d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Microsoft Office Problems
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 125.00
Sep 27 2018 10:22am
I have a legit version of Microsoft office, physical box, actual code. They seem to think it’s no longer attached to my account, and I’ve spent hours on the phone trying to get them to fix it.

Prior to this, I had a subscription that would log me out of any computer every week or two, and take a good ten plus minutes to reactivate since logins didn’t work properly on any computer or internet connection.

I’m sick of it. But I need to use the actual Microsoft suite.

Are there any good solutions to stop needing to activate? Any places I could look? Keep in mind I own a copy and they’re still locking me out to ‘protect’ their product from pirates. Actual paying customer here, locked out more often than is acceptable.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Sep 27 2018 10:27am
Gold: 10,655.00
Sep 27 2018 10:27am

IF they keep messing with you...you could at least switch to Libre Office. It is supposed to have everything MS Office does and spits out compatible document formats as well.

https://www.libreoffice.org/
Sep 27 2018 10:30am
Quote (Ghot @ Sep 27 2018 09:27am)
IF they keep messing with you...you could at least switch to Libre Office. It is supposed to have everything MS Office does and spits out compatible document formats as well.

https://www.libreoffice.org/

I need the exact Microsoft Office for three reasons unfortunately:
1. I study part time and work full time in accounting. Exam software now requires I have Office as it integrates into it.
2. I need full VBA access.
3. Generally, I need word and excel to be exactly the same environment.
Sep 27 2018 11:32am
If anyone would like to PM me instead of post, that would work as well.

This isn’t an issue of piracy. Piracy is stealing software not paid for. Therefore, no rule being broken. I’m looking to simply activate my software which I paid for, and since they broke the core of the contract, I’m not bound to all provisions set out in the software agreement.

I can even show proof of payment. Sure did to Microsoft. Still waiting hours. Will call them today again, but in meantime... searching for a solution.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Sep 27 2018 11:33am
Gold: 0.00
Sep 27 2018 11:43am
I used libre office for my assignments that were graded by an automated computer system, and as long as I saved in .xlsx and not .ods, it couldn't tell the difference. Only thing I've noticed that isn't standard across platforms is themes, but all the computational functionality is there.
Sep 27 2018 03:25pm
Quote (zell1luk @ Sep 27 2018 10:43am)
I used libre office for my assignments that were graded by an automated computer system, and as long as I saved in .xlsx and not .ods, it couldn't tell the difference. Only thing I've noticed that isn't standard across platforms is themes, but all the computational functionality is there.

The program they use actually takes over your computer, and prevents you from doing anything outside of it. The program is designed specifically to only open Excel, Word, and their own proprietary PDF launcher. No program would work other than the Microsoft version.

But other than that, VBA is important for me. That’s strictly a Microsoft Excel thing. It’s a dated and limited programming language, but it’s super useful since it’s integrated into Excel and doesn’t have to be compiled — just stored inside an excel file, works with it.

This post was edited by Canadian_Man on Sep 27 2018 03:27pm
Gold: 0.00
Sep 27 2018 06:53pm
Quote (Canadian_Man @ Sep 27 2018 04:25pm)
The program they use actually takes over your computer, and prevents you from doing anything outside of it. The program is designed specifically to only open Excel, Word, and their own proprietary PDF launcher. No program would work other than the Microsoft version.

But other than that, VBA is important for me. That’s strictly a Microsoft Excel thing. It’s a dated and limited programming language, but it’s super useful since it’s integrated into Excel and doesn’t have to be compiled — just stored inside an excel file, works with it.

Sounds like a really invasive program that I wouldn't run outside of a VM if I were you. Anyways, you could just install a cracked copy from the bay; it's not copyright infringement if you have a legitimate license.
Go Back To Computers & IT Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll