d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > Path of Exile > How Would I Sell Ign Names Safely?
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 3,384.40
Sep 28 2018 09:59am
I posted a for sale thread in the attempt to sell some of my GG one word names on POE for some FG but it ended up getting locked because I asked people to PM me and I would send them the list of the names I have for sale. I only ended up selling 2 out of around 30 before my thread was locked. Currently you have to publicly list the names you are selling and do most of the trading in the thread itself to stay within the rules. With things like exalts and currency in game this poses no problem whatsoever, but with names it's a totally different story. Trading names like this poses two problems:

1. Posting the names I have for sale publicly would mean any GGG employee could easily find out which account I am and ban me for selling names. Even if they don't ban me, I'm sure they would keep a close eye on my account for any suspicious transactions.
2. People can easily see which names are being sold and just setup a simple auto hot key macro to keep hitting enter on a name someone wants to buy. As soon as I delete the name it is up for grabs and anyone that reads the thread would easily be able to register the name first.

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas on ways I could sell names that don't post huge risks like these?

Can I spoiler a list somehow where only certain people have access or anything similar?

Thanks for reading :D

Gold: 23.69
Sep 28 2018 10:20am
well no, not really
if you cannot post a list publicly without getting screwed over i dont think theres much options left
Sep 28 2018 11:04am
Quote (trader @ Sep 28 2018 04:20pm)
well no, not really
if you cannot post a list publicly without getting screwed over i dont think theres much options left

Rip, thanks. I come back to jsp every few months/years do a couple trades and then quit using it again, but I never thought of selling names on here seriously until now. It would be cool to get some extra exalts out of the names I don't use. Thanks for the reply mate. I appreciate it.
Gold: 23.69
Sep 28 2018 11:06am
Quote (Shadow_assn @ 28 Sep 2018 18:04)
Rip, thanks. I come back to jsp every few months/years do a couple trades and then quit using it again, but I never thought of selling names on here seriously until now. It would be cool to get some extra exalts out of the names I don't use. Thanks for the reply mate. I appreciate it.

idk how name selling goes in general @ poe but have you tried other platforms vs ingame currency somehow? is that even a thing? i mean im sure there IS a market for names at poe, its just not here at jsp i think
Gold: 356.93
Sep 28 2018 12:13pm
Quote (Shadow_assn @ Sep 29 2018 02:59am)
I posted a for sale thread in the attempt to sell some of my GG one word names on POE for some FG but it ended up getting locked because I asked people to PM me and I would send them the list of the names I have for sale. I only ended up selling 2 out of around 30 before my thread was locked. Currently you have to publicly list the names you are selling and do most of the trading in the thread itself to stay within the rules. With things like exalts and currency in game this poses no problem whatsoever, but with names it's a totally different story. Trading names like this poses two problems:

1. Posting the names I have for sale publicly would mean any GGG employee could easily find out which account I am and ban me for selling names. Even if they don't ban me, I'm sure they would keep a close eye on my account for any suspicious transactions.
2. People can easily see which names are being sold and just setup a simple auto hot key macro to keep hitting enter on a name someone wants to buy. As soon as I delete the name it is up for grabs and anyone that reads the thread would easily be able to register the name first.

So my question is, does anyone have any ideas on ways I could sell names that don't post huge risks like these?

Can I spoiler a list somehow where only certain people have access or anything similar?

Thanks for reading :D

Just have them post in thread "I am buying a name from shadow for XX forum gold" and do the rest via pm, as long as you are only offering for igc GGG will not take action on your account even if they cared.
I would just keep your names on throw away accounts anyway.
Sep 28 2018 05:27pm
Quote (Plaguefear @ Sep 28 2018 06:13pm)
Just have them post in thread "I am buying a name from shadow for XX forum gold" and do the rest via pm, as long as you are only offering for igc GGG will not take action on your account even if they cared.
I would just keep your names on throw away accounts anyway.

I didn't think they would either but I actually got locked until I emailed GGG when I was trying to sell names for in game currency. Was simply discussing it with someone in a party chat and apparently someone I invited to trade something with must have reported me or something. They told me that name trading counted as real world trading in an email. I have been told by countless people they don't care but I am 100% serious when I say I got locked. I had to email them, they did unlock me but made it clear it wasn't allowed. Lol
Gold: 0.02
Sep 29 2018 05:31pm
its easy u make a new acount and u put in that name... and than u transfer whole acount... the most safe way...
Go Back To Path of Exile Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll