d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Does Farming Soy Cause Mental Illness?
Prev167891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll
Gold: 285.00
Oct 19 2018 04:23pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 05:19pm)
I am mixed but it's not the reason. It entirely depends on the tribe and most don't benefit much at all

and not all operate the same, each tribe will be different

some do alright and some do better than alright but overall it's a small amount

No point mate. Welfare queen is real.
Gold: 500.00
Oct 19 2018 05:23pm
Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 19 2018 04:55pm)
... so that a yes or a no? I’m talking about something relating to you heritage. Idk why you’re being so evasive.

Why are you fishing so hard for race related benefits to bash someone with while simultaneously ignoring the history of racial conflicts? the consequences of which are not sufficiently mitigated by present day handouts mind you
Gold: 28,296.69
Oct 19 2018 05:30pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 19 2018 04:23pm)
Why are you fishing so hard for race related benefits to bash someone with while simultaneously ignoring the history of racial conflicts? the consequences of which are not sufficiently mitigated by present day handouts mind you

just how people are

first they justify the genocide

then they minimize it by blaming disease

then they tell us we are scum for being addicts, addictions forced upon us

then they tell us to pick ourselves up

then they kick those of us that made it out and pretend like we succeeded only with the help of the same system that tried to wipe us off the earth
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 10%
Oct 19 2018 06:04pm
Quote (duffman316 @ Oct 19 2018 07:23pm)

All of history is built off command and conquer you want to start handing out race benifits to everyone or just when we pick to feel bad?

We're not rolling out monthly cheques to Acadians after we took their homes all belongings and tossed them on a boat.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 19 2018 06:05pm
Oct 19 2018 06:10pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 19 2018 05:04pm)
All of history is built off command and conquer you want to start handing out race benifits to everyone or just when we pick to feel bad?

We're not rolling out monthly cheques to Acadians after we took their homes all belongings and tossed them on a boat.

I'm Lakota

what is the excuse for slaughtering my unarmed people including women and children so recently? command and conquer?
Gold: 10.77
Oct 19 2018 06:11pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Oct 19 2018 02:45pm)
Serious question:
Were your ancestors victims of a genocide and forced into small parcels of land while all the resources around you were being stolen? Thus forcing a culture onto your people for generations and making it extremely difficult to climb out of the hole you were thrown in..?
Based on your heritage, of course.

Are we talking about Palestine or...?
Oct 19 2018 06:12pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 08:10pm)
I'm Lakota

what is the excuse for slaughtering my unarmed people including women and children so recently? command and conquer?

Yes. That's how that works. Just like it has in every other area of the world.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 19 2018 06:13pm
Oct 19 2018 06:18pm
Quote (SBD @ Oct 19 2018 05:12pm)
Yes. That's how that works. Just like it has in every other area of the world.

1890 we were still being disarmed and slaughtered by the same system that still encroaches and wants to poison the water to this day

That's not command and conquer of an ancient time

that's modern day genocide of a people and culture
Oct 19 2018 06:23pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 08:18pm)
1890 we were still being disarmed and slaughtered by the same system that still encroaches and wants to poison the water to this day

That's not command and conquer of an ancient time

that's modern day genocide of a people and culture

To this day you're still poisoning yourself more than anyone else at present. You can give me your speech again of how it's on your blood if you want it's a good laugh.

And not its not past that time. Guess you missed ww1, imperialism being a major factor. Command and conquer was still alive and kicking.

Sorry you got a shit roll of the dice.

This post was edited by SBD on Oct 19 2018 06:24pm
Gold: 9,106.00
Oct 19 2018 06:24pm
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 19 2018 04:30pm)
just how people are

first they justify the genocide

then they minimize it by blaming disease

then they tell us we are scum for being addicts, addictions forced upon us

then they tell us to pick ourselves up

then they kick those of us that made it out and pretend like we succeeded only with the help of the same system that tried to wipe us off the earth

At some point, you have to move on from the victim mentality. I've made this point before but ill make it again I guess.

Every single group at one time or another has been oppressed. For example, my 'people' were under Ottoman rule for on and off for 600 years. Before that, it was various kingdoms and other empires (Austro-Hungarian, Huns, etc). After the Ottomans, there were the Great Wars. After the Soviets took over many people were sent to gulags because of property ownership and/or Christianity. My great grandmother got her store, land, cattle taken away and shipped off to Siberia, at that time my grandmother was like 10 years old. My grandmother has told me stories about working a whole day to be able to buy a loaf of bread to feed her siblings. She's told me stories about people freezing to death or dying of starvation. My mother was actually born in Siberia and shortly after my grandparents were allowed to go back to their homeland.

So, eventually, my grandmother made it to the US and because of that, I was able to come here as a child and grow up in an amazing country which I love and which has given me opportunities to excel.

The thing is I don't look at my ancestor's sufferings as a sort of badge to be able to flash in the Oppression Olympics to get some favorable deal. I know I will never get reparations for my ancestors sufferings from the Turks, Russians or whomever, nor do I expect it. What's annoying though is since my skin is white, I'm told that I have some nebulous privilege in this country. And then an immigrant like myself sees actual privilege as some Natives have, and I wonder to my self at what point do these people just take their lives in their own hands like everyone else?
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
Prev167891011Next
Closed New Topic New Poll