d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Other Games > MMORPG > Black Desert > Some Questions About Bdo
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll
Gold: 95.50
Sep 1 2018 12:53pm
I'm bored of my normal grind games and really want a fun game to play
this game looks tight, seems like the controls and skills are really fun. I don't really like wow mechanics and movement/skills but this seems a little bit faster and more fun.

How is the community?

How long does it take to get to max level with end game gear?

Can that stuff be bought or can people be rushed through the game and geared fast?

Is there repetitive fast dungeons or instances to run for look like diablo3/path/Hellgate london etc?

What are the bad parts about this game as it stands?

Thanks again, any helpful info would be appreciated. feel free to toss random stuff at me that makes this game fun or attractive
Sep 1 2018 09:29pm
nothing huh?

Is powerleveling available?
Do people sell gear here or is that not possible?
Is this sub dead for this game? lolol
Gold: 0.00
Sep 1 2018 11:34pm
There is a soft cap for level rather than a max level. You can grind your entire life and never reach the "max level" - but they may choose to raise the soft cap later on.
This game is essentially a long grind. End game gear will take a long time to get, and that's assuming you're talking about best in slot items. However, you can do very well without full best in slot gear.

Power leveling is possible, but you need to acquire your own currency to buy gear. It's not tradable. You might be able to get someone to grind an area while you loot things, but don't expect to get top gear in a short amount of time.
There is essentially no player to player trade apart from gifting pearl items. All trade is done through the auction house, which makes use of RNG when an item is first listed, and first come first serve afterwards.

This subforum isn't very alive because there isn't much to do here, but you'll run into a good number of people in game. The only things to do here is discuss things, or buy/sell pearls.
Some pearl items can be sold on the auction house for some quick gold, which may be helpful early on, but it's extremely ineffective in the long run.

Gear has no level requirement - the only requirement is that you're able to afford the gear. Weapons are restricted by class, but armor isn't. Meaning, you can swap your gear between your characters, but not weapons.
There are no dungeons or instances that you can grind. There are instances for things such as player owned houses. Everything else is open world. There are world bosses that you can tag and pray for loot.

It has good graphics and amazing character customization. If you don't want to customize your character yourself, you can take a look at other people's characters they posted and save and copy their customization for your character.
It's good if you just want something to grind endlessly and reach towards the soft cap. The soft cap doesn't change often, unlike WoW.

Combat is very different compared to most games, but you'll get used to it eventually. It's quite enjoyable in my opinion, and feels better than tab target games.
Some of attack combos may be annoying, but if you don't want to get used to the controls, you can throw skills on your action bar like many other games.

If you don't like grinding mobs for hours on end, this might not be the game for you. However, it offers a lot of things to do apart from combat.
Some of the richest players in the game don't even do combat, and yet they could have better gear than those who do.

PvP in this game is extremely unbalanced. The person with better gear will win almost every time.
You're safe from being pk'd up until level 50, but afterwards, anyone can flag up and attack you at any time, or you can flag and attack others.
You lose karma when you kill other players, but can regain it from grinding mobs.

A huge debate is whether or not people believe the game is p2w. Some people will say it is, whereas others will say that it's pay for convenience.
You can play the game without spending much, but it's true that spending will benefit you in many different aspects.

For example, pets will automatically loot for you, additional inventory slots and more weight allows you to stay and grind places for longer periods of time, maids can carry loot to a city warehouse for you, and there's a form of optional premium membership that gives you various benefits.
None of this is required to play the game, but they can improve your experience of the game, and help you achieve things faster.
Sep 2 2018 07:07am
Quote (Kokua @ Sep 2 2018 12:34am)
There is a soft cap for level rather than a max level. You can grind your entire life and never reach the "max level" - but they may choose to raise the soft cap later on.
This game is essentially a long grind. End game gear will take a long time to get, and that's assuming you're talking about best in slot items. However, you can do very well without full best in slot gear.

Power leveling is possible, but you need to acquire your own currency to buy gear. It's not tradable. You might be able to get someone to grind an area while you loot things, but don't expect to get top gear in a short amount of time.
There is essentially no player to player trade apart from gifting pearl items. All trade is done through the auction house, which makes use of RNG when an item is first listed, and first come first serve afterwards.

This subforum isn't very alive because there isn't much to do here, but you'll run into a good number of people in game. The only things to do here is discuss things, or buy/sell pearls.
Some pearl items can be sold on the auction house for some quick gold, which may be helpful early on, but it's extremely ineffective in the long run.

Gear has no level requirement - the only requirement is that you're able to afford the gear. Weapons are restricted by class, but armor isn't. Meaning, you can swap your gear between your characters, but not weapons.
There are no dungeons or instances that you can grind. There are instances for things such as player owned houses. Everything else is open world. There are world bosses that you can tag and pray for loot.

It has good graphics and amazing character customization. If you don't want to customize your character yourself, you can take a look at other people's characters they posted and save and copy their customization for your character.
It's good if you just want something to grind endlessly and reach towards the soft cap. The soft cap doesn't change often, unlike WoW.

Combat is very different compared to most games, but you'll get used to it eventually. It's quite enjoyable in my opinion, and feels better than tab target games.
Some of attack combos may be annoying, but if you don't want to get used to the controls, you can throw skills on your action bar like many other games.

If you don't like grinding mobs for hours on end, this might not be the game for you. However, it offers a lot of things to do apart from combat.
Some of the richest players in the game don't even do combat, and yet they could have better gear than those who do.

PvP in this game is extremely unbalanced. The person with better gear will win almost every time.
You're safe from being pk'd up until level 50, but afterwards, anyone can flag up and attack you at any time, or you can flag and attack others.
You lose karma when you kill other players, but can regain it from grinding mobs.

A huge debate is whether or not people believe the game is p2w. Some people will say it is, whereas others will say that it's pay for convenience.
You can play the game without spending much, but it's true that spending will benefit you in many different aspects.

For example, pets will automatically loot for you, additional inventory slots and more weight allows you to stay and grind places for longer periods of time, maids can carry loot to a city warehouse for you, and there's a form of optional premium membership that gives you various benefits.
None of this is required to play the game, but they can improve your experience of the game, and help you achieve things faster.

appreciate the long read.
Super helpful.
I really just want a fun grindy game to wear I feel a sense of progression.
I love diablo 3 and path of exile but not really digging them right now.
I thought this game would be dope but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

I already bought it so I guess I can just play it out for a bit and see.

If I were to spend money or try to buy stuff here, what is the best way of doing it?

Also, you say grind mobs.
Is that like certain drops repetitive grinding dungeons or instances or literally just running around in an open world and killing whatever I find for forever?

lastly, If I were to spend cash on the game what is the best way to do it? pets? packages? etc
Gold: 0.00
Sep 4 2018 11:14pm
Quote (Bayonet @ Sep 2 2018 11:07pm)
If I were to spend money or try to buy stuff here, what is the best way of doing it?

Also, you say grind mobs.
Is that like certain drops repetitive grinding dungeons or instances or literally just running around in an open world and killing whatever I find for forever?

lastly, If I were to spend cash on the game what is the best way to do it? pets? packages? etc

Buying pearls directly is much more effective in terms of $$ to pearls than purchasing fg and spending it on pearls.
Buying pearls with fg should only be seen as a way to get pearls without spending money - such as profiting from PoE, then bringing your fg to spend here.

There are different zones, each with a set of mobs with specific loot.
There aren't instanced dungeons. There's a huge list of servers that you can freely move between though, so it's not like zones are absolutely filled with people grinding the same mobs.

To make the most use of your pearls, you want pets initially. You can have up to 5 of them, and you can upgrade them by combining them. You want to have 5 pets before planning to upgrade them.
If you're absolutely certain you want to continue playing the character for whatever class you're playing, then you can consider weight and inventory slots.
Maids are a nice little benefit, as they can transport 100 lb worth of loot to the main city warehouse for that zone every 20 minutes, per maid.
Artisans are great for more experienced players who are trying to enhance their boss gear.
Costumes do help a bit, but it's mainly cosmetic. It's low on this this because people have different perspectives about it. Some people like their characters to look good, some don't care.
Value packs are basically a form of premium benefits which comes with a bunch of little boosts. I'd consider it low on the list, because it's not required, though it would be beneficial. If you can afford it, there's no reason to not have it.
Gold: 4,005.00
Sep 5 2018 06:37am
I sent you a PM, Kokua has been super helpful but I can help on discord or something if needed :D
Go Back To Black Desert Topic List
Add Reply New Trade New Price Check New Topic New Poll