d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Movies & TV Shows > Any Other Show Like Lost? > Or Cliffhangers Show
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Oct 20 2018 07:37pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Oct 20 2018 08:35pm)
House is good

If you think lost is better than westworld and those other shows you listed though... just lol

To be fair i didn't watch westworld s2 yet, is it good? I forgot about house I think I watched season 1 that could be a good watch
Gold: 92.71
Warn: 50%
Oct 20 2018 07:37pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Oct 20 2018 09:37pm)
To be fair i didn't watch westworld s2 yet, is it good? I forgot about house I think I watched season 1 that could be a good watch

Season 1 of westworld was probably the best season of a tv series ever made (imo)

Also I really enjoyed the magicians
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 20 2018 07:44pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Oct 20 2018 06:37pm)
Season 1 of westworld was probably the best season of a tv series ever made (imo)

Also I really enjoyed the magicians

True Detective season 1 >, but WW was phenomenal.

Quote (Hyperdimension @ Oct 20 2018 06:34pm)
How is hxh different from a show with 2-3 seasons planned? As far as I know, there's not really stuff in the early arcs of hxh that implies the whole story was planned from the beginning... no bullshit in hxh right? "Oh my rubber nen" lol one thing hxh did right though was to not pad the story with useless fillers like the other shonen. But the election and the boat ride are getting pretty boring, hopefully the island gets fun

So a power you don't like, or that you think is cheesy or w/e, equates to him not knowing where he's going with the show? As far as your bold goes, you're continuing to further my opinion that you haven't watched it. If you want to discredit the author's own words, then sure, I guess you're right, he has no idea what he's doing and the cohesive plot that's moved in one direction throughout the entire show clearly had no purpose.... :bonk:
Oct 20 2018 07:45pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 20 2018 09:44pm)

bonk:

Havent seen that yet, keep meaning to
Oct 20 2018 07:46pm
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Oct 20 2018 06:45pm)

WATCH IT NOW

It's soooooo good. A lot of people rag on season 2, but it too was great, it's just not nearly as good as the first season. Each season is a completely different show and season 3 is coming next year. My hype is immeasurable.
Gold: Locked
Oct 20 2018 07:49pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Oct 20 2018 08:44pm)

So a power you don't like, or that you think is cheesy or w/e, equates to him not knowing where he's going with the show? As far as your bold goes, you're continuing to further my opinion that you haven't watched it. If you want to discredit the author's own words, then sure, I guess you're right, he has no idea what he's doing and the cohesive plot that's moved in one direction throughout the entire show clearly had no purpose.... :bonk:

I didn't watch it i read it. It's not his power i dont like it's the bullshit he pulls through with it, but i wont say more since i'd spoil you if you didnt read the whole thing. I'll try true detective you're the second one mentionning it thanks!
Oct 20 2018 07:58pm
Quote (Hyperdimension @ Oct 20 2018 06:49pm)
I didn't watch it i read it. It's not his power i dont like it's the bullshit he pulls through with it, but i wont say more since i'd spoil you if you didnt read the whole thing. I'll try true detective you're the second one mentionning it thanks!

Was recommending it for Mason, you probably won't enjoy it.

I've read most of the manga. They've gone into his backstory a decent amount and his power stems from his ability to quickly adapt to anything. Bungie Gum itself has many uses, but it's not an overpowered nen ability by any means. Just the combination of its versatility mixed with his resourcefulness and his ability to adapt, is what makes it and him so OP. Again though, you disliking a single characters usage of his abilities doesn't change that the author has been working towards a singular objective and eventual conclusion to his story.

There's a MASSIVE difference between having a blueprint for your story and then filling in some pieces here and there to complete your vision, versus a story with a hook and a secret that never amounts to anything. It's always the exact same with the network shows. Here's this big thing, omg, it's sooooo big and important. Finally you find out what it is, but none of it matters, cause there's this BIGGER secret now. It just keeps pushing the same thing over and over and over, until they run out of watchable ideas. It's not a real story, it's a fucking gimmick and it ofc works, but it's terrible writing and it makes for bad TV.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Oct 20 2018 07:59pm
Gold: 0.50
Oct 21 2018 04:36am
Quote (WhoBut_WBMason @ Oct 20 2018 09:45pm)

Duuuuuuuude take tomorrow off of work, grab some popcorn and m&ms. Enjoy the fuck out of season 1 of True Detective.
Oct 21 2018 05:01am
Quote (xmarksdaspot2124 @ Oct 21 2018 06:36am)
Duuuuuuuude take tomorrow off of work, grab some popcorn and m&ms. Enjoy the fuck out of season 1 of True Detective.

Sounds fattening 😄

I'll have to watch it this week, I get 4 days off a week(ish)
Gold: 12,140.00
Oct 21 2018 01:56pm
Quote (Blah58 @ Oct 20 2018 04:07pm)
What is there to like about cliffhangers? They are an extremely bad writing tool only used when you know your story is weak. It's like saying "I know my story/writing isn't strong enough to keep people watching, so I'm going to create some question to keep them coming back instead of crafting an enjoyable story".

Obviously cliff hangers can be used to great effect, but does that do it often (like lost) lose all momentum a well planned cliff hanger could achieve.

Don't think a show with a lot of cliffhangers is automatically bad, LOST was great to start with. It was partly a mystery/fantasy show, so there are obviously going to be big, intriguing questions that the viewer wants to know.

The problem is LOST took it too far, they threw out way too many mysteries together and didn't end up explaining a lot of them. The producers of the show made up some lame excuse about how they wanted the viewer to use their imagination but really it was obvious they just didn't know what they were doing.

LOST could have been great, the producers just let it get out of control to the point of absurdity.
Go Back To Movies & TV Shows Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll