d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Entertainment Room > Anime > Yu Yu Hakusho
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 24.40
Sep 18 2018 03:44pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 18 2018 02:16pm)
You could give some examples to add validity to your argument though... I'm all for a friendly or not so friendly debate on the subject, but I'm having a hard time understanding what else their is besides bias towards newer anime/remakes that's making you feel so negatively towards the best season of one of the best shows ever. Saying they ruined Hisoka is just nonsense, but again, I'm open to listening to why you believe that's true.

Greed Island was also phenomenal and while the election Arc wasn't anything special, it was a building arc to the real adventure with Ging. Something we've been waiting for for fucking ever and Togashi set it up perfectly.

it wasnt even supposed to be an argument.
Gold: 260.11
Sep 20 2018 02:43pm
Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 18 2018 08:05am)
Shonen peotaganist are all pretty much the same. Mostly unbreakable determination with an impossibly rigid set of morals that would get you killed instantly in any of their worlds. Throw in a main enemy rival who turns into a friend, or who starts a friend and later becomes an enemy and a bunch of other random side characters, some crazy villians and you're good to go.

HxH has had better character development, antagonists and a much more cohesive plot than any of the major shonens so far. The side cast has been exponentially better than the supporting characters we normally get as well.

Yu Yu was great, but it fell off a cliff and everyone knows it lol. The supporting cast was also dated and annoying as fuck and even if you're just an action junkie, the best fights don't hold shit towards even mid-tier ones in HxH.

I find it weird you found Gon unrelatable when he just follows every other model for popular shonen characters, including Yu Yu. Was it because he doesn't have a love interest, or is it because he's like three years younger than your typical hero? Either way, he still follows the same mold and I love what they've done with him, especially now that we've seen what he's capable of as an adult.

Yusuke wasnt the typical shonen model like naruto, goku or luffy. He wasnt a naive kid with a heart of gold. He had real problems and shitty coping mechanisms. His powers were tied to his personal growth and emotional understanding of himself and his attachments.

Yusuke was written way deeper than Gon is, and theres really no way to even argue the contrary.

And after the dark tournament that stopped being the theme and it went to shit, but everything up to the end of the dark tournament was better than what ive seen in hxh, but ive only seen to the end of battle tower. Ill watch more when i have the time to dedicate.

Quote (jadeoshbogosh @ Sep 18 2018 12:22pm)
Not that popular opinion is the end all be all, but it's widely accepted that the Chimera Ant arc is one of the absolute best of any show ever made and I don't even understand what kind of insane bias could keep you form enjoying the later arcs.

Ive watched the fights from chimera ant and fuck i hate the narrator. Stop spoon feeding us the action, we have eyes.

This post was edited by Thor123422 on Sep 20 2018 02:49pm
Gold: 250.00
Warn: 10%
Sep 20 2018 09:52pm
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 20 2018 01:43pm)
Yusuke wasnt the typical shonen model like naruto, goku or luffy. He wasnt a naive kid with a heart of gold. He had real problems and shitty coping mechanisms. His powers were tied to his personal growth and emotional understanding of himself and his attachments.

Yusuke was written way deeper than Gon is, and theres really no way to even argue the contrary.

And after the dark tournament that stopped being the theme and it went to shit, but everything up to the end of the dark tournament was better than what ive seen in hxh, but ive only seen to the end of battle tower. Ill watch more when i have the time to dedicate.

Ive watched the fights from chimera ant and fuck i hate the narrator. Stop spoon feeding us the action, we have eyes.

You're just clueless if you think it's about the action. Hasn't watched anything other than the opening arcs and you want to complain about someone from a completed series having a more in-depth personality than someone you've hardly scratched the surface of. Yusuke was a pretty great character, but the supporting cast was complete ass if you want to talk about depth and what would I rather have, a slightly more relatable (don't build it up too much either, he was just your average whiny teen) main character and a shit supporting cast vs or a full cast of interesting and developed characters surrounding a slightly less relatable hero. Hmmm, lets think about this. Real tough call.

Your only argument is that Yusuke is better than Gon, but you don't know anything about Gon, and it still doesn't make up for absolutely everything else in hunter being exponentially better than Yu Yu.

It's pretty comical that you accuse me of spoon feeding you action when I never once mentioned anything about the action component of the show. Yes, it's 10000000x superior to Yu Yu, but that's the least important thing about HxH that makes it perfect. It's better written, it has better characters, it has a cohesive plot that actually has a purpose and doesn't just shit the bed at the end. Interesting villians, not just a muscle bound blah blah with no back story and an even less impressive brother. Really, the villains in Yu Yu were all shit. Again, EVERYTHING but maybe the main hero is better in HxH and I still think Gon is a much more interesting character. He's already developed so much from the start of the anime and we still don't know where Togashi will end up with him.

I would like to know what kind of person looks up fights from animes they haven't seen? Seriously, how can you talk shit about me spoon feeding you action, something I never did, and then judge a show based on some fucking random YouTube clips you watched... That's just sad.

I know it's hard for you since you and every Yu Yu fan only ever talk about the Toguro fight as the end all be all, and that fight was mediocre at best lol. Again, this you'll say is a lie, it was the best ever blah blah blah. It was okay. It was GREAT at the time, but it's meh in retrospect and again, action sequences aren't what make HxH great, but it's comical coming from someone who's a fan of Yu Yu where 99% of what the fans talk about is one fucking fight and that's about it.

This post was edited by jadeoshbogosh on Sep 20 2018 10:15pm
Gold: 200.83
Sep 22 2018 03:41am
Quote (Thor123422 @ Sep 17 2018 05:02am)
Definitely worth watching up to the end of the Dark Tournament.

Then drop it and pretend that was the last episode.

I really enjoyed Hunter x Hunter, but honestly it never felt as engaging. Mainly because the protagonist just isn't as relatable.

Gold: 29,321.34
Sep 22 2018 12:11pm
yyh was infinitely better than the 2011 hxh

the 97 era hxh was better than yyh but the remake up until the Chimera arc was inferior

hisoka is the best villain in the history of any form of literature or media or entertainment

/e followed by johan

This post was edited by LL0RT on Sep 22 2018 12:11pm
Gold: 75,900.00
Sep 25 2018 01:45am
This thread...
Gold: 260.11
Sep 29 2018 07:49am
Someones triggered that there are people who dont like his favirite show....
Go Back To Anime Topic List
Prev1456
Add Reply New Topic New Poll