d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Political & Religious Debate > Which Us State Is The Best? > In Terms Of Scenery, People, Cities, Etc
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 9.00
Oct 5 2018 09:41am
I think I'll travel to the USA next year or so, but I've not yet decided which state I'll go to. I've watched a bunch of Youtube videos and photos of the various states and their cities. I like to watch drive through videos, there is a guy on Youtube who drives around every city in the states while filming. But it's only cities, and the city I like the most is of course New York City - the most lively one.

However I'm also very fond of nature and scenery. Since my dream is to move to the USA, many things are important.

What I'm looking for in a state is:
1) Beautiful nature/countryside/scenery. I'm from the northern Europe so I'm not really fond of the tropical climate. I prefer the nature of New England over, say for example, Texas. I don't very much like deserts, and palm trees etc. From what I've seen from images and videos, Oregon is also a very nice state. I like New Hampshire, Vermont, and Pennsylvania too. The Midwest states seem to not have as beautiful scenery as the New England states and Oregon etc? Which state is the most beautiful do you think? From the northwest or northeast?

2) A nice city. It can be small, but it needs to be nice, with things to do, and of course I want it to be beautiful - don't want to either travel or live in a ghetto town. Entertainment such as cinema, amusement parks, arts are all important, as well as nice restaurants, bars, cafés.

3) The state must be a happy place. I want to go to, or possibly live, in a state where the people are relatively healthy and happy. A place where the people are bitter and angry, and/or where there is much political polarization, constant fighting in the streets, high crime rates, poverty, etc. is not a place for me. I also want the people to be educated. I prefer a middle class place.

4) The state should have nice roads on which I can drive my car, that would be a huge plus.

5) The state should neither be deeply religious or entirely secular/atheistic, but very moderate. I like to go and live in a place where religious beliefs are not much discussed, but where religion is left to people themselves.

And if there are some states in the southern region that are nice, please tell me more about them, even if the climate will not suit me. Perhaps I haven't found out about the great things about Texas and the rest of southern US.

Moderator may move this thread to someplace else, but I couldn't find a suitable section for this highly interesting topic. :wacko: And since most people on PARD seem to be from the US I thought this to be good.

Gold: 0.00
Oct 5 2018 09:45am
Gold: 28,296.01
Oct 5 2018 09:45am
All of your post considered I'd say check into Oregon

one of those places where you have the beautiful scenery and can find areas that are different politically and the type of people you want

and no sales tax which is always fun
Gold: 2,489.69
Oct 5 2018 09:48am
anyone who saying anything other than Wisconsin, especially jealous Minnesota cucks, are wrong. Beer, check. Cheese, check. Jiggly women plumped up by beer flavored cheese, double check.
Oct 5 2018 09:48am
Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 5 2018 05:45pm)
All of your post considered I'd say check into Oregon

one of those places where you have the beautiful scenery and can find areas that are different politically and the type of people you want

and no sales tax which is always fun

Oregon and the states in New England are those which have interested me the most. Oregon is just absolutely amazing scenery wise. It's like a dreamy place from heaven itself.

I love fall so much, it is my favorite part of the year.

Check this scenic drive in Oregon in fall:

Oct 5 2018 09:50am
Quote (thesnipa @ Oct 5 2018 05:48pm)
anyone who saying anything other than Wisconsin, especially jealous Minnesota cucks, are wrong. Beer, check. Cheese, check. Jiggly women plumped up by beer flavored cheese, double check.

I would love the culture in Wisconsin I guess but the state is so flat, isn't it?
Gold: 28,296.01
Quote (Tjo @ Oct 5 2018 08:48am)
Oregon and the states in New England are those which have interested me the most. Oregon is just absolutely amazing scenery wise. It's like a dreamy place from heaven itself.

I love fall so much, it is my favorite part of the year.

Check this scenic drive in Oregon in fall:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGCLV2DE20Q

I'm near oregon and I've spent a lot of time there and with the people

absolutely beautiful and some of my favorite people from the states I've been and lived

truly a great place to live or just spend some time in traveling around
Gold: 16,820.00
Oregon and Washington.
Seattle is such a dope city, cleanest downtown I’ve ever seen. Packed full of history and a lower level city.
Gold: 6,351.00
Oct 5 2018 09:51am
New England or northwest.

Warm wheather I really like South Carolina.
Oct 5 2018 09:55am
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Oct 5 2018 05:50pm)
Oregon and Washington.
Seattle is such a dope city, cleanest downtown I’ve ever seen. Packed full of history and a lower level city.

From the pictures I can find on google I think Seattle is nice one city.

Quote (ofthevoid @ Oct 5 2018 05:51pm)
New England or northwest.

Warm wheather I really like South Carolina.

So which New England state is the best? From all the pictures I've managed to find it seems to be that New Hampshire tops the list!

Quote (Beowulf @ Oct 5 2018 05:50pm)
I'm near oregon and I've spent a lot of time there and with the people

absolutely beautiful and some of my favorite people from the states I've been and lived

truly a great place to live or just spend some time in traveling around

Yeah I've read somewhere that the people in Oregon are the happiest people in the US, where depression rates are very low. I love happy people!

And please post pictures of some beautiful place you think I should visit! Can be anywhere.

This post was edited by Tjo on Oct 5 2018 09:56am
Go Back To Political & Religious Debate Topic List
1236Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll