d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Pulsating Computer
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 85.00
Nov 27 2018 09:48am
Had a power surge last night. My computer refuses to turn off or on and when it gets power to it all the fans spin its sending something to speakers because they pulse aswell and all the leds are lightingnup and pulsing. Ive fixed this once b4 but dont remember what i did. It also refuses to power off via main power button or reset switch. Only way to turn power on/off is through the power supply switch on the back.

Any ideas?
Gold: 0.00
Nov 27 2018 10:45am
Try resetting cmos?
Nov 27 2018 11:41am
Quote (zell1luk @ Nov 27 2018 08:45am)
Try resetting cmos?

As it never enters a boot up im removing the cmos battwry amd plugging it back in. Im computer illiterate but really hoping this was it. I remember now last time this happend it just starting working again after awhile. Hopefully i dont fuck myself by cracking open the case

Removed bios for 15 minutes popped it back in still no bios beep. Does that mean its a refried mobo?

This post was edited by Exemplary on Nov 27 2018 12:03pm
Nov 27 2018 12:36pm
Issue has once again resolved itself. Had the case open power on making that fucked tk-tk-tk-tk-tk pulsating power sound. Dies completely all of a sudden. Hit the power button and it fires up like normal as if nothing happend. now before while the issue was happing hitting the power button or reset button did nothing. Now it works as normal so i know it wasn't a button disconnect not allowing it to reset or turn off. Does anybody know if some power supplies or any internals may have a default timer for it allows itself to properly power on incase of a surge? Im honestly at a loss for what happend, why it happend, or what exactly fixed the issue.
Shoutout to rnjesus for fixing my computer
Nov 27 2018 02:00pm
Possibly triggered over current protection, after enough failed boots, the bios reset itself. You should consider investing in a surge protector.
Nov 27 2018 02:03pm
Quote (zell1luk @ Nov 27 2018 12:00pm)
Possibly triggered over current protection, after enough failed boots, the bios reset itself. You should consider investing in a surge protector.

I have one, APC surge arrest
Gold: 381.00
Trader: Trusted
Nov 28 2018 12:26am
i have had something similar happen due to a power outage some years back. not exact symptoms though.

my pc stopped booting, seemed completely dead except for the psu light being on. i unplugged it and came back to it a few days later to try to figure it out, and it worked again...
had another power outage. same thing as before, it died.
i unplugged and replugged it in and the fans started spinning 100% when i pressed power. it still wouldn't boot and i couldn't power it down without unplugging it.
after waiting a while and trying again, it would work. if not i came back again an hour later and it likely did.

i always expected the psu, but i really don't know. i had 2 of those same pc's and monstered 1 together.
Dec 5 2018 08:26am
So today my computer finally blew i think. Middle of playing ff8 monitor craps out and it started humming like a mother fucker. I turned it off for a few minutes only to fire up and run normal. This morning ive tried to get on i get no fan spin on case/mobo/gfx card and only slight spin on psu fan. If anybody could tell me what it most likely is would like to. Get it replaced soon

Problem solved once again, cracked the case open and unplugged/replugged the PCIE coord going to the graphics card and now everything runs fine. Now it's not like there was an earthquake last night that unplugged them internally so what the fuck is going on Oo

This post was edited by Exemplary on Dec 5 2018 08:41am
Dec 5 2018 05:01pm
Quote (Exemplary @ Dec 5 2018 09:26am)
So today my computer finally blew i think. Middle of playing ff8 monitor craps out and it started humming like a mother fucker. I turned it off for a few minutes only to fire up and run normal. This morning ive tried to get on i get no fan spin on case/mobo/gfx card and only slight spin on psu fan. If anybody could tell me what it most likely is would like to. Get it replaced soon

Problem solved once again, cracked the case open and unplugged/replugged the PCIE coord going to the graphics card and now everything runs fine. Now it's not like there was an earthquake last night that unplugged them internally so what the fuck is going on Oo

You messed up when you built it? Post up a couple pics of inside your case.
Dec 5 2018 05:03pm
Quote (zell1luk @ Dec 5 2018 03:01pm)
You messed up when you built it? Post up a couple pics of inside your case.

It's possible but i had my IT buddy who builds his own comps help me put er together i'll try and upload pics later. Also if i did something wrong why would it show up 2 years later only after other issues are arising
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll