d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Went To Sports Nutritionist Today > How Disappointing
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 40.01
Oct 12 2018 11:54am
Why go see a nutrionist if you know all this information, like you claim to in your second post.

The macros look completely fine.

You aren't going to be putting on killer size/strength while in a deficit.

There is no need for whatever stimulus you're talking about to lose weight. Ever see an obese person quit drinking only soda pop for 6 months while remaining sedentary?

Eat in a deficit, train to maintain what strength/size you have, and quit doing so much cardio. You either want to look like you lift or look like a marathon runner. Choose one.
Gold: 32,090.31
Oct 13 2018 06:25am
45% carbs haha

Enjoy death, buddy.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 14 2018 04:22am
Quote (Braxton11 @ Oct 13 2018 12:25pm)
45% carbs haha

Enjoy death, buddy.

How much do you suggest?
Oct 14 2018 08:16am
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Oct 14 2018 06:22am)
How much do you suggest?

I was kind of kidding because we recently had a guest speaker who is an rd and was fear mongering about carbs.

There is a lot of research out there right now that’s starting to lean towards the fact that carbs are the worst of the macros when consumed in excess. A few documentaries “the magic pill” and “fat” with the second coming out next year that are pretty interesting but obviously very biased towards one view point.

With that being said, a lot of the guys in here are relatively active with lifting or other activities (I would assume) which would negate some of the problems with excessive carb intake.

I personally wouldn’t throw out a number because it’s more complicated than that, but the RD said she eats 70g of carbs a day, which in my opinion is moronic, and then enough protein with fat filling in the rest.

This post was edited by Braxton11 on Oct 14 2018 08:19am
Retired Moderator
Gold: 505.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 14 2018 08:45am
Quote (ug_warrior(xtc) @ 12 Oct 2018 13:54)
Why go see a nutrionist if you know all this information, like you claim to in your second post.

The macros look completely fine.

You aren't going to be putting on killer size/strength while in a deficit.

There is no need for whatever stimulus you're talking about to lose weight. Ever see an obese person quit drinking only soda pop for 6 months while remaining sedentary?

Eat in a deficit, train to maintain what strength/size you have, and quit doing so much cardio. You either want to look like you lift or look like a marathon runner. Choose one.

I like this ;)

I think the carbs are too high but that's just my dietary preference.

Glycogen is overrated.

But yeah, I agree about not having aims that compete against each other.

--

But also, cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. I dropped 30 pounds a few months ago after I*stopped* doing cardio 6d/wk. And ofc I lost body fat along the way. Cardio is a drain and it's really best used for ... the actual benefits for your circulation and respiration. It's easy to rip calories with cardio but I wouldn't recommend cardio above lifting for weight loss or fat loss. Cardio loops us into craving sugar and the hormonal effects of cardio aren't in my view as interesting or helpful as the cascades enabled by protein and fat intake with lifting.

Gold: 40.01
Oct 14 2018 10:22am
Quote (RewtheBrave @ Oct 14 2018 02:45pm)
I like this ;)

I think the carbs are too high but that's just my dietary preference.

Glycogen is overrated.

But yeah, I agree about not having aims that compete against each other.

--

But also, cardio isn't necessary for fat loss. I dropped 30 pounds a few months ago after I*stopped* doing cardio 6d/wk. And ofc I lost body fat along the way. Cardio is a drain and it's really best used for ... the actual benefits for your circulation and respiration. It's easy to rip calories with cardio but I wouldn't recommend cardio above lifting for weight loss or fat loss. Cardio loops us into craving sugar and the hormonal effects of cardio aren't in my view as interesting or helpful as the cascades enabled by protein and fat intake with lifting.

Glad you agree. I don't post seriously in here often, since it seems to be the same trolls asking the same questions over and over again with a new twist.

I love eating carbs. ~200g a day, at least. I have my meals at the same time and my body knows when it is going to get it's fuel. I also stand/lift/move constantly for work 8-10hours a day for work, 5-6 days a week, followed by lifting at least 1-2 hours 6 days a week. Point being, my body uses the carbs (white rice) as a quick fuel source. Nothing puts on mass like carbs and lean meat (i.e. beef, chicken, fish).

Have one goal in mind, stick to it, and go from there OP. It can be hard to have lazerbeam focus, especially for me. I'll see guys bigger than me or stronger and want to get back in a surplus, or a cut up dude when I am in a surplus and decide to start cutting. Just stick to your short-term goals and eventually your long-term goal will look more attainable.
Gold: 5,000.77
Jan 6 2019 02:55pm
nothing wrong with the cals and macro breakdown she has suggested.
bloodwork is a bit of a stretch unless you mentioned nutrition-related ailments that you might have.
eating every 3-4 is a dinosaur myth that won't leave her type's mentality.

dogshit advice from the rest of y'all
Jan 6 2019 03:30pm
Quote (Lightman @ Jan 6 2019 04:55pm)
bloodwork is a bit of a stretch unless you mentioned nutrition-related ailments that you might have.

Good joke
Gold: 0.00
Jan 6 2019 04:01pm
Quote (Lightman @ Jan 6 2019 08:55pm)

great advice

wait, you didn't give any
Gold: 5,000.77
Jan 6 2019 07:21pm
Quote (Braxton11 @ Jan 6 2019 11:30pm)
Good joke

Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Jan 7 2019 12:01am)
great advice

wait, you didn't give any

telling him to stay away from neanderthals like you when it comes to nutrition is good enough advice in my book
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll