d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > General Chat > Love Line > Time To End It With My Girlfriend?
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 20,152.00
Oct 2 2018 05:00pm
Basically I can't stand her family. At all. There's not much of an issue between us 2, but I told her that I don't want to be associated with her family whatsoever. Pretty much I told her that I don't like the way they treat her because I think they treat her like shit, and that's not ok with me.

So, story time..
She's always had issues with her parents so I told her to be the bigger person, to sit them down and to talk to them calmly about how she feels on the way they treated her (she's 26). What happened was the moment she started explaining herself, her mom would freak the fuck out and start yelling saying shit like "No! Why are you talking back?! Stop it!" so she can't even get her say in it. Afterwards, she wrote her parents a 2 page letter explaining how she felt. Unfortunately her parents never acknowledged it. Shortly after, they got into an argument and her mom used it against her by saying "what are you gonna do? Write me another letter?"

Another more serious incident..
So my girlfriend has had pretty bad anxiety and depression (her mom has actually caused her to have anxiety attacks and then I would have to help calm her down and breathe). My girlfriend's sister recently exposed to their parents that she has cut marks on her wrist. And instead of helping my girlfriend, her mom yelled at her... "That's enough! Stop it!"

Sorry for the long post guys, I'm almost done.
So after all that, I don't want to have anything to do with her family and yet, she says she still loves them and wants them to be a part of her life and she wants them to be a part of my life. She said ideally, she would want me to want to go over to her place and spend time with her family. She told me that it's a deal breaker if I can't respect her parents. But I can't respect her parents after everything they put her through. I don't know what to do guys. It also worries me that she still wants them in her life and accepts that because they're "family". I'm different in the way that I have no issues cutting out anyone from my life if they're toxic and negative. I believe "family" are people who stick by your side and help you through tough times. She's giving me til Monday to let her know and make a decision. She literally begged me to give them another chance and to try and see the good in them, saying that she'll never ask for anything else, and that completely broke my heart. I don't know what to do
Gold: 10,000.00
Oct 2 2018 05:34pm
Tough one bro. Sounds like you really care for her and are concerned. You have to remember that her parents and family are all she has besides you. No matter how bad they are treating her its not easy for everyone to just drop their family. If she cuts them out of her life and things go bad with you then where does that leave her? I guess what it comes down to is what you want. Do you want to be involved with her family? Can you deal with them and what they might do to her in the future? Is there a chance that you can get her to minimal involvement with her family in the future? This is a tough decision you have to make but remember for you there is always more fish in the sea. I know that sounds stupid when you are in love with her but you can find that love again with someone else. Don't feel locked in, if this isn't what you want for YOUR life then say goodbye because it doesn't seem she will ever say goodbye to her family no matter how bad they treat her
Gold: 2.76
Oct 4 2018 05:40am
its know its fucked up bro but its family.. if you realy love her , you should focus on her and the positivity. It's never easy. Some people cross our path for a reason.

so ya i suggest you to think real good about it. you gonna regret it later ?? good luck man hit me up if u wanna talk
Gold: 19,640.88
Oct 4 2018 08:15am
If you truly love her then stick with her and stick up for her. If her parents say some stupid shit call them out on it to their face. Make them more annoyed with you then you with them.
Gold: 1,807.00
Oct 5 2018 12:49am
Your girlfriend sounds borderline.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 7 2018 02:11am
It's not easy for some peoples to cut people out of their life regsrdless how toxic they are she sounds like the type of person who wants everything to works out but then feels guilty and thinks its her fault it doesn't.

You can either be the bigger man, and try and giving them a chance not because you like them but because you love her i mean whats the worst that can happen spend one night with her parents and actually talk with em about how they make her feel and how you feel about the whole situation.

or you can leave that poor girl, and shes just gonna keep getting verbullaly abused.

you mentioned that she has cut marks on her wrist, i dont think she'd take the breakup very well and she might actually do something dumb as in cut her wrist and actually go thru it.

Make a last ditch effort and tell her your willing to make some compromises but that they need to respect her as a human being and listen.

at the end of the day what really matters is the safety of this woman, and your happiness but please think about the consequeces of ehat will happen if you break up with her.
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,239.00
Trader: Trusted
Oct 7 2018 05:55pm
Hi everyone. I am not skilled in this area, so only short opinion, but I hope that you will find it helpful. Relations with parents and other family members are sometimes complicated, but for many people it is difficult to completely finish these, no matter how toxic they are. It may be also very hard to watch worsening relations between own parents and boyfriend/girlfriend, and most likely it is even more difficult when family matters are considered by another side as a reason to finish. I also perceive relationship as a kind of responsibility for another person, and I think that it is important what Maher wrote. Also, often it is not needed to choose between two solutions, like 0 or 1 in computer science, because many intermediate states exists and compromises are possible. It is not needed to completely finish relations with parents, or to be permanently with them. In age of 26 it is most likely possible to meet only sometimes, staying respectful for each other.
Gold: 0.00
Oct 25 2018 08:46pm
maybe her mom is dick deprived, throw out the offer to give her the D and see if she calms tf down. hey you could even get a 3 some if your lucky
Gold: 6,660.65
Oct 28 2018 03:43am
bye felicia
Gold: 2,600.02
Nov 3 2018 12:14am
Gay
Go Back To Love Line Topic List
12Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll