d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Strategy & Guides > Thoth's Hunter Druid
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 2,858.66
Oct 21 2018 10:55pm
Quote (Egardner @ Oct 21 2018 11:38pm)
Enigma would be better unless you’re clearing the entire map
Then fort would seem better for your purposes
Coh is probably one of the least optimized armors.

ive tried it with those actually, they don't work.

nigma has no damage, and no res which he needs for the many ranged and projectile elemental attacks. res is a must.
fort has the same problem. in a duel he'd need fort, but pvm you can't beat coh's 65all res, and fort lacks the 2 skill which greatly benefit his summons, bo, and elemental skills

Coh, between that and faith he gets +200% damage to demons, and +175% damage to undead +50 ar vs undead! way stronger than nigma.

also he gets the 65 res, 2 skill, rep life and more life leach, bit str, and 8% dr, most of same benefits of nigma just stronger.

Just to give you an example, with this build (coh) he can clear the trav pretty easily, won't take much damage.
With either nigma or fort, he would get destroyed (unless you recast cyclone every 2-3 seconds). nigma especially, because no res, and if you tele
into them, they will annihilate you.

This post was edited by Thoth on Oct 21 2018 11:04pm
Gold: 8.73
Oct 21 2018 11:15pm
Quote (BMar5452 @ Oct 21 2018 11:24pm)
what are some char builds u consider worse than this? (clear speed)
(real builds)

Zealots that don't use holy shock, smiters, kickers
Pretty much any bad single target build

It's also better than bowazons in certain areas
As I said earlier, it only really shines in walkthroughs or maybe sp

If you were going for an actual endgame build you would want to tweak his build to have a little more emphasis on the fissure damage + buy an enigma like a rational human
Gold: 25.40
Oct 21 2018 11:44pm
Quote (Thoth @ Oct 21 2018 11:55pm)
ive tried it with those actually, they don't work.

nigma has no damage, and no res which he needs for the many ranged and projectile elemental attacks. res is a must.
fort has the same problem. in a duel he'd need fort, but pvm you can't beat coh's 65all res, and fort lacks the 2 skill which greatly benefit his summons, bo, and elemental skills

Coh, between that and faith he gets +200% damage to demons, and +175% damage to undead +50 ar vs undead! way stronger than nigma.

also he gets the 65 res, 2 skill, rep life and more life leach, bit str, and 8% dr, most of same benefits of nigma just stronger.

Just to give you an example, with this build (coh) he can clear the trav pretty easily, won't take much damage.
With either nigma or fort, he would get destroyed (unless you recast cyclone every 2-3 seconds). nigma especially, because no res, and if you tele
into them, they will annihilate you.

If you like slow boring characters that’s your game to play.
Being able to teleport to the end game is flat out faster.

Fort would give you more damage.

Pvp i can’t speak to as i only play characters that can win duels.
Gold: 6,586.00
Oct 22 2018 12:57am
i was enjoying the idea of a fissure dru that deals less damage than a fissure dru while enjoying pew pew, unfortunately i stop'd when i read coh
Oct 22 2018 08:29am
Quote (SuperButt420 @ Oct 22 2018 12:15am)
Zealots that don't use holy shock, smiters, kickers
Pretty much any bad single target build

It's also better than bowazons in certain areas
As I said earlier, it only really shines in walkthroughs or maybe sp

If you were going for an actual endgame build you would want to tweak his build to have a little more emphasis on the fissure damage + buy an enigma like a rational human

no nigma. its not good on this char, ive tried that and fort and coh is the best, that's why I put it as the armor for this guide. feel free to try for yourself., also - fissure is 9k fire at 3 seconds,
already strong enough. overpowering fissure further will make him just another crappy fire druid with annoying cast delay problems.

Quote (Egardner @ Oct 22 2018 12:44am)
If you like slow boring characters that’s your game to play.
Being able to teleport to the end game is flat out faster.

Fort would give you more damage.

Pvp i can’t speak to as i only play characters that can win duels.

sounds like you want an hdin bot - well go get it bro. theres lots of guides for hdins, they're easy to make, you'll be able to figure it out. and no, the slight increase in damage fort does is not worth
losing the 2skill and res of coh.

Quote (attila @ Oct 22 2018 01:57am)
i was enjoying the idea of a fissure dru that deals less damage than a fissure dru while enjoying pew pew, unfortunately i stop'd when i read coh

coh is the only armor for this build, ive tried it with many other runeword, unique options and even rare options. they don't work coh is best pvm armor, this char would not survive with nigma or fort.
you should give it a try, then try fort and nigma on him and you'll see coh is better pvm by a very large margin.

again, coh gives 200% damage to demons, so for every arrow that fires at hell Baal, add 200% to the 2k bow damage, +plus 33% chance of deadly strike from highlords. with good
IAS he will fire about 2-3 arrows per second - you do the math.

this build needs coh. nigma and fort are poor options that won't work.

This post was edited by Thoth on Oct 22 2018 08:41am
Gold: 22,189.49
Oct 22 2018 09:26am
Quote (Thoth @ Oct 22 2018 08:29am)
no nigma. its not good on this char, ive tried that and fort and coh is the best, that's why I put it as the armor for this guide. feel free to try for yourself., also - fissure is 9k fire at 3 seconds,
already strong enough. overpowering fissure further will make him just another crappy fire druid with annoying cast delay problems.

Just for comparison, this is my PvP shaman on ladder which I slapped a 30/30 sword, 20/20 shield and ravenlore onto. I'd like you to compare the clear speed of a 6.8k / -75% fissure- not even with an infinity merc, just a crappy non-eth reapers, treachery & vgaze- to what plinking away with 1k arrows accomplishes. And I made sure to showcase the fire/physical druid against both fire immunes and physical immunes.

for reference that's:
Hell Temptress: 19.7k HP, 100% DR, 66% fire resist
Siren: 18k HP, 25% DR, 66% fire resist
Undead Stygian Doll 22.8k HP, 25% DR, 33% fire resist
Frozen Terror: 50.8k HP, 25% DR, 0% fire resist

taking 20 hits from fissure to kill a siren or temptress doesn't sound great.

This post was edited by Goomshill on Oct 22 2018 09:39am
Gold: 6,586.00
Oct 22 2018 09:39am
Quote (Thoth @ 22 Oct 2018 16:29)
coh is the only armor for this build, ive tried it with many other runeword, unique options and even rare options. they don't work coh is best pvm armor, this char would not survive with nigma or fort.
you should give it a try, then try fort and nigma on him and you'll see coh is better pvm by a very large margin.

again, coh gives 200% damage to demons, so for every arrow that fires at hell Baal, add 200% to the 2k bow damage, +plus 33% chance of deadly strike from highlords. with good
IAS he will fire about 2-3 arrows per second - you do the math.

this build needs coh. nigma and fort are poor options that won't work.

1) in your guide you stated 55% ias but you have 20 from gloves + 30 from head + 20 from amu = ?
2) i have doubt that you reach 2k damage with bow but that's me
3) you don't need all that ias, you're throwing away so much damage from lost skill point in eq, save something.

4) even if i could accept that coh is better for res and dealing damage to demon using your bow, i would never ever run to baal instead of teleing.

This post was edited by attila on Oct 22 2018 09:42am
Gold: 8.73
Oct 22 2018 10:37am
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 22 2018 10:26am)
Just for comparison, this is my PvP shaman on ladder which I slapped a 30/30 sword, 20/20 shield and ravenlore onto. I'd like you to compare the clear speed of a 6.8k / -75% fissure- not even with an infinity merc, just a crappy non-eth reapers, treachery & vgaze- to what plinking away with 1k arrows accomplishes. And I made sure to showcase the fire/physical druid against both fire immunes and physical immunes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIk3WNz2vZI

for reference that's:
Hell Temptress: 19.7k HP, 100% DR, 66% fire resist
Siren: 18k HP, 25% DR, 66% fire resist
Undead Stygian Doll 22.8k HP, 25% DR, 33% fire resist
Frozen Terror: 50.8k HP, 25% DR, 0% fire resist

taking 20 hits from fissure to kill a siren or temptress doesn't sound great.

Only the chosen one can do icy cellar triple damages
Oct 22 2018 02:51pm
Quote (Goomshill @ Oct 22 2018 10:26am)

Ya again, this build is about getting over those annoying cast delays a fire druid has, which imo makes the fire druid a lame build. his greatest skill is standing there.... waiting....
check the guide, the image is at the end of the gear section showing my toons stats, he does almost 2k at level 85, and that's w/o damage to demon/undead or DS modifiers. also idk where you get your numbers but he melts sirens and temptresses in 2 seconds.

Quote (attila @ Oct 22 2018 10:39am)
1) in your guide you stated 55% ias but you have 20 from gloves + 30 from head + 20 from amu = ?
2) i have doubt that you reach 2k damage with bow but that's me
3) you don't need all that ias, you're throwing away so much damage from lost skill point in eq, save something.
http://i63.tinypic.com/2nukg7o.png
4) even if i could accept that coh is better for res and dealing damage to demon using your bow, i would never ever run to baal instead of teleing.

incorrect, I did not stat that, my gear list has the potential for the 2os hat... also he does 2k bow damage before the modifiers stated above, I posted the photo of his stats it is at the end of the gear section.
my toon has 55 ias w temp gear, 20 20 and 15 jewel.

and yes, I could probably tweak the ias reqirements, I may do that as I fine tune him, thanks for the info!

and as I said, if all you want to do is bot, then no, this char is not for you. and yes - again - coh is much better, it combines the best parts of nigma and fort and deals huge pvm damage.
feel free to try all three out and see for yourself. COH is best for this druid.

This post was edited by Thoth on Oct 22 2018 02:53pm
Oct 22 2018 03:12pm
its actually funny hearing you guys cry about having to walk levels and this toon not being a teleporting hdin bot.

OH NO! you may actually have to PLAY THE GAME!!

I think you guys been botting and buying FG for too long... lost perspective about what makes d2 great... its not botting and hoarding gear

It's playing the game!! Make d2 fun again. BUILD THOTH'S HUNTER DRUID!!

Addendum: TY BLIZZARD for killing the spam-bots once and for all and making d2 playable again!!

This post was edited by Thoth on Oct 22 2018 03:15pm
Go Back To Strategy & Guides Topic List
Prev1234518Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll