d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Homework Help > Math Problem > Drinking Card Game
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 17,079.00
Oct 10 2018 07:02pm
I'm trying to figure out how to statistically figure out this card game.

The game is you're dealt a card and without seeing it you are asked to guess red or black.
you get to see the card, then are asked if the next card you are dealt is higher or lower and you are to guess.
While seeing those cards you get asked if the card is inside the two cards or outside, If the card is the same as the either of the two cards it is redrawn. (Ex. card is 2-k and the card drawn is a 7 it is "inside"; if the cards are 2-7 and a 9 is drawn it is "outside"

I know the way to determine the first two steps of this problem but not the last.
Let's say someone predicted all 3 draws without looking what would be the odds they had all 3 guesses correct?
Gold: 5,496.89
Oct 18 2018 06:43pm
Quote (manadrain @ Oct 10 2018 09:02pm)
I'm trying to figure out how to statistically figure out this card game.

The game is you're dealt a card and without seeing it you are asked to guess red or black.
you get to see the card, then are asked if the next card you are dealt is higher or lower and you are to guess.
While seeing those cards you get asked if the card is inside the two cards or outside, If the card is the same as the either of the two cards it is redrawn. (Ex. card is 2-k and the card drawn is a 7 it is "inside"; if the cards are 2-7 and a 9 is drawn it is "outside"

I know the way to determine the first two steps of this problem but not the last.
Let's say someone predicted all 3 draws without looking what would be the odds they had all 3 guesses correct?

Say you drew a 2 and a 7. The probability of the next card being inside is 16/50 =32%. Outside is 24/50=48%.

Inside is 3, 4, 5, 6. 4 of each is 16 possibilities. There are 50 cards left in the deck if you already drew 2.same process to figure outside
Go Back To Homework Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll