d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Excel Help > Not Sure Where Else I Would Post
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 84.02
Oct 6 2018 08:17am
I'm trying to remake my timecards so that I can have them on my computer rather then a paper copy. I'm a very small business so i don't want to pay ADP or other timecard companies when i know i can just do it in excel. I've already build the timecard I'm just trying to figure out how to do some convenience things for it. I'm basically trying to make it so there is a drop down list with Job codes, if they pick a certain code it automatically fills the next field in with thats codes description. Also how to total time, so if they worked 8:00AM - 4:30 PM =?hours. If anyone has a few minutes to direct me on a path here that would be great! Obviously I don't have much in forum gold but I could probably get some if its completely necessary.
Oct 7 2018 05:40pm
Nobody? Maybe there is a better place to look for help?
Oct 9 2018 05:59am
Could anyone point me in the right direction? I mean I don’t have a timeline but if someone could at least give me somewhere to start it would be real cool.
Gold: 12,935.00
Oct 9 2018 02:09pm

• No fg
  • Excel in a programming forum
  • Asking for free help

Not really the best way to get help.
Your best bet is probably to list all data you have, and someone might bother making the solution for you rather than handholding.
Gold: 170.00
Oct 11 2018 06:18am
Quote (Klexmoo @ 9 Oct 2018 22:09)
  • No fg
  • Asking for free help

Your best bet is probably to list all data you have, and someone might bother making the solution for you rather than handholding.

And i might would like to add:
  • Use nice lists like this one
  • Enters are cheap, use them
  • Understand that programmers like myself work full time, doing this kind of crap. And get kinda bored making stuff
  • Programmers love to help, but not to take over
Gold: Locked
Oct 11 2018 07:44am
Quote (FreeUsername @ 11 Oct 2018 14:18)
  • Understand that programmers like myself work full time, doing this kind of crap. And get kinda bored making stuff

you nailed it ;)
Oct 12 2018 05:47am
Quote (FreeUsername @ Oct 11 2018 06:18am)

Absolutely wanted a bit of help, could have been as simple as “go check out w3schools site”. With the amount of work you guys took to make a list of why you didn’t want to help me... you could have just said that website has pretty much everything for excel.

Big thanks to the dude that told me about the website. I think I got it now.

Quote (Klexmoo @ Oct 9 2018 02:09pm)
  • No fg
  • Asking for free help

See, if I was a programmer I might have known excel and programmming isn’t the same but I’m not so I don’t. Also I never said I was “asking for free help” if you read the first post I said I can get forum gold if it is needed. Nobody posted a price so why bother getting forum gold? I Just needed a little direction from the people that I assumed knew the program best. Clearly those of you willing to post are not willing to help.

This post was edited by PAYT0N on Oct 12 2018 05:59am
Oct 12 2018 11:34am
Quote (PAYT0N @ 12 Oct 2018 13:47)
Absolutely wanted a bit of help, could have been as simple as “go check out w3schools site”. With the amount of work you guys took to make a list of why you didn’t want to help me... you could have just said that website has pretty much everything for excel.

Big thanks to the dude that told me about the website. I think I got it now.

See, if I was a programmer I might have known excel and programmming isn’t the same but I’m not so I don’t. Also I never said I was “asking for free help” if you read the first post I said I can get forum gold if it is needed. Nobody posted a price so why bother getting forum gold? I Just needed a little direction from the people that I assumed knew the program best. Clearly those of you willing to post are not willing to help.

willing to help, not willing to have headache trying to understand your problem cause its really unclear what you're trying to achieve.

did you post an example of what you did so far as a reference so we know what you talk about ?

Oct 12 2018 12:20pm
Quote (minuteMed95 @ Oct 12 2018 11:34am)
willing to help, not willing to have headache trying to understand your problem cause its really unclear what you're trying to achieve.

did you post an example of what you did so far as a reference so we know what you talk about ?

Sticky said no links to outside projects, didn’t want to risk it just in case. I’ve kind of done it I’ll take a screenshot on where I’m at now once I get back to my computer and show you.

Thank you very much by the way!

This post was edited by PAYT0N on Oct 12 2018 12:20pm
Oct 12 2018 12:26pm
try first to make a post on stackoverflow.com, its a professional developer mutual help website
where you can ask question about anything IT related and some professional will try their best to help you.
*note : if you do so, try to be as clear as possible (with screenshot if possible) and feel free to send me the link to the page via pm.

also don't forget google is your best friend, if you find the right keywords there high chances you end up finding someone with the same problem
and its solution.

gl

Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll