d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Cortez
Prev1454647
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 57.00
Apr 16 2019 07:30am
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Apr 2019 09:24)
From giving "lessons" on social media to older congresspeople to leaving social media in just a few short months.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/aoc-skullduggery-social-media-facebook-120249217.html

boomer drumpf is better at ignoring trolls on the facebook than woke millennial aoc
Gold: 2,489.69
Apr 16 2019 07:32am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 16 2019 07:30am)
boomer drumpf is better at ignoring trolls on the facebook than woke millennial aoc

funny how she supported her buddy when she told her Muslim constituents to "make them feel uncomfortable" then immediately both started to feel uncomfortable.
Apr 16 2019 08:01am
OH brother, this broad really doesn't understand math. or thinks her fans wont care enough to look skin deep into the issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/aoc-queens-amazon-hq-194301870.html

“My opposition was less and is less about something personal with Amazon, and it’s more about the structure of the deal,” Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., told Yahoo News’ podcast “Skullduggery” on Sunday. “A lot of people say, ‘Oh, this thing pays for itself.’ First of all … I don’t know if revenue neutral is the goal that we need right now. Secondly, 25,000 jobs at $150,000 is what was promised. Does that sound realistic?”

working off memory here, but it was a 3 billion$ tax break, on an estimated 28 billion$ tax bill, with a 25 billion$ take for the govt revenue. THEN jobs on top of that.

and her response is that this is "revenue neutral"? $25 billion in your pocket is neutral?

from comments:

Ocasio-Cortez has no clue that by helping to drive Amazon away, she did not save New York $3 billion; she cost New York $27 billion. There is a difference between having bad ideas and not grasping basic facts. Forget the 25-40K workersAmazon would have employed. Gone is the trickle down construction jobs to build the headquarters, as well as thousands of jobs created by all the small businesses — restaurants, bodegas, dry cleaners, food carts, and wine bars where AOC is better suited pouring drinks — that were preparing to open or expand to serve Amazon employees. Congrats NY you elected her!

i'm sure the casual use of the phrase trickle down won't trigger anyone here lmao :rofl:

This post was edited by thesnipa on Apr 16 2019 08:04am
Gold: 57.00
Apr 16 2019 08:14am
Quote (thesnipa @ 16 Apr 2019 10:01)
OH brother, this broad really doesn't understand math. or thinks her fans wont care enough to look skin deep into the issue.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/news/aoc-queens-amazon-hq-194301870.html

working off memory here, but it was a 3 billion$ tax break, on an estimated 28 billion$ tax bill, with a 25 billion$ take for the govt revenue. THEN jobs on top of that.

and her response is that this is "revenue neutral"? $25 billion in your pocket is neutral?

from comments:

i'm sure the casual use of the phrase trickle down won't trigger anyone here lmao :rofl:

another thing to ponder is what does this '3 billion tax break' do when it's not actively being provided to companies that will expand in the area. it sure as hell isn't going to the small business pizza shops (although it should). it just sits there. so yeah amazon 'didn't win' here, but that doesn't mean anyone else did either.
Apr 16 2019 08:22am
Quote (excellence @ Apr 16 2019 08:14am)
another thing to ponder is what does this '3 billion tax break' do when it's not actively being provided to companies that will expand in the area. it sure as hell isn't going to the small business pizza shops (although it should). it just sits there. so yeah amazon 'didn't win' here, but that doesn't mean anyone else did either.

also when Amazon invariably relocates to a more rural setting and abandons the big city idea their next ask will not include a Helipad or other infrastructure demands. then AOC and company will call this progress and claim it is due to them that this has been removed.

the picket lines had signs that said "no helipad, invest in schools". well, that 200k$ helipad just cost the schools a few billion in straight cash. i suppose if the average simpleton was capable of understanding investments they'd have IRAs instead of lottery ticket addictions and collections of "rare" cat plates.
Gold: 0.00
Apr 16 2019 02:35pm
I just can't believe the woman as a college degree in economics. Like... what the fuck am I doing with myself? Is it really that easy? lol I need to get my ass back to college. Apparently they're just giving the damn things away now days.
Gold: 260.11
Apr 16 2019 02:43pm
Quote (CarsV @ Apr 16 2019 02:35pm)
I just can't believe the woman as a college degree in economics. Like... what the fuck am I doing with myself? Is it really that easy? lol I need to get my ass back to college. Apparently they're just giving the damn things away now days.

An undergrad degree only means you have an introduction to the field. I wouldnt trust half the people from my chemistry department as chemists, endlesssky is a great example as well.

The masters graduates or higher actually, for the most part, knew what theyre doing though.
Gold: 10,655.00
Apr 17 2019 06:01am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Apr 16 2019 02:43pm)
An undergrad degree only means you have an introduction to the field. I wouldnt trust half the people from my chemistry department as chemists, endlesssky is a great example as well.

The masters graduates or higher actually, for the most part, knew what theyre doing though.

while this is true, and i can vouch in the CJ field as well, the idea that woman with an econ degree of any kind wouldn't realize that the amazon deal was a 25 billion$ increase in tax collections is either suspect to her education or honesty. the number of times she said she'd prefer to give a 3 billion$ tax break to the people of the district implies to me she was being dishonest rather than ignorant. but really the two thoughts are one in the same so who knows what on earth she was thinking. the bungling of the amazon deal could also mean she's a radical economist, someone who did the ground work in undergrad but with an agenda. we had similar types in the CJ classes, in their minds destined for law school so they can just shit on the system because they'll never be a cop or prison guard. they "learn" to pass tests, the whole time telling themselves it's false. that could be the case with her.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev1454647
Add Reply New Topic New Poll