d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Computers & IT > Programming & Development > Need Practice Interview Technique
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 1,939.50
Sep 9 2018 01:24pm
How much fg for how long? What was your major? What programming languages are you familiar with? Will you provide a resume?

I often interview entry level candidates for the company I work for. I could do a mock interview and talk through what you did well and what you need to improve on, however everywhere interviews differently. The best practice is going in to interview and there is a large demand for people with programming skill so you shouldn't have trouble getting a number of interviews if you live near a city.
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Sep 10 2018 01:33pm
im a senior programmer at my company, im always present during the interviews and ask a couple of questions to the candidate,
i can help, pm me if interested
Gold: 50.69
Sep 12 2018 09:56am
Quote (waraholic @ Sep 9 2018 07:24pm)
How much fg for how long? What was your major? What programming languages are you familiar with? Will you provide a resume?

I often interview entry level candidates for the company I work for. I could do a mock interview and talk through what you did well and what you need to improve on, however everywhere interviews differently. The best practice is going in to interview and there is a large demand for people with programming skill so you shouldn't have trouble getting a number of interviews if you live near a city.

Quote (shape1992 @ Sep 10 2018 07:33pm)
im a senior programmer at my company, im always present during the interviews and ask a couple of questions to the candidate,
i can help, pm me if interested

Both, if interested we can discuss further via pm, I've messaged you both.

To answer some questions, first off I'm from UK so we don't have the major/minor thing like in the US we just study a subject at university. In my case, Computer Science.

As for what you're saying, I completely understand that experience will improve my interview skills and I agree. But, I am literally just searching for someone that has a general idea of the on the spot Programming questions an entry level software engineer at a high level company will be asked. Then if we were to run through a few "mock interviews" to gain experience prior to myself having the real thing.

But as stated, I've pmed you both, If you're still interested we can figure something out! :)

This post was edited by JP99 on Sep 12 2018 09:57am
Gold: 169.00
Sep 13 2018 05:08pm
In what development path do you want to go?
Web, iOS, game dev, desktop apps etc?

Interviews are usually different, for example if you are aiming for full-stack web dev process, you would first get some task to do, probably to build some CRUD.

After that you would be invited for an interview where you would mostly talk about that project, there might be some basic algorithms, naming a few design patterns etc.

If you are aiming for google or facebook, interview will mostly depend on algorithms and data structures (linked lists, binary tree etc.)

Also, there is an awesome book out there named "Cracking the code".
That book have almost all questions that you could expect in an interview. Take a look :)
Gold: 3,575.00
Sep 20 2018 08:53pm
Quote (WeAreTheBorg @ Sep 13 2018 04:08pm)
In what development path do you want to go?
Web, iOS, game dev, desktop apps etc?

Interviews are usually different, for example if you are aiming for full-stack web dev process, you would first get some task to do, probably to build some CRUD.

After that you would be invited for an interview where you would mostly talk about that project, there might be some basic algorithms, naming a few design patterns etc.

If you are aiming for google or facebook, interview will mostly depend on algorithms and data structures (linked lists, binary tree etc.)

Also, there is an awesome book out there named "Cracking the code".
That book have almost all questions that you could expect in an interview. Take a look :)

This guy pretty much nailed it. Can say I've been through quite some of these, helps if you know the company beforehand, what you're actually planning to do for the company (Frontend/Backend developer), and if you know someone in the company. Makes life alot easier.
Go Back To Programming & Development Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll