d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > FPS & Battle Royale > Fortnite > Account Hacked And Locked Help
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Dec 10 2018 10:11pm
So I made a complaint that somehow my VR bucks were being used, so I changed my password and all the usual. Support finally contacted me when I was asking for a refund and they locked out my account writing and requesting this:

"Hello XXXXX,

I am sorry to confirm this, but it does look like the account has been compromised. Do not worry as we will be able to get this sorted out for you. First, we need to verify ownership of the account through the following questions. Please try to provide and answer to ALL of the questions with SPECIFIC dates. If you are struggling where you can find some of it, do tell and I will lead you in the right direction.

We need you to please provide the following information:
• Your public IP address(es) (IPv4), which you can find by searching "What is my IP address" in your internet browser; if you use multiple devices, please include all IP addresses
• Date when you created your Epic Games account
• An invoice ID for any Epic Games purchase you made on the account (the Invoice ID begins with an "A," followed by 8 digits; example: A12345678)
• Locations (city, state/province) where you made purchases on the account
• Original display name for the account
• Last 4 digits of the first payment card used on the account
• Date of your last login
• Names of any PlayStation, Switch, Twitch, or Xbox accounts connected to your Epic Games account and the dates when they were connected

We're serious about player security, so if we're unable to verify you own the account, we won't be able to make any changes.

Best Regards,"

They are asking for some very specific information and some stuff I'm not as comfortable with giving. I saw someone else on the Epic games forum asked the same question I'm asking where the support team sent them an email with the same questions.

TL;DR - is this info really necessary? Has anyone been through this before? I've never gone through this much when I've had an account compromised.
Gold: 95.50
Dec 10 2018 10:39pm
Quote (Mattd90 @ Dec 10 2018 11:11pm)
So I made a complaint that somehow my VR bucks were being used, so I changed my password and all the usual. Support finally contacted me when I was asking for a refund and they locked out my account writing and requesting this:

"Hello XXXXX,

I am sorry to confirm this, but it does look like the account has been compromised. Do not worry as we will be able to get this sorted out for you. First, we need to verify ownership of the account through the following questions. Please try to provide and answer to ALL of the questions with SPECIFIC dates. If you are struggling where you can find some of it, do tell and I will lead you in the right direction.

We need you to please provide the following information:
• Your public IP address(es) (IPv4), which you can find by searching "What is my IP address" in your internet browser; if you use multiple devices, please include all IP addresses
• Date when you created your Epic Games account
• An invoice ID for any Epic Games purchase you made on the account (the Invoice ID begins with an "A," followed by 8 digits; example: A12345678)
• Locations (city, state/province) where you made purchases on the account
• Original display name for the account
• Last 4 digits of the first payment card used on the account
• Date of your last login
• Names of any PlayStation, Switch, Twitch, or Xbox accounts connected to your Epic Games account and the dates when they were connected

We're serious about player security, so if we're unable to verify you own the account, we won't be able to make any changes.

Best Regards,"

They are asking for some very specific information and some stuff I'm not as comfortable with giving. I saw someone else on the Epic games forum asked the same question I'm asking where the support team sent them an email with the same questions.

TL;DR - is this info really necessary? Has anyone been through this before? I've never gone through this much when I've had an account compromised.

So here is the thing, regardless of whether you think its 'too much info' or not, you will not get this resolved without supplying all the stuff they want.
Only advice I can give is answer the questions the best that you can so they will unlock your account.
TBH you just sound like someone who bought an account and doesn't actually know the info.

You should have just enabled 2fa and been on your way but now you probably screwed yourself lmao
Gold: 285.00
Dec 10 2018 10:47pm
Quote (Bayonet @ Dec 10 2018 11:39pm)
So here is the thing, regardless of whether you think its 'too much info' or not, you will not get this resolved without supplying all the stuff they want.
Only advice I can give is answer the questions the best that you can so they will unlock your account.
TBH you just sound like someone who bought an account and doesn't actually know the info.

You should have just enabled 2fa and been on your way but now you probably screwed yourself lmao

A lot of it just seems unnecessary and hard to gather.
I downloaded this game when it became free on PSN last year, so sometime in December 2017. I made maybe 1 or 2 purchases on the account, but it was through PSN, not Epic Games.

Also when I started seeing my V Bucks being spent, I changed my password and signed up for 2fa. The problem has occurred since then, but what I did do since then was email support asking for a refund since whoever used my v bucks, used all my refunds also. Now my account is locked because it is somehow compromised, which doesn't make sense to me now that I've changed my password and have 2fa.
Go Back To Fortnite Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Service New Price Check New Topic New Poll