d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Does Farming Soy Cause Mental Illness?
Prev17891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 28,296.01
Oct 19 2018 06:26pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 19 2018 05:24pm)
At some point, you have to move on from the victim mentality. I've made this point before but ill make it again I guess.

Every single group at one time or another has been oppressed. For example, my 'people' were under Ottoman rule for on and off for 600 years. Before that, it was various kingdoms and other empires (Austro-Hungarian, Huns, etc). After the Ottomans, there were the Great Wars. After the Soviets took over many people were sent to gulags because of property ownership and/or Christianity. My great grandmother got her store, land, cattle taken away and shipped off to Siberia, at that time my grandmother was like 10 years old. My grandmother has told me stories about working a whole day to be able to buy a loaf of bread to feed her siblings. She's told me stories about people freezing to death or dying of starvation. My mother was actually born in Siberia and shortly after my grandparents were allowed to go back to their homeland.

So, eventually, my grandmother made it to the US and because of that, I was able to come here as a child and grow up in an amazing country which I love and which has given me opportunities to excel.

The thing is I don't look at my ancestor's sufferings as a sort of badge to be able to flash in the Oppression Olympics to get some favorable deal. I know I will never get reparations for my ancestors sufferings from the Turks, Russians or whomever, nor do I expect it. What's annoying though is since my skin is white, I'm told that I have some nebulous privilege in this country. And then an immigrant like myself sees actual privilege as some Natives have, and I wonder to my self at what point do these people just take their lives in their own hands like everyone else?

and I'll make my point once again as well

a devout Christian has no place telling a proud Lakota to get over victim mentality

no minority group in America plays the victim card as loosely as christian conservatives

Quote (SBD @ Oct 19 2018 05:23pm)
To this day you're still poisoning yourself more than anyone else at present. You can give me your speech again of how it's on your blood if you want it's a good laugh.

And not its not past that time. Guess you missed ww1, imperialism being a major factor. Command and conquer was still alive and kicking.

Sorry you got a shit roll of the dice.

We will rise

I was born addicted just like many but I've never used. It is in the blood.

the urges, the triggers, the near inability to abstain

Your view on addiction is about as closed off as your view on indigenous people

This post was edited by Beowulf on Oct 19 2018 06:39pm
Gold: 260.11
Oct 19 2018 07:15pm
:rofl:

Void telling somebody to drop the victim mentality. Brags about being persecuted by his philosophy teacher because he is asked to consider other moral systems.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Oct 19 2018 07:15pm
Gold: 107.77
Oct 19 2018 07:19pm
Quote (HeLiCaL @ Oct 19 2018 02:07pm)
How dare Trump disrespect a woman who takes dicks to the face for a living?

Oct 19 2018 07:22pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 19 2018 05:24pm)
skin is white, I'm told that I have some nebulous privilege in this country. And then an immigrant like myself sees actual privilege as some Natives have, and I wonder to my self at what point do these people just take their lives in their own hands like everyone else?

I didn't see the part about native privilege the first time around

and I did exactly that and multiple conservatives in this thread have tried to link me out of ignorance to welfare and handouts based on heritage

so even when one of us makes it out in the very way you conservatives preach it's not enough
Gold: 10,655.00
Oct 19 2018 07:54pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 08:26pm)
I was born addicted just like many but I've never used. It is in the blood.

the urges, the triggers, the near inability to abstain

Your view on addiction is about as closed off as your view on indigenous people

Then I would think it's not the white man you are upset with?

P.S. In the USA 1890 is the ancient times. That was a 130 years ago. This country is only 250 years old.

Oct 19 2018 07:58pm
Quote (Ghot @ Oct 19 2018 06:54pm)
Then I would think it's not the white man you are upset with?

P.S. In the USA 1890 is the ancient times. That was a 130 years ago. This country is only 250 years old.

I'm not upset with the white man

my issue is with conservatives that say the things they have in this thread that happen to be white
Gold: 6,351.00
Oct 19 2018 08:49pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 06:22pm)
I didn't see the part about native privilege the first time around

and I did exactly that and multiple conservatives in this thread have tried to link me out of ignorance to welfare and handouts based on heritage

so even when one of us makes it out in the very way you conservatives preach it's not enough

If you made it out stop living in the past and blaming others for your people's problems today. Go to a city like Toronto and you will see first and second generation immigrants that are successful regardless of their skin color, ethnic background, historical oppression. The more you dwell in the past, the more you expect welfare because of what happened in the past the weaker your people will be.
Gold: 2,617.52
Oct 19 2018 11:45pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 09:58pm)
I'm not upset with the white man

my issue is with conservatives that say the things they have in this thread that happen to be white

Replace white with black or any other race and realize how silly and racist you are
Gold: 285.00
Oct 20 2018 03:59am
Quote (SBD @ Oct 19 2018 07:23pm)
To this day you're still poisoning yourself more than anyone else at present. You can give me your speech again of how it's on your blood if you want it's a good laugh.

And not its not past that time. Guess you missed ww1, imperialism being a major factor. Command and conquer was still alive and kicking.

Sorry you got a shit roll of the dice.

Just like the people of Flint Michigan of poisoning themselves.

Quote (Thor123422 @ Oct 19 2018 08:15pm)

Void telling somebody to drop the victim mentality. Brags about being persecuted by his philosophy teacher because he is asked to consider other moral systems.

Being told not to think about other moral systems is what is oppressive.

Conservatives are so damn anti-academic that they'll think of any reason to pan it though.

This post was edited by Skinned on Oct 20 2018 04:01am
Oct 20 2018 05:04am
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 19 2018 07:49pm)
If you made it out stop living in the past and blaming others for your people's problems today. Go to a city like Toronto and you will see first and second generation immigrants that are successful regardless of their skin color, ethnic background, historical oppression. The more you dwell in the past, the more you expect welfare because of what happened in the past the weaker your people will be.

It's not the past. The land is still encroached upon. The water still threatened. Our women and girls still raped by white men that share with each other the legal loopholes of how to get away with it. Conservatives like those in this thread that still see us and speak of us the same way as those that committed the genocide.

Quote (EndlessSky @ Oct 19 2018 10:45pm)
Replace white with black or any other race and realize how silly and racist you are

Show me where I have ever shit on white people in poverty. Show me where I have ever been triggered into attacking poor white people randomly over political disagreements like what happened by conservatives against indigenous people in this very thread.

If I were racist I would do the above. If I were racist I would play gatekeeper and I would have gone after Warren.

I dont see you all the same. I don't see all of any group the same.

In this very thread conservatives tried to paint me as a user, abuser, and "native privileged" despite none of it being true based on their own racism and snowflakery about being conservatives.
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev17891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll