d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Diablo II > Diablo 2 Discussion > Player vs. Monster >
Poll > Next Race, Need Input > Melee/missle/misc Builds (no Casters)
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 60%
Oct 12 2018 07:07pm
MA sin
Gold: 11,483.74
Oct 12 2018 07:15pm
Quote (Huuof @ Oct 12 2018 05:07pm)
MA sin

sweet! going with kicks, elemental MA, or physical MA will be cool having competition in this spec :P
Gold: 1.00
Warn: 60%
Oct 12 2018 07:22pm
Fire for normal, kicks for beyond. I plan to grind alot and I am patient but I believe a kicksin has a very strong chance to win this race with the rules in place.
Gold: 344.00
Oct 12 2018 07:48pm
bowazon :)
Gold: 8,640.00
Oct 12 2018 09:15pm
couple thoughts:
I think the p8 shouldn't have to be showing with baal q drops (unnecasary and just another reason for people to cause drama when not shown, competition is based on trust anyways)
p8 on reruns over p5 all the way because I see no point in lowering the player setting for slightly more efficient runs

Why no telly staff? If u can farm it I see no reason it shouldn't be allowed (only reason I could see is because it is a caster)
I also can't see why starting a different type of character shouldn't be allowed?

No drama intended just my thoughts on the rules
Wanna sign up as frenzy baba but don't really have the time and a certain group is going to take off work to play night and day for this anyway
Where can I send the pot money (how is it divided, 100% to winner imo)

Edit: also since this is melee only lots of chars will rely on countess pul for upping exceptional items, p1 should be allowed in tower (atleast in hell).

This post was edited by BMar5452 on Oct 12 2018 09:28pm
Gold: 5,450.00
Oct 12 2018 10:26pm
Quote (BMar5452 @ Oct 12 2018 10:15pm)
couple thoughts:
I think the p8 shouldn't have to be showing with baal q drops (unnecasary and just another reason for people to cause drama when not shown, competition is based on trust anyways)
p8 on reruns over p5 all the way because I see no point in lowering the player setting for slightly more efficient runs

Why no telly staff? If u can farm it I see no reason it shouldn't be allowed (only reason I could see is because it is a caster)
I also can't see why starting a different type of character shouldn't be allowed?

Wanna sign up as frenzy baba but don't really have the time and a certain group is going to take off work to play night and day for this anyway

Edit: also since this is melee only lots of chars will rely on countess pul for upping exceptional items, p1 should be allowed in tower (atleast in hell).

I think that’s a typo. I’m pretty sure we decided it would be allowed to change classes if you didn’t want to continue. But still with a noncaster build. No tele staff to keep that even between all. We do what people would like, so all p8. The results show that.
Oct 13 2018 09:54am
Quote (BMar5452 @ Oct 12 2018 07:15pm)
couple thoughts:

hey, thanks for constructive criticism.

most of the rules are copied and pasted with minor edits from the previous race, and with exception to one individual i can remember, the screenshot method seemed pretty successful

the poll was because some thought p8 reruns may be too tedious as melee, so we would go off what the poll winner was. personally, i'm happy with p8 winning :) great point -- we will include p1 is ok on countess reruns.

there was debate about teleport, but we decided not to have it for item charges because it would keep it more of a melee, non-casting race. as far as enigma, we figured if you farmed long enough (or lucky enough) to find jah & ber, you should be able to use teleport.

do you mean: 4. Hardcore. If you die, you may restart with the same or another character fitting the character rules. ? maybe my grammar is shitty, but we are more than happy if someone wants to change characters if they die. so if you start as a bowzon and die, you're perfectly fine making a whirlwind barb next.

the more the merrier for the race. even if you don't have much time, there is still chance. it's not a race to 99 after all. there will probably be deaths, so you could go from 3rd to first pretty quickly!

we hadn't talked much about prize winnings, but i assume we would do something similar to the previous (1st: 65% / 2nd: 25% / 3rd: 10%) and donations can be sent to PikaBhew or Pious

15bucks - holy shock zealer
BMar5452 - frenzy barbarian
Huuof - martial arts assassin
MegaCatholic - FA/strafe amazon
NikolaasSobey19 - bowzon
PikaBhew - shapeshift druid
sonicwave - ?
tehtwitchy - martial arts assassin
TheCreature19 - ?
xapeu - frenzy barb?
Gold: 8,640.00
Oct 13 2018 12:10pm
Quote (tehtwitchy @ Oct 13 2018 08:54am)
hey, thanks for constructive criticism.

most of the rules are copied and pasted with minor edits from the previous race, and with exception to one individual i can remember, the screenshot method seemed pretty successful

the poll was because some thought p8 reruns may be too tedious as melee, so we would go off what the poll winner was. personally, i'm happy with p8 winning :) great point -- we will include p1 is ok on countess reruns.

there was debate about teleport, but we decided not to have it for item charges because it would keep it more of a melee, non-casting race. as far as enigma, we figured if you farmed long enough (or lucky enough) to find jah & ber, you should be able to use teleport.

do you mean: 4. Hardcore. If you die, you may restart with the same or another character fitting the character rules. ? maybe my grammar is shitty, but we are more than happy if someone wants to change characters if they die. so if you start as a bowzon and die, you're perfectly fine making a whirlwind barb next.

the more the merrier for the race. even if you don't have much time, there is still chance. it's not a race to 99 after all. there will probably be deaths, so you could go from 3rd to first pretty quickly!

we hadn't talked much about prize winnings, but i assume we would do something similar to the previous (1st: 65% / 2nd: 25% / 3rd: 10%) and donations can be sent to PikaBhew or Pious

15bucks - holy shock zealer
BMar5452 - frenzy barbarian
Huuof - martial arts assassin
MegaCatholic - FA/strafe amazon
NikolaasSobey19 - bowzon
PikaBhew - shapeshift druid
sonicwave - ?
tehtwitchy - martial arts assassin
TheCreature19 - ?
xapeu - frenzy barb?

sorry misread rule 4, your grammer is great :lol:
gl with race everyone (in advance)
Oct 19 2018 06:11pm
if anyone else wants to join in, let us know :)
Gold: 24,919.32
Oct 19 2018 06:18pm
I’ll be an amazon
Go Back To Player vs. Monster Topic List
Prev1234569Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll