d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Motor Sports & Cars > 06 Cobalt Won't Start After Compression Test
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 14,476.00
Sep 14 2018 07:07pm
First I started the car to see if it still ran, it sat for awhile. It ran just fine. Turned the car off, took the fuel pump relay out, started again to relieve pressure, then I unplugged all the coil packs, and took out all the spark plugs at the same time, did the test, everything was a consistent 150psi, called it good, put everything back together, now it won't start. Its the 2.4l where everything sits on top of the block, similar to the 2.2 ecotec. It cranks, just doesn't make it past that. I primed it several times, didn't flood it, took everything back out to make sure it wasn't flooded, tried again with no luck.
The car has a bad ac actuator so I can't hear the fuel pump over that thing knocking around.
Gold: 3.75
Sep 15 2018 01:45am
if you have or can buy a cheaper pressure gauge that will screw on to a port there is one just off to the right side of the fuel rail by the injectors. could easily check for proper fuel pressure there to take that off your list of issues. but if the fuel pump is running you should be able to hear it whirling just by turning the key forward but not starting it. checking that would also be easier if you had a second person so you can lay back by the tank while they turn they key forward so it primes the system.

i dont know how active it is anymore but cobaltss.net has a lot of good information and people that could help you figure this out also

This post was edited by night_throne on Sep 15 2018 01:46am
Gold: 14,476.00
Sep 15 2018 11:57am
Quote (night_throne @ Sep 15 2018 02:45am)
if you have or can buy a cheaper pressure gauge that will screw on to a port there is one just off to the right side of the fuel rail by the injectors. could easily check for proper fuel pressure there to take that off your list of issues. but if the fuel pump is running you should be able to hear it whirling just by turning the key forward but not starting it. checking that would also be easier if you had a second person so you can lay back by the tank while they turn they key forward so it primes the system.

i dont know how active it is anymore but cobaltss.net has a lot of good information and people that could help you figure this out also

I'm a moron and had the fuse relay in the wrong spot. Moved it down a pin and it started right up.
Damn engineers.

Gold: 166.00
Sep 15 2018 12:13pm
Quote (Nykollah @ Sep 15 2018 11:57am)
I'm a moron and had the fuse relay in the wrong spot. Moved it down a pin and it started right up.
Damn engineers.

Kind of wat I was thinking

My brother is an auto tech and does this kind of stuff a lot

Gold: 204.60
Sep 15 2018 01:12pm
Quote (Nykollah @ Sep 15 2018 09:57am)
Damn engineers.

Haha yea been there done that lol
Go Back To Motor Sports & Cars Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll