Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 58.70
Dec 8 2018 11:51am
the winner is god of war

god of war is good. but i think red dead redemption 2 should of won it
Gold: 0.00
Warn: 10%
Dec 9 2018 12:59pm
Honestly while RDR2 is a great game it has so many small things that add up to making it more annoying than anything. God of War deserved the win over it.
Gold: 8,355.04
Dec 11 2018 08:52am
Quote (MizzouFTW @ Dec 9 2018 02:59pm)
Honestly while RDR2 is a great game it has so many small things that add up to making it more annoying than anything. God of War deserved the win over it.

I agree I’m really happy god of war won, it deserved it

Really though I would have been fine if god of war, Spider-Man, or rdr won. All were great
Gold: 3,267.50
Dec 11 2018 04:40pm
Quote (Flameyes @ Dec 11 2018 10:52am)
I agree I’m really happy god of war won, it deserved it

Really though I would have been fine if god of war, Spider-Man, or rdr won. All were great

spider man is way to short to be considered game of the year

thats only my opinion tho
Gold: 250.00
Dec 12 2018 05:28pm
Quote (vaiav @ Dec 11 2018 03:40pm)
spider man is way to short to be considered game of the year

thats only my opinion tho

It took me 20 hours to Plat Spider-Man lol.... It was a lot of fun, but it has fuck all on GoW or RDR2. GoW deserves the win without question imo. Like others have said, both were great games, but RDR2 had a lot of issues that could make for a rather painful experience at times. While GoW had less overall content, the quality of the content was exceptional and it played perfect. There were no problems with the game, it was ridiculously smooth, the combat was amazing, the story was amazing, the end-game bonuses/challenges were fucking amazing and the added level of difficulty with God of War mode gave try hards like myself a reason to go hard as hell with this game.

I put 100 hours into both RDR2 and GoW, I did two 100% completion runs on GoW, one on hard and one on GoW mode and I believe I'm sitting around 92% completion on RDR2. I love both these games, they're both easily in my top 5 of the past 5 years, but the edge goes to GoW in terms of which is the better overall product from start to finish. RDR2 had more content and will have more longevity if it's online aspect does even half as well as GTA V did, but pound for pound, GoW was the better game imo.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 12 2018 05:29pm
Gold: 3,267.50
Dec 12 2018 09:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 12 2018 07:28pm)
It took me 20 hours to Plat Spider-Man lol.... It was a lot of fun, but it has fuck all on GoW or RDR2. GoW deserves the win without question imo. Like others have said, both were great games, but RDR2 had a lot of issues that could make for a rather painful experience at times. While GoW had less overall content, the quality of the content was exceptional and it played perfect. There were no problems with the game, it was ridiculously smooth, the combat was amazing, the story was amazing, the end-game bonuses/challenges were fucking amazing and the added level of difficulty with God of War mode gave try hards like myself a reason to go hard as hell with this game.

I put 100 hours into both RDR2 and GoW, I did two 100% completion runs on GoW, one on hard and one on GoW mode and I believe I'm sitting around 92% completion on RDR2. I love both these games, they're both easily in my top 5 of the past 5 years, but the edge goes to GoW in terms of which is the better overall product from start to finish. RDR2 had more content and will have more longevity if it's online aspect does even half as well as GTA V did, but pound for pound, GoW was the better game imo.

personaly game of last 5year is ark for me

i love this game so much i have a shit ton of hour of gameplay so far... and have alot to come with the new dlc
Gold: 0.01
Dec 13 2018 01:12am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 12 2018 07:28pm)

Normally I agree with most the shit you say jade, so I won't give ya a hard time.

I went terrorist and switched to xbox and I'm just curious why you think GoW should've taken it over rdr2.

Never played GoW
Dec 13 2018 01:57am
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Dec 13 2018 12:12am)
Normally I agree with most the shit you say jade, so I won't give ya a hard time.

I went terrorist and switched to xbox and I'm just curious why you think GoW should've taken it over rdr2.

Never played GoW

Felt like I was pretty thorough with my reasoning, but I'll clarify a bit.

While both games are amazing and they're easily the #1 and #2 for 2018, GoW was the more perfect game. RDR2 has more content, it has more longevity/replay-ability with it's soon to be finished online component, but it has A LOT of glitchy/annoying issues, while GoW has nothing wrong it. GoW plays beautifully from start to finish, it's smooth, it's entertaining, it's challenging, it's a legit cinematic masterpiece and their dedication to the one shot approach throughout makes the whole experience so much more immersive and impressive than any other game in recent memory. I absolutely loved RDR2, but the game has problems. You need to have played both to understand and I know that people (gamers especially) are some fickle mother fuckers, and it's ALWAYS the "What have you done for me lately?" mentality, but GoW 100% deserves the award imo and it been launched on both Xbox/Ps4 like RDR2, people wouldn't be questioning it.

Seriously though, if you haven't had the chance to play GoW, look into how they made the entire game look like it was done in a single shot... It's fucking insane that they were able to pull it off with how much shit there is in this game and the end-game content was :drool: . Killing the valk queen on GoW difficulty was one of the more satisfying experiences I've had in recent memory.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 13 2018 02:01am
Gold: 0.01
Dec 13 2018 02:03am
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Dec 13 2018 03:57am)
Felt like I was pretty thorough with my reasoning, but I'll clarify a bit.

While both games are amazing and they're easily the #1 and #2 for 2018, GoW was the more perfect game. RDR2 has more content, it has more longevity/replay-ability with it's soon to be finished online component, but it has A LOT of glitchy/annoying issues, while GoW has nothing wrong it. GoW plays beautifully from start to finish, it's smooth, it's entertaining, it's challenging, it's a legit cinematic masterpiece and their dedication to the one shot approach throughout makes the whole experience feel so much more immersive and impressive that it's fucking insane. I absolutely loved RDR2, but the game has problems. You need to have played both to understand and I know that people (gamers especially) are some fickle mother fuckers, and it's ALWAYS the "What have you done for me lately?" mentality, but GoW 100% deserves the award imo and it been launched on both Xbox/Ps4 like RDR2, people wouldn't be questioning it.

More thorough and and I'll take your word on it. Seems like I need to dust off my ps4 and buy GoW.

I normally skip stories in games but I very much enjoyed rdr1s story.

/e ya I'll check it out man for sure

This post was edited by Ruthless187g on Dec 13 2018 02:05am
Dec 13 2018 02:05am
Quote (Ruthless187g @ Dec 13 2018 01:03am)
More thorough and and I'll take your word on it. Seems like I need to dust off my ps4 and buy GoW.

I normally skip stories in games but I very much enjoyed rdr1s story.

RDR1 and 2 were both phenomenal, but I can't imagine anyone could play GoW and not be sucked into the story at least a little bit. I'm telling you man, it's ridiculous. If you're someone* who enjoys a more challenging approach, throw it on God of War difficulty, but know it's going to piss you off from time to time. It's not a Dark Souls feel, but the valks, and the Queen especially do have that feel to them on GoW difficulty.

E; Lmk if you do end up dusting off the PS4 and playing it man, I'm curious to hear your opinion on it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Dec 13 2018 02:05am
Go Back To Sony Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll