d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Health & Fitness > Constantly Getting A Cold...
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Sep 14 2018 08:45pm
Get a CD57 blood test. Will tell with better certainty where your immune function truly is.
Gold: 8,902.00
Sep 14 2018 09:01pm
Drink aloot of water, sleep more, eat better
Gold: 1,000.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 15 2018 09:32am
Quote (hoipolloi @ Sep 15 2018 01:06pm)
drink some bone broth some good quality stuff from the store $8-12 dollars a jar

and have a smoothie with fruits

get u bak to 100% in no time

Thx dude, will try this out ! :D

Quote (Darkblue @ Sep 15 2018 03:45pm)
Get a CD57 blood test. Will tell with better certainty where your immune function truly is.

Will try this as-well Edit: Would you by any chance know a country where this test can be done? I can't find anyone rly who does it in Sweden :S I only use private doc's.

Quote (Weber @ Sep 15 2018 04:01pm)
Drink aloot of water, sleep more, eat better

I'll do the water part here :) Got major sleeping issues (don't know why), sleeping pills doesn't even help...

I'll get back once I get some more details, the CD57 blood test sounds very exciting!

This post was edited by ium on Sep 15 2018 09:41am
Gold: 8,902.00
Sep 15 2018 12:19pm
Quote (ium @ Sep 15 2018 11:32am)

Will try this as-well Edit: Would you by any chance know a country where this test can be done? I can't find anyone rly who does it in Sweden :S I only use private doc's.

I'll do the water part here :) Got major sleeping issues (don't know why), sleeping pills doesn't even help...

I'll get back once I get some more details, the CD57 blood test sounds very exciting!

should talk to your doc about your meds not helping

its much healthier to take a little more meds and have a decent night of sleep than not taking meds and almost not sleeping

This post was edited by Weber on Sep 15 2018 12:20pm
Gold: 204.60
Sep 15 2018 01:10pm
Quote (Weber @ Sep 15 2018 10:19am)
should talk to your doc about your meds not helping

its much healthier to take a little more meds and have a decent night of sleep than not taking meds and almost not sleeping

I agree with this. I used to have same issue and talked with doc and got it figured out.
Gold: 16,320.00
Sep 15 2018 04:30pm
Quote (ozzyarmy3 @ Sep 14 2018 06:58pm)
Holy shit, thanks Dr. Phil.

Diagnosing leukopenia over the interwebz takes talent.

Who tf are you?
I didn’t even give a definitive answer, because I’m not a fking doctor.
It sounds like a low white blood cell count.
My wife has the same problems and is lacking in white blood cells.
Mongoloid.

This post was edited by IchBinDaddy on Sep 15 2018 04:34pm
Sep 15 2018 06:40pm
Quote (NebulahFrost @ Sep 16 2018 08:10am)
I agree with this. I used to have same issue and talked with doc and got it figured out.

What did help you? :)
Gold: 0.00
Sep 15 2018 07:56pm
Quote (IchBinDaddy @ Sep 15 2018 10:30pm)
Who tf are you?
I didn’t even give a definitive answer, because I’m not a fking doctor.
It sounds like a low white blood cell count.
My wife has the same problems and is lacking in white blood cells.
Mongoloid.

Ok Dr. Phil, my apologies.
Gold: 6.66
Sep 16 2018 12:28am
Quote (elMagico @ Sep 15 2018 01:28am)
Kidding. This is not a question for any forums, if it is prolonging state and happening often, go and see your doctor. Only he can tell you what it is.

This guy gets it, go see a doc. No advice you get on this forum subsitutes your real life doctor's advice.

Quote (Darkblue @ Sep 15 2018 04:45am)

CD57 test is a completely useless test for this. It's just a way of drawing money from people, one could call it elegant quackery because it sounds legit but isn't. It isn't specific for any disease or state and is essentially as useful as not having a test at all.

Quote (ium @ Sep 15 2018 05:32pm)

Read my other response to CD57 in this post :)

In a country with public health care (Sweden in your case) there's a high chance of private docs prescribing useless tests and medications/supplements to both get extra money for unnecessary procedures and make the patient happy and feel like he's being listened to. Not all private doctors are like this, ofc, but there is such a tendency in private clinics. Go see a public doctor so you can get a "2nd opinion", they usually don't have any interests other than giving evidence-based treatment. The health care in Sweden is high level even if public.

There are numerous reasons for constantly getting a cold. They can be structural or immune system related. Sleep deprivation could also play a role.

First and foremost: what do you mean by a cold? A proper cold with fever, muscle aches, a sore throat etc... or do you mean a runny/stuffed nose? Do you have allergies? Medications going on right now? Any other diseases or diagnoses? Have you seen a doc about this and have you had any lab tests?

This post was edited by Neptunus on Sep 16 2018 12:53am
Sep 16 2018 02:01am
Quote (Neptunus @ Sep 16 2018 07:28pm)
This guy gets it, go see a doc. No advice you get on this forum subsitutes your real life doctor's advice.

CD57 test is a completely useless test for this. It's just a way of drawing money from people, one could call it elegant quackery because it sounds legit but isn't. It isn't specific for any disease or state and is essentially as useful as not having a test at all.

Read my other response to CD57 in this post :)

In a country with public health care (Sweden in your case) there's a high chance of private docs prescribing useless tests and medications/supplements to both get extra money for unnecessary procedures and make the patient happy and feel like he's being listened to. Not all private doctors are like this, ofc, but there is such a tendency in private clinics. Go see a public doctor so you can get a "2nd opinion", they usually don't have any interests other than giving evidence-based treatment. The health care in Sweden is high level even if public.

There are numerous reasons for constantly getting a cold. They can be structural or immune system related. Sleep deprivation could also play a role.

First and foremost: what do you mean by a cold? A proper cold with fever, muscle aches, a sore throat etc... or do you mean a runny/stuffed nose? Do you have allergies? Medications going on right now? Any other diseases or diagnoses? Have you seen a doc about this and have you had any lab tests?

I see, you seem to know your thing, guess I will skip the CD57 then! I do have big sleeping issues, it takes some kind of voodoo dance and sacrifices to the gods to make me fall asleep nicely... And usually after a good night's sleep I feel great waking up. But the cold can come anyways, even after a good night's sleep :/

The could would be a stuffy nose + sneezings + a feeling of being cold (even if I'm indoors). But absolutely no fever / muscle aches / sore throat! I should have mentioned that earlier, but I didn't think of it.

Thanks a lot for the responses guys, truly appreciated :)

This post was edited by ium on Sep 16 2018 02:02am
Go Back To Health & Fitness Topic List
Prev123Next
Add Reply New Topic New Poll