d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Need New Anime
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Jan 8 2019 04:22am
Quote (Skrimbles @ Jan 5 2019 05:40pm)
i dunno why people give seven deadly sins such a hard time for "fan service". compared to most "ecchi" anime out there it doesn't even come close imo.

i may not be remembering correctly but i don't recall there being that much fan service aside from meliodas gabbing boobs here and there (but honestly how cliche.. how many anime do this?).

i mean honestly.. compare seven deadly sins to something like "high school of the dead" or "high school DxD" or that one where it's literally big chested anime girls fighting with their butts (dunno the name).. and it doesn't even come close.

tbh this anime was one of the few that i've seen in awhile that actually grabbed my attention and i binge watched the entire series in like two days. i'm really looking forward to the next season of it.

Both of those are unwatchable because of their overuse of fan service though? Still haven't gotten around to finishing the latest season, but the first season was okay at best. OP posted three absolutely phenomenal shows and you guys go and recommend some mediocre Netflix shit that's mostly just T&A. Try to remember what it was like when you were new to anime and there were still good shows to watch constantly, before you settled for meh stuff like Seven Deadly Sins and convinced yourself it was anything above average.
Gold: 21.78
Jan 8 2019 05:25am
All noobies to anime should see ergo proxy
Gold: 107.77
Jan 8 2019 08:26am
Deadman Wonderland
Gold: 12,935.00
Jan 8 2019 08:37am
Zero no Tsukaima
Gold: 2.00
Jan 8 2019 01:38pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Jan 8 2019 03:22am)
Both of those are unwatchable because of their overuse of fan service though? Still haven't gotten around to finishing the latest season, but the first season was okay at best. OP posted three absolutely phenomenal shows and you guys go and recommend some mediocre Netflix shit that's mostly just T&A. Try to remember what it was like when you were new to anime and there were still good shows to watch constantly, before you settled for meh stuff like Seven Deadly Sins and convinced yourself it was anything above average.

did you even read my entire post? my point was that this anime has hardly any "T&A" in it compared to most anime coming out these days. and yes the anime that OP posted are very good but that doesn't mean that newer anime are "shit" just because they aren't as mainstream as things like death note or fma that literally EVERYONE watches.
Jan 8 2019 02:39pm
Quote (Skrimbles @ Jan 8 2019 12:38pm)
did you even read my entire post? my point was that this anime has hardly any "T&A" in it compared to most anime coming out these days. and yes the anime that OP posted are very good but that doesn't mean that newer anime are "shit" just because they aren't as mainstream as things like death note or fma that literally EVERYONE watches.

It's a Netflix anime, it doesn't get much more mainstream than that :rofl: . Being mainstream has zero relevance on anything we've been talking about. I can't even imagine what kind of weak willed person allows their enjoyment to be swayed based on popularity, or lack thereof. The popularity or how mainstream a show is, is completely irrelevant to me when gauging my enjoyment and completing my internal critique. Shows, movies, games, music, theater or any other mediums of entertainment should be judged based on their own merit and nothing else. Allowing public opinion to diminish your enjoyment of something, is the same to me as proudly announcing that you're incapable of independent thought.

The bottom-line being that there is a plethora of shows worth recommending to someone over Seven Deadly Sins, it's so mediocre/bland/boring that it shouldn't even be considered for someone new to anime. You're recommending it because it's what you're currently watching, rather than spending a few minutes to come up with a list of exceptional recommendations. Bitch and moan at me all you want for my opinions about Seven Deadly Sins, but there's no possible way you or anyone out there can be dense enough to try and claim it as being a must watch for someone new to anime.

Now, this isn't even worth addressing, but I thought it was pretty fucking hilarious. You've inquired as to why a shonen/action show would be given a hard time for ecchi content while ecchi shows that are much more gratuitous are not. If an action/adventure/shonen show is constantly focusing on ecchi, it's going to receive criticism, because it's not an ecchi show. If an ecchi show focuses heavily on ecchi, it's not going to receive criticism, because it's doing exactly what it's supposed to be doing.

Was fun while it lasted, have it good one.
Gold: 2.00
Jan 11 2019 01:05am
you know, I could spend time picking through your post and proving you wrong on so many levels but there's not really much point is there? You seem like one of those people that probably won't budge either way. I looked around the anime forums and most of your posts are just you being a total dick to anyone stating an opinion about any anime you don't think is good enough. I guess I didn't realize that there was a set list of some people had to watch when starting out. the fact of the matter is.. I just tried to defend a show that was suggested that I thought was genuinely good for what it was and you came in and attacked both my character and the show repeatedly without you yourself having finished the entire show.

And you're right. There probably are better anime suggestions out there for people getting into anime.. But it's a fucking suggestion. It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to watch anything. and once again, just because it's not one of the best ones out there doesn't mean it sucks.
Gold: 21.78
Jan 11 2019 03:33am
Quote (MSX98 @ 8 Jan 2019 10:26)
Deadman Wonderland

This!
Gold: 614.00
Jan 11 2019 06:51am
Noucome. Kenichi. Toradora.
Jan 11 2019 11:11am
Quote (Skrimbles @ Jan 11 2019 12:05am)
you know, I could spend time picking through your post and proving you wrong on so many levels but there's not really much point is there?You seem like one of those people that probably won't budge either way. I looked around the anime forums and most of your posts are just you being a total dick to anyone stating an opinion about any anime you don't think is good enough. I guess I didn't realize that there was a set list of some people had to watch when starting out. the fact of the matter is.. I just tried to defend a show that was suggested that I thought was genuinely good for what it was and you came in and attacked both my character and the show repeatedly without you yourself having finished the entire show.

And you're right. There probably are better anime suggestions out there for people getting into anime.. But it's a fucking suggestion. It's not like anyone is forcing anyone to watch anything. and once again, just because it's not one of the best ones out there doesn't mean it sucks.

Sure you can.

Of course there isn't a set list that people need to watch, but there are shows that are widely considered good-great for many different genres. These shows can and should be recommended if a user shows an interest in that specific genre. I never said anything directly about you or your character, I insulted people who allow the popularity sway their opinion of it, and those types of people should be insulted. Perhaps it was an offhanded comment and if that's the case, my insults wouldn't pertain to you, would they?

Again, it's fine if you think it's a good show, but as you've acknowledged, there are plenty of better shows that should be recommended. Over sexualized cartoons with poor character development, meh plot, and boring fights (up until the last few episodes), is the type of shit that can turn someone off from a genre. It could work the other way as well, some people love that ecchi shit. I personally don't understand how anyone can think Seven Deadly Sins is above mediocre, but everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like you're entitled to get upset with me for insulting your recommendation.

Quote (Chuu @ Jan 11 2019 02:33am)
This!

One of my favorites, but it's one I've steered away from recommending to newcomers. I've had a few friends who were turned off pretty hard after watching Deadman, Claymore and/or Berserk. The lack of an ending for all three of these truly epic shows is just too much for some.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Jan 11 2019 11:13am
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev123456Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll