d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > Current Build > Miata
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Dec 14 2018 10:05pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Dec 14 2018 04:46pm)
The OP then stated AutoX. SCCA has two rules when it comes to tires. One of the rules is you cannot modify wheel wells for street class cars. Obviously they is in street class with that car. They are not running a 275 or larger on a Miata without modifying the wheel wells :rofl: It sounds like the OP is talking out his/her ass to sound like they know more than they do. I'm paid for a living to make cars faster, I'm well aware of all the various forms of racing and what goes along with them.

You do this on every single topic. As long as I have seen the thread open it has shown the grip spec or whatever the fuck it is. He only used autox as an example of what it is close to, not saying that is what it is.

All I am saying is your keyboard warrior and just another random who thinks he's "fast" and knowledgeable lol
Gold: 167.80
Dec 14 2018 10:26pm
I do it on any topic with misguided information. "grip spec" isn't even a thing. Nobody calls any type of race "grip spec". That even proves nobody has any idea what they are talking about. I'm a keyboard warrior? I'm being 100% respectful to everybody in this topic. This is literally my life. I have a nitrous ls swapped '92 Camaro and the fastest stock turbo Volkswagen CC in the USA. I wouldn't call either "fast". Fast is relative. Most people here probably thinks 9s and 10s are fast. I don't. It's also what I do at work every day. But let me guess, you work at Taco Bell and read a lot of forums so you know more? :rofl: This is why people in the world stay dumb. They want to pretend to know everything instead of accepting help and information from people they know more.

This post was edited by kurisutofa on Dec 14 2018 10:29pm
Dec 14 2018 10:51pm
Quote (kurisutofa @ Dec 14 2018 09:26pm)
I do it on any topic with misguided information. "grip spec" isn't even a thing. Nobody calls any type of race "grip spec". That even proves nobody has any idea what they are talking about. I'm a keyboard warrior? I'm being 100% respectful to everybody in this topic. This is literally my life. I have a nitrous ls swapped '92 Camaro and the fastest stock turbo Volkswagen CC in the USA. I wouldn't call either "fast". Fast is relative. Most people here probably thinks 9s and 10s are fast. I don't. It's also what I do at work every day. But let me guess, you work at Taco Bell and read a lot of forums so you know more? :rofl: This is why people in the world stay dumb. They want to pretend to know everything instead of accepting help and information from people they know more.

This is exactly what I am talking about. You make assumptions that other people don't know what they are talking about and assume you are correct at all times.

Attempting to brag about having the fastest turbo volkswagen (probably not true, and difficult to quantify) and a generic swap Camaro doesn't mean anything. What each person does for work each day doesn't mean shit either, I could work at Taco Bell or I could be a doctor - you don't know.

I am saying you're insecure.

t4t
Dec 14 2018 10:58pm
Quote (SirGay @ Dec 14 2018 11:51pm)
This is exactly what I am talking about. You make assumptions that other people don't know what they are talking about and assume you are correct at all times.

Attempting to brag about having the fastest turbo volkswagen (probably not true, and difficult to quantify) and a generic swap Camaro doesn't mean anything. What each person does for work each day doesn't mean shit either, I could work at Taco Bell or I could be a doctor - you don't know.

I am saying you're insecure.

t4t

Things are always easy to verify. Not exactly bragging about a car that does 12.8 and 112. It's as fast as a stock 1998 Camaro. :rofl: A generic swap is generic because it works. I'm correct because I don't presume to guess things and believe everything I read online. I know from experience. If I wasn't good at making cars faster I wouldn't have a job in that field. Not like there's a shortage of performance companies and tuners out there. I'd be let go very quick. If people we right they wouldn't say "grip spec grip track" to describe their racing. They wouldn't tell somebody to use "275 hoosiers" in a street spec car. They wouldn't say "it's sorta like autox". They say that 'cause they don't really do racing. They take back roads and think they are Mario Andretti in their stock 150hp car. The amount of stupidity I've seen people discuss in this forum about anything automotive is insane. I don't get why people try to pretend to know stuff. Being ignorant and willing to learn is a lot better than speaking stupidity and looking like a moron.
Dec 15 2018 12:00am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Dec 14 2018 09:58pm)
Things are always easy to verify. Not exactly bragging about a car that does 12.8 and 112. It's as fast as a stock 1998 Camaro. :rofl: A generic swap is generic because it works. I'm correct because I don't presume to guess things and believe everything I read online. I know from experience. If I wasn't good at making cars faster I wouldn't have a job in that field. Not like there's a shortage of performance companies and tuners out there. I'd be let go very quick. If people we right they wouldn't say "grip spec grip track" to describe their racing. They wouldn't tell somebody to use "275 hoosiers" in a street spec car. They wouldn't say "it's sorta like autox". They say that 'cause they don't really do racing. They take back roads and think they are Mario Andretti in their stock 150hp car. The amount of stupidity I've seen people discuss in this forum about anything automotive is insane. I don't get why people try to pretend to know stuff. Being ignorant and willing to learn is a lot better than speaking stupidity and looking like a moron.

What I am trying to say is try to teach people, instead of bashing them down. You might be more knowledgeable then them, and if you are you should help them out.
Dec 21 2018 01:04am
:huh: you guys can’t read or something? Anyways vw is cool, they own Porsche.
Dec 21 2018 07:01pm
Quote (oFrost @ Dec 21 2018 02:04am)
:huh: you guys can’t read or something? Anyways vw is cool, they own Porsche.

Along with Lamborghini, Bugatti and a dozen other brands.
Gold: 137.01
Dec 23 2018 07:18am
Why not just build it for Spec Miata.

I have no idea where you race that has "tire classes"

For a Miata it's basically any tire that'll fit a 7" wheel. (With the stipulation of the treadwear not being under 200)
Dec 23 2018 08:20pm
Quote (Touhou @ Dec 23 2018 08:18am)
Why not just build it for Spec Miata.

I have no idea where you race that has "tire classes"

For a Miata it's basically any tire that'll fit a 7" wheel. (With the stipulation of the treadwear not being under 200)

I've tried to figure that out, a bunch of people just wanted to argue about it. But yes, pretty much exactly what I want thinking.
Gold: 137.01
Dec 24 2018 06:44am
Quote (kurisutofa @ Dec 23 2018 07:20pm)
I've tried to figure that out, a bunch of people just wanted to argue about it. But yes, pretty much exactly what I want thinking.

I didn’t even read the thread until now. I’m baffled that people have zero understanding of Motorsports.
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Prev12345Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll