d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Other Games > Magic: The Gathering > New Mtgo Arena Player > Iso Tips
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll
Gold: 85.00
Oct 10 2018 11:36am
What should i use my free crafts for?
i was thinking draw mechanisms/removal from colorless so i could throw them in every deck i make for now :lol:
Gold: 23.42
Oct 10 2018 05:17pm
I would recommend focusing on a single deck that appeals to you first and foremost.
Gold: 520.00
Oct 10 2018 07:49pm
MTGO and Magic Arena are two different games. Topic title is a little confusing but I will assume you meant Arena and want to know what to use your wildcards (WC's) on. This is a very personal decision so I will tell you what I did: I crafted Mono Red Aggro to farm quick constructed (known as Constructed Event in game now). The most common decks I play against are Mono Red Aggro, Mono Blue Tempo and Mono Green decks as many other people use the strategy of spending early WC's on Mono color decks to farm the competitive constructed formats like myself.

The reason for this is because the most expensive part of multi-color decks are the many rare lands required to make the decks function efficiently. You could always build budget versions of these kinds of decks using tap lands or single colored lands but they will be much worse and have a low ranked ceiling.

Since a new set was just released people are still figuring out what's good and trying to solve the meta so using WC's without knowing what you are doing could be really bad for a new player. Not only because you probably don't know what type of deck you even like to play yet but also because decks will change a lot over the next few weeks I suggest you wait. Playing draft mode isn't a terrible idea since it nets you a bunch of cards and helps you open Vaults much faster than anything else.

Mtggoldfish and aetherhub are the websites I reference most for netdecks and draft guides. Good luck!

This post was edited by 2Cb on Oct 10 2018 07:51pm
Oct 10 2018 10:22pm
Quote (2Cb @ Oct 10 2018 05:49pm)
MTGO and Magic Arena are two different games. Topic title is a little confusing but I will assume you meant Arena and want to know what to use your wildcards (WC's) on. This is a very personal decision so I will tell you what I did: I crafted Mono Red Aggro to farm quick constructed (known as Constructed Event in game now). The most common decks I play against are Mono Red Aggro, Mono Blue Tempo and Mono Green decks as many other people use the strategy of spending early WC's on Mono color decks to farm the competitive constructed formats like myself.

The reason for this is because the most expensive part of multi-color decks are the many rare lands required to make the decks function efficiently. You could always build budget versions of these kinds of decks using tap lands or single colored lands but they will be much worse and have a low ranked ceiling.

Since a new set was just released people are still figuring out what's good and trying to solve the meta so using WC's without knowing what you are doing could be really bad for a new player. Not only because you probably don't know what type of deck you even like to play yet but also because decks will change a lot over the next few weeks I suggest you wait. Playing draft mode isn't a terrible idea since it nets you a bunch of cards and helps you open Vaults much faster than anything else.

Mtggoldfish and aetherhub are the websites I reference most for netdecks and draft guides. Good luck!

ty for advice my good man been doing alot of drafting last couple of days
Oct 11 2018 10:05am
Quote (Exemplary @ Oct 10 2018 08:22pm)
ty for advice my good man been doing alot of drafting last couple of days

First 7 win in sealed guilds of ravnica :thumbsup:
couple of 6's in core set. I did a draft last night thinking i'd have 6 hours today to play it out but it's gone already :( QQ
Oct 11 2018 12:14pm
Unlocked a white/red agro deck. Have some interesting reach with red cards from drafts. doublecast + doublecast lava axe/banefire should be a 15 dmg face reach for 9
Oct 17 2018 11:22pm
Can anybody tell me if im tripping or is there only three demons in the game atm?
Go Back To Magic: The Gathering Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Topic New Poll