d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Starting My Ls Journey > Help & Advice
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,063.00
Dec 6 2018 02:27pm
Hey, so thought i would start playing LS to pass sometime and make some fg for fun. Few questions:
Is there an updated guide?
What is a good build to start my LS journey with?
What are some things to spend some fg on to speed up progression and make some fg?
Any other advice is very much appreciated! Thanks!
Dec 6 2018 02:58pm
Wow, Nevermind i found all my questions answered here https://forums.d2jsp.org/topic.php?t=57524636&f=74 and he keeps it updated. Thank you!
I was researching but didnt notice he updates the guide until i looked at the last page.
Gold: 31,200.10
Dec 7 2018 12:21pm
the *making some fg* part.

not exactly the place for it, gonna have to spend a lot first and maybe make a small fraction back, if youre lucky.

just saying, youd have better luck with D2 reset, which happens today.

Gold: 55,601.85
Dec 7 2018 04:15pm
Quote (subwolf22 @ Dec 7 2018 10:21am)
the *making some fg* part.

not exactly the place for it, gonna have to spend a lot first and maybe make a small fraction back, if youre lucky.

just saying, youd have better luck with D2 reset, which happens today.

Disagree about not making fg here....I’m prof of that since ladder slasher is the only game I ever played here. As for reset making more fg, just like this game, it’s all about luck! There are items on ladder slasher worth over 100k fg! I don’t think there is any new diablo item worth that much. But...I could be wrong....
Gold: 13,266.28
Dec 10 2018 12:18pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Dec 7 2018 10:15pm)
Disagree about not making fg here....I’m prof of that since ladder slasher is the only game I ever played here. As for reset making more fg, just like this game, it’s all about luck! There are items on ladder slasher worth over 100k fg! I don’t think there is any new diablo item worth that much. But...I could be wrong....

it's about as likely as getting a diablo drop worth 100k. I believe a set of throwing javelins or some form of barb helm have hit some numbers like that a bunch of years back although maybe not these days given the amount of imports.
But at a reset you can do countess runs in NM and sell the runes at 1-5 fg each constantly to make a good 200-300 reasonably fast. Getting that number in LS is going to take longer unless you get lucky (i.e a well map)

Back to LS:

If you need any help on gear suggestions i can give them.

Noticed you started with a guardian, these can be a nuisance as they only use clubs/heavy weapons and only use heal charms and only use chainmail/platemail.
This just makes the items to get you through much more specific.
Can work though as clubs are the second cheapest weapon. (excluding using charms as "weapons" i.e casters), limiting armours to two types isn't too much of an inconvenience although limiting your charms to only heals isn't ideal.
Also their abilities arn't very good for solo play.

You will not need to spend much to easily rush through the first 20 levels. Making an investment of 20 fg will give you an idea whether or not you'll like to play around with LS or not.

Specifically you'll want:
weapon: tier III with 40+ enhanced effect
armor: the one you have is fine till level 10
charm: + 10-15 strength (try and get roughly the ratios that were posted in the guide)
secondary charm: not even worth getting. the side mods will not work, try putting a +50 life charm here, you'll notice max hp doesn't rise.

you can get the charm and weapon for 1 fg each.

to not limit yourself i'm going to suggest changing to a barb for the following reasons:
Better abilities than fighter (as you're more likely to be solo, barb has more flexible abillities whilst fighter is better in a group where the lack of flexibility matters less) specifically knockdown better than bottomsup/topsmash whilst retribution will build up at a similar speed to powerstrike. The third ability should be powerstrike (hitting 1 target is good for your first climb as you are limited to only fighting to mobs at a time till you reach level 71)
Not as limited in gear as a guardian as barbs can use 2 more common weapon types, all armors and all charms. (you can just reroll your guardian which puts all the items on your guardian automatically on a barb or you can make a new character, find a piece of random chainmail/platemail and equip it and then transfer your current to the barbarian)

Given you've taken my advice or decided to go for a fighter this is the search you should do:

Change tier to III in both boxes,
attribute: select enhanced effect (works like enhanced damage on weapons in diablo) type in 35 (or 30 if there isn't any for 1 fg)
Tick only items i can use.

Search,
The club i highlighted was up for 1 fg at time of posting which would be ideal.

As i said before, your current armor is fine.
Charm i would recommend searching for strength and the amount of 10 or more. Buy the most you can get for 1 fg.

When you reach level 10, do the same search but with tier V to V instead of III to III, buy an upgrade for all weapon armor and charm. all 3 should be available at 1 fg each. If not i've probably got some lying around.

