d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher >
Poll > Suggestion: Heal Mastery Added Quick Heal
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Gold: 8,888.88
Dec 21 2018 07:36pm
Quote (Gearic @ Dec 17 2018 01:29pm)
I voted yes, but not because I'm particularly interested in this change specifically, but, I have long wished that Masteries worked in different ways for different charms.

Some examples, just to have a little fun with it:
Lightning Mastery adds a chance to gain extra flat damage, based on int and charm tier. This would go well with the wild nature of lightning charms, with their large damage range.
Fire Master adds a chance to explode, dealing extra damage to enemies near the target.
Ice Mastery adds a chance to create an ice barrier around the caster, slowing and dealing heavy damage to attackers.

Just seems cool to me to add different abilities to the different spells, and doing it through mastery makes it more fun, and makes your gear feel more impactful, in more diverse ways.

Interesting comments. You are aware that the mastery (Fire/Lightning/Ice) already have extra additional properties? They increase damage output and direct resistance to their element, they don't need more.
Gold: 1,084.46
Dec 21 2018 08:34pm
Quote (izParagonzi @ 21 Dec 2018 21:36)
Interesting comments. You are aware that the mastery (Fire/Lightning/Ice) already have extra additional properties? They increase damage output and direct resistance to their element, they don't need more.

umm ... did you read my post?
Dec 21 2018 10:53pm
Quote (Gearic @ Dec 22 2018 03:34pm)
umm ... did you read my post?

I did, Heal Mastery only has one application and no hidden application, whereas lightning/fire/ice has... other than damage, they have resistance. Your suggestion is to add to it as well. As I stated, "Interesting comments" (which is not undermining your post). My reply is based on my intention of adding something to Heal Mastery like the elemental mastery's. Hopefully this makes more sense for you to comprehend the initial reasoning to my suggestion.
Gold: 1,084.46
Dec 22 2018 08:46am
Quote (izParagonzi @ 22 Dec 2018 00:53)
I did, Heal Mastery only has one application and no hidden application, whereas lightning/fire/ice has... other than damage, they have resistance. Your suggestion is to add to it as well. As I stated, "Interesting comments" (which is not undermining your post). My reply is based on my intention of adding something to Heal Mastery like the elemental mastery's. Hopefully this makes more sense for you to comprehend the initial reasoning to my suggestion.

Yes, I understand your suggestion, not sure we're on the same page on what to consider "extra" or "hidden." I just think that, in general, the game lacks depth in itemization. There are a lot of magical stats, but most of them feel unimpactful. I like the idea of masteries doing more interesting things, along the lines of what you're suggesting for healing. "They don't need more," as you say, but I still think it would be a welcome addition.
Dec 22 2018 09:05am
Quote (Gearic @ Dec 23 2018 03:46am)
Yes, I understand your suggestion, not sure we're on the same page on what to consider "extra" or "hidden." I just think that, in general, the game lacks depth in itemization. There are a lot of magical stats, but most of them feel unimpactful. I like the idea of masteries doing more interesting things, along the lines of what you're suggesting for healing. "They don't need more," as you say, but I still think it would be a welcome addition.

Talking about Fire / Light / Ice / Earth Mastery as an example and the inclusion of other things. We could have certain other factors as well, the easiest is letting every character wear any armor type. [there are negatives to this for casters]

If a Mage wears Chain or Plate and cast with Lightning, they have a negative of 50% resistance.
If a Mage wears Scale or Leather and cast with Lightning, they have a negative of 25% resistance.
If a Mage ... etc

So, based on the element, and armor type you wear, you take damage.

This is NOT a suggestion, but, it could also include other factors for game.
Dec 28 2018 02:04am
:bouncy:
Go Back To Ladder Slasher Topic List
Prev123
Add Reply New Topic New Poll