d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Site Suggestions >
Poll > Thought - Volunteer Forum > What’s Your Thoughts?
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
  Guests cannot view or vote in polls. Please register or login.
Jr Admin
Gold: 7,900.00
Trader: Trusted
Sep 24 2018 03:56pm
Quote (bodierox @ Sep 11 2018 10:27pm)
I'm saying it is a horrible idea, but if someone truly wants to genuinely help the site, they will find a way up do so.
Its not about helping the site, but helping the users.
As mentioned above, a lot of users write guides for games they enjoy because they genuinely enjoy the game and want to help others do the same.

This

This post was edited by Sire on Sep 24 2018 04:00pm
Gold: 2,489.69
Sep 24 2018 06:32pm
Quote (HardyTarget @ Aug 31 2018 12:53am)
It's not a bad idea.
My only concern would be making it visible enough for people to find it.

Classic
Gold: 8,740.00
Sep 24 2018 07:06pm
If I could clarify a little:

I think the idea behind my suggestion is a mutual benefit to both the site and the user and not just about either or.

I’m sure there are many users out there that don’t have the financial means to donate, would strongly like to give back for all of the hours of entertainment the site provides at no required cost and don’t have much of an idea of where to start. The idea I guess would be to create one generalized hub where users who are interested in helping with random tasks could simply volunteer for posted “work” (as long as they meet whatever pre-requisite criteria the administration requires)

The way I see it, the user benefits by being able to easily find ways to volunteer and give back without simply “taking a shot in the dark” and guessing what may be considered helpful and the site benefits by being able to specifically specify what would help and have a pool of users eager to help.

This also leaves the option available to admins to possibly allow enough “credit” accumulation through donated time to access some of the benefits that monetary site donors do. User gives back and feels the sense of accomplishment (and possibly physical benefits comparable to those rewarded to monetary donors) and the site benefits as a whole from the extra help for the benefit of everyone - including all users.

Very prototype right now - but I see potential.

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Sep 24 2018 07:37pm
Gold: 18,352.00
Sep 25 2018 06:29pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Sep 24 2018 08:06pm)
If I could clarify a little:

I think the idea behind my suggestion is a mutual benefit to both the site and the user and not just about either or.

I’m sure there are many users out there that don’t have the financial means to donate, would strongly like to give back for all of the hours of entertainment the site provides at no required cost and don’t have much of an idea of where to start. The idea I guess would be to create one generalized hub where users who are interested in helping with random tasks could simply volunteer for posted “work” (as long as they meet whatever pre-requisite criteria the administration requires)

The way I see it, the user benefits by being able to easily find ways to volunteer and give back without simply “taking a shot in the dark” and guessing what may be considered helpful and the site benefits by being able to specifically specify what would help and have a pool of users eager to help.

This also leaves the option available to admins to possibly allow enough “credit” accumulation through donated time to access some of the benefits that monetary site donors do. User gives back and feels the sense of accomplishment (and possibly physical benefits comparable to those rewarded to monetary donors) and the site benefits as a whole from the extra help for the benefit of everyone - including all users.

Very prototype right now - but I see potential.

This I like, no point working on something to be told its not needed later on by staff.
experienced this first hand only to see it done later on anyways.
Gold: 8,740.00
Oct 2 2018 02:05pm
Up
Retired Moderator
Gold: 1,239.00
Oct 3 2018 02:07am
Hey. This is nice opinion :)
Quote (bodierox @ Sep 11 2018 10:27pm)
I'm not saying it is a horrible idea, but if someone truly wants to genuinely help the site, they will find a way up do so.
Its not about helping the site, but helping the users.
As mentioned above, a lot of users write guides for games they enjoy because they genuinely enjoy the game and want to help others do the same.

I am not sure what kind of work could be posted in proposed volunteer forum, although probably many possibilities exists. For example, translations of important rules or recommendations on forums to various languages is what I can imagine as being helpful for users from all countries. My vote was null, good luck :)
Go Back To Site Suggestions Topic List
Prev12
Add Reply New Topic New Poll