To clarify what you can get in LS which is worth FG and a rough timescale:
First 30 minutes: (level 1-15)
3-4 map drops, if these have +1 (or more) wells, then thats a few hundred fg, obviously rare otherwise lots of people would be doing lots of level 1-20 runs, which i believe 1 or 2 people actually do.
There's a few other stats on maps which can give value, specifically +x% GP and +6 or more Evil Presences
Tier III items with 6 or more stats, i'd suggest you'd find 1-5 by the time you hit level 15. These should sell for 1 fg each.
If you locate a well, you can sell that also (be sure to press "f" to bring up group whilst standing on the well, then create a group with +100 levels when you find a buyer, making the group in town loses the well). May get 5-10 fg, reasonably common at these levels from my experience. You'll have to use the forums to try and sell it in the ls trade.
Comfreys are a drop which can potentially sell for 1 fg if they have +500 or more life or mana.

30 mins to 2 hours (level 15-25)
Things will be significantly tougher unless you invest 20-50+ fg into gear. but level 25 from buying items at 1 fg should be very doable in 2 hours.
1 map drop (maps take longer to explore now)
Several Tier III or higher items with 6 or more stats should begin to drop.
very small chance of finding a decent item
tier IX items begin to drop . There is a few players who buy IX (level 30) or X (level 35) items which have 2 stats or more for 1 fg. These will drop every now and then when you hit level 23+
"white" items start becoming valuable to sell also (items with no stats with tier VI or higher), VI, VII = 1 fg each, VIII = 2 fg, IX: 3-5 fg, these will probably be your main source of fg gain.

If you reach this far i'll continue with an idea of prices. Specifically the items with no stats are still likely to be your biggest earners. a Tier XIV which can be found at level 53 and higher sells for more than 50 fg and arn't that uncommon.
As an example, this is one i put up for sale for 25 fg, someone purchased then resold it for 41 fg (kinda annoying but whatevs): https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220686499&c=0 and a XIV: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220687186&c=0
When you reach level 71, you can join Ruthless to gain 50 fg when you click master quest. Other guilds may give you other offers also. Ruthless gives the largest simple fg that i've seen recently.

Also should you reach level 25, i can sell you a few pieces of gear for 1 fg and should you buy them i will refund those fg's too.
Should other new players find this topic, you're welcome to pm me about anything.

Good luck!
Dec 10 2018 12:34pm
Quote (mclarke @ Dec 10 2018 10:18am)
it's about as likely as getting a diablo drop worth 100k. I believe a set of throwing javelins or some form of barb helm have hit some numbers like that a bunch of years back although maybe not these days given the amount of imports.
But at a reset you can do countess runs in NM and sell the runes at 1-5 fg each constantly to make a good 200-300 reasonably fast. Getting that number in LS is going to take longer unless you get lucky (i.e a well map)

Back to LS:

If you need any help on gear suggestions i can give them.

Noticed you started with a guardian, these can be a nuisance as they only use clubs/heavy weapons and only use heal charms and only use chainmail/platemail.
This just makes the items to get you through much more specific.
Can work though as clubs are the second cheapest weapon. (excluding using charms as "weapons" i.e casters), limiting armours to two types isn't too much of an inconvenience although limiting your charms to only heals isn't ideal.
Also their abilities arn't very good for solo play.

You will not need to spend much to easily rush through the first 20 levels. Making an investment of 20 fg will give you an idea whether or not you'll like to play around with LS or not.

Specifically you'll want:
weapon: tier III with 40+ enhanced effect
armor: the one you have is fine till level 10
charm: + 10-15 strength (try and get roughly the ratios that were posted in the guide)
secondary charm: not even worth getting. the side mods will not work, try putting a +50 life charm here, you'll notice max hp doesn't rise.

you can get the charm and weapon for 1 fg each.

to not limit yourself i'm going to suggest changing to a barb for the following reasons:
Better abilities than fighter (as you're more likely to be solo, barb has more flexible abillities whilst fighter is better in a group where the lack of flexibility matters less) specifically knockdown better than bottomsup/topsmash whilst retribution will build up at a similar speed to powerstrike. The third ability should be powerstrike (hitting 1 target is good for your first climb as you are limited to only fighting to mobs at a time till you reach level 71)
Not as limited in gear as a guardian as barbs can use 2 more common weapon types, all armors and all charms. (you can just reroll your guardian which puts all the items on your guardian automatically on a barb or you can make a new character, find a piece of random chainmail/platemail and equip it and then transfer your current to the barbarian)

Given you've taken my advice or decided to go for a fighter this is the search you should do:
https://i.imgur.com/5l4A2U5.gif

Change tier to III in both boxes,
attribute: select enhanced effect (works like enhanced damage on weapons in diablo) type in 35 (or 30 if there isn't any for 1 fg)
Tick only items i can use.

Search,
The club i highlighted was up for 1 fg at time of posting which would be ideal.

As i said before, your current armor is fine.
Charm i would recommend searching for strength and the amount of 10 or more. Buy the most you can get for 1 fg.

When you reach level 10, do the same search but with tier V to V instead of III to III, buy an upgrade for all weapon armor and charm. all 3 should be available at 1 fg each. If not i've probably got some lying around.

To clarify what you can get in LS which is worth FG and a rough timescale:
First 30 minutes: (level 1-15)
3-4 map drops, if these have +1 (or more) wells, then thats a few hundred fg, obviously rare otherwise lots of people would be doing lots of level 1-20 runs, which i believe 1 or 2 people actually do.
There's a few other stats on maps which can give value, specifically +x% GP and +6 or more Evil Presences
Tier III items with 6 or more stats, i'd suggest you'd find 1-5 by the time you hit level 15. These should sell for 1 fg each.
If you locate a well, you can sell that also (be sure to press "f" to bring up group whilst standing on the well, then create a group with +100 levels when you find a buyer, making the group in town loses the well). May get 5-10 fg, reasonably common at these levels from my experience. You'll have to use the forums to try and sell it in the ls trade.
Comfreys are a drop which can potentially sell for 1 fg if they have +500 or more life or mana.

30 mins to 2 hours (level 15-25)
Things will be significantly tougher unless you invest 20-50+ fg into gear. but level 25 from buying items at 1 fg should be very doable in 2 hours.
1 map drop (maps take longer to explore now)
Several Tier III or higher items with 6 or more stats should begin to drop.
very small chance of finding a decent item
tier IX items begin to drop . There is a few players who buy IX (level 30) or X (level 35) items which have 2 stats or more for 1 fg. These will drop every now and then when you hit level 23+
"white" items start becoming valuable to sell also (items with no stats with tier VI or higher), VI, VII = 1 fg each, VIII = 2 fg, IX: 3-5 fg, these will probably be your main source of fg gain.

If you reach this far i'll continue with an idea of prices. Specifically the items with no stats are still likely to be your biggest earners. a Tier XIV which can be found at level 53 and higher sells for more than 50 fg and arn't that uncommon.
As an example, this is one i put up for sale for 25 fg, someone purchased then resold it for 41 fg (kinda annoying but whatevs): https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220686499&c=0 and a XIV: https://ladderslasher.d2jsp.org/itemHistory.php?i=1220687186&c=0
When you reach level 71, you can join Ruthless to gain 50 fg when you click master quest. Other guilds may give you other offers also. Ruthless gives the largest simple fg that i've seen recently.

Also should you reach level 25, i can sell you a few pieces of gear for 1 fg and should you buy them i will refund those fg's too.
Should other new players find this topic, you're welcome to pm me about anything.

Good luck!

Diablo Runes are worth 1-5 fg.....

Normal lvl 20 items - lvl 55 normal items are worth 1-60 fg and are just as easy to find
Gold: 13,266.28
Dec 10 2018 12:43pm
runes are worth that much just after a reset (which happened Friday). I used to supply runes all server round for a reasonable fg gain although moved upto hell countess once some key items dropped in price.
Runes are much easier to find seeing its much easier to gear yourself to fight countess NM than to grind in ladder slasher without using FG.

However when you start investing i would agree that with normal items and the occasional mutable sales will overtake the amount you are likely to make on d2 unless you really know what you're doing after a reset. Seeing they are here rather than in d2 tradingforums i wouldn't put them in that category just after a reset :P

As it isn't clear whether or not he wishes to continue playing to reach level 50+, my suggested item build for the cost of about 6 fg should get them to level 15 within around 30 minutes and i'm sure they can figure out the pattern in buying from the market by this point should they want to continue. If the game isn't for them then 6 fg spent isn't a big loss :D
Dec 10 2018 09:17pm
Last played 4 days ago.....and only lvl 5.....so I guess he doesn’t like it much =<
Dec 11 2018 11:29pm
Quote (CARTRACK @ Dec 10 2018 07:17pm)
Last played 4 days ago.....and only lvl 5.....so I guess he doesn’t like it much =<

i really havnt been able to get on this week. As for liking it its not a bad game. Just one thing i thought was there was going to be more people playing. tried to find a group but only one person was on and was afk lol. Also i felt i got stuck and didnt know where to go with items past my starting point and what to keep. also what mclarke said i think guardian was the wrong choice. when i was researching i saw people liked the guardian support in groups and was working towards that doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Quote (mclarke @ Dec 10 2018 10:18am)
Back to LS

Thank you so much for the info!! ill definitely work up a barb and take your advice.

Dec 12 2018 09:57am
Quote (d0tg0v @ Dec 11 2018 09:29pm)
i really havnt been able to get on this week. As for liking it its not a bad game. Just one thing i thought was there was going to be more people playing. tried to find a group but only one person was on and was afk lol. Also i felt i got stuck and didnt know where to go with items past my starting point and what to keep. also what mclarke said i think guardian was the wrong choice. when i was researching i saw people liked the guardian support in groups and was working towards that doesnt seem to be the case anymore.

Thank you so much for the info!! ill definitely work up a barb and take your advice.

If you ever get stuck...or need any advice....just ask. MOST of us are kind enough to help you....
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll