d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Convert To Hardcore? > Opinions
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 10.00
Dec 14 2018 02:03pm
eheh maybe next char don't rush and build up on the way :P hard but fun
Gold: 82,830.00
Dec 14 2018 02:05pm
one thing for HC, don't just only have 1 char.
lvl multiples. otherwise if it dies you got nothing left.
Gold: 0.00
Dec 14 2018 02:07pm
Quote (ProMeTheus112 @ Dec 14 2018 02:03pm)
eheh maybe next char don't rush and build up on the way :P hard but fun

I didnt rush. I spent the last 2 days walkin norm n nm lol. Joined a game for baal quest but thats really it. My issue is i literally just need a 3os hammer so i can make black rune word then i can progress forward. I countess ran a bunch in norm n nm to build my armor helm n shield.

Just found water walks earlier, gloves are life stealers i found. The carvers in hell in the moore are a chellenge though lol.. i just gotta farm a better wep.

Already at 63/75/75/66 resist all. About 2200 life. Not doin too bad
Dec 14 2018 02:11pm
Quote (ftang @ Dec 14 2018 02:05pm)
one thing for HC, don't just only have 1 char.
lvl multiples. otherwise if it dies you got nothing left.

Yea i should make a mule atleast for sure cuz all i collect is runes n gems at the moment but my damn stash is to the brim full... i progress so slowly that i doubt my barb will doe, not to say he wont, but hes durable AF.

Idk i should make some mules just to keep valuables i dont use but havin never even touched HC its definitly sparked a new love for d2... shits actually somewhat challenging lol
Gold: 82,830.00
Dec 14 2018 02:37pm
not just mule, u should always have mules to hoard items.
but I am saying you should lvl another char as well, in parallel with your main char (barb in your case).
in case your barb dies u still have some other char to play and say rush your remake barb etc.
otherwise if you only have 1 char and it dies, u will probably just quit.
I have been there before.
Dec 18 2018 03:12am
Honestly once you play hardcore, you wont play anything else.
Diablo 3 has it's moments for losing your character due to dc (10 second leave time ftl) although the instant dc of D2 is golden.

Playstyle is a bit more different and there is nothing like surviving a fight with a sliver of health and going to your room to change to a different set of pants. (Honestly it's hapened.)

Also, if you have a weak heart I wouldn't recommend playing Hc as there are definitely moments where you test your might and see new limits of what you can do.
The more you play the better feel for the game and what you want out of it gets.

There are also different tips as people have mentioned, i'll try to list a few of mine

1) Mules are your best friend,
2) YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE CHARACTERS -- Build your first character, and once you can farm a decent level (Normally NM Meph or Baal), Make a second Character. The first I usually go for is Summon nec, Sorc, or Pally. Something that can move into Hell farming easier. If one character dies, you aren't left restarting and just left rebuilding what you lost.
3) You will have lots more gear hoarded as gear is a lot harder to come by. You will find yourself using things you wouldn't normally use, although this adds more dynamic to the game. (Different runewords for example)
4) Currently I have four acounts, although only two that I actually play on (With 5 cd keys multiboxing.) I have all my mules organized as Runes, Gems, Charms, MercArmour, etc. Helps finding things easier.

Finally,
PLAY DEFENSIVELY.

If you dont feel you can do something, wait till you can find a friend to do it with. That way if you die, one of you usually lives (Very rare to have multiple rips). That way you can at least save your gear when you die. Your charms and stash may be lost but PLAY BUDDIES ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND [/]

Honestly though, quit Sc and play Hc. Give it an honest go and you'll find yourself loving the challenge and a lot more dynamic to the game.

Oh, I had to add. The community in games (Lower Levels ESPECIALLY) Is absolutely fantastic. There are a few people who will hostile but honestly, everyone tends to get along and help each other. Love it.

This post was edited by aauussttiinn on Dec 18 2018 03:13am
Gold: 7,570.00
Dec 21 2018 08:24pm
Please stay on your NL Softcore realm
Dec 21 2018 08:25pm
Quote (AymRocOner @ Dec 21 2018 08:24pm)
Please stay on your NL Softcore realm

Please go away creepy person who has an odd obsession with asians
Gold: 7,570.00
Dec 21 2018 08:27pm
Quote (urfmodeislife @ 22 Dec 2018 04:25)
Please go away creepy person who has an odd obsession with asians

Fun fact
You know me
I don't know you

:bonk:
Gold: 3,392.60
Jan 1 2019 10:09pm
Quote (aauussttiinn @ Dec 18 2018 05:12am)
Honestly once you play hardcore, you wont play anything else.
Diablo 3 has it's moments for losing your character due to dc (10 second leave time ftl) although the instant dc of D2 is golden.

Playstyle is a bit more different and there is nothing like surviving a fight with a sliver of health and going to your room to change to a different set of pants. (Honestly it's hapened.)

Also, if you have a weak heart I wouldn't recommend playing Hc as there are definitely moments where you test your might and see new limits of what you can do.
The more you play the better feel for the game and what you want out of it gets.

There are also different tips as people have mentioned, i'll try to list a few of mine

1) Mules are your best friend,
2) YOU MUST HAVE MULTIPLE CHARACTERS -- Build your first character, and once you can farm a decent level (Normally NM Meph or Baal), Make a second Character. The first I usually go for is Summon nec, Sorc, or Pally. Something that can move into Hell farming easier. If one character dies, you aren't left restarting and just left rebuilding what you lost.
3) You will have lots more gear hoarded as gear is a lot harder to come by. You will find yourself using things you wouldn't normally use, although this adds more dynamic to the game. (Different runewords for example)
4) Currently I have four acounts, although only two that I actually play on (With 5 cd keys multiboxing.) I have all my mules organized as Runes, Gems, Charms, MercArmour, etc. Helps finding things easier.

Finally,
PLAY DEFENSIVELY.

If you dont feel you can do something, wait till you can find a friend to do it with. That way if you die, one of you usually lives (Very rare to have multiple rips). That way you can at least save your gear when you die. Your charms and stash may be lost but PLAY BUDDIES ARE YOUR BEST FRIEND [/]

Honestly though, quit Sc and play Hc. Give it an honest go and you'll find yourself loving the challenge and a lot more dynamic to the game.

Oh, I had to add. The community in games (Lower Levels ESPECIALLY) Is absolutely fantastic. There are a few people who will hostile but honestly, everyone tends to get along and help each other. Love it.

I vouch this.
Go Back To Diablo 2 Discussion Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll