your emails through gmail. They allow you to create free email addresses for domains you own so you can have name@yourdomain.com and google handles hosting, updating, everything. This comes free with your domain name.

?? just get f2b, ezpz and always make sure your updated
Dec 17 2018 06:05pm
Quote (waraholic @ Dec 18 2018 12:54am)

Actually, this is my number #1 fear, that the server could get hacked. I wouldn't even realize it was hacked, if it was... ;P

Btw, Don't you need a grandfathered google account for a free email service?
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll