d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > Ladder Slasher > LS Character Builds > Did My First Mq Solo, Now How Do I... > Multiplayer As A Noob
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: 0.00
Aug 28 2018 11:11pm
So I did my first MQ solo, passed it (yay!)
Quest itself was quite hard ;) but well worth it for all the new slashers

Now I'm looking into how to fulfill a roll in a multiplayer setting.

I assume that if I join a group: someone is a 'leader' and drives, I cannot town just whenever to regen cause that would slow whole group down, enemies get more hp because group, item drops are a free for all, cannot use solo strat of kill kill kill town.

As a noob, I got EE swords/axes, EE armors, str charms (now converting the axes in the set to swords cause samurai) only 50-55 armor/sword are decent, rest of the EE is like 60 tops.

What roll should I be shooting for in a group as a samurai/fighter/maybe pally soon

/e is there an etiquette to joining a group or player already slashing?
I looked for a guide to this but could not find anything about it

This post was edited by LordBerem on Aug 28 2018 11:15pm
Gold: 0.20
Aug 29 2018 01:42am
yuo can shrine items in town real quick if there is no healer in the group
you can tank and stay in front for the robe-wearers
or if there's a goodt ank already you can wear stat gear for maximum damage output
Gold: 10,683.52
Aug 29 2018 05:34am
If you see a group forming at level 1 . You can join it and ask if it’s full. If a not full then you stay.

I suggest all new slashers who have been gearing Slowy to just offer to tank for groups. Stat full vita and sand bag in the front wearing scale/leather click as much as you can so that it shows the other players your not just trying to leech in a group.

My number one problem with players in ladderslasher is they feel that because their gear isn’t hat great they don’t have to try as hard as everyone else.

If a new player comes in and actually dedicated the one hour to complete a full group climb and clicks his hardest and doesent afk all the time they will get invited to more group climbs

This post was edited by slushslush on Aug 29 2018 05:35am
Gold: 0.00
Aug 29 2018 11:04am
Quote (slushslush @ Aug 29 2018 06:34am)
If you see a group forming at level 1 . You can join it and ask if it’s full. If a not full then you stay.

I suggest all new slashers who have been gearing Slowy to just offer to tank for groups. Stat full vita and sand bag in the front wearing scale/leather click as much as you can so that it shows the other players your not just trying to leech in a group.

My number one problem with players in ladderslasher is they feel that because their gear isn’t hat great they don’t have to try as hard as everyone else.

If a new player comes in and actually dedicated the one hour to complete a full group climb and clicks his hardest and doesent afk all the time they will get invited to more group climbs

You telling me that it only take a hour to lvl to mq in a good group? I can 100% slash for an hour maybe two, guess I kinda thought the climbs lasted longer and I didn't know if I could for an extended amount of time so I didn't even bother to look into it

Thanks for the info tho, what I need to do is kinda only thing I know how to do.. tank and click lowest hp monster.

As the tank, not having awesome gear, would it be within reason to grab most of the shrinable gear to heal with? I assume tank is only one getting damaged enough to need it.
Gold: 10,683.52
Aug 29 2018 11:53am
Quote (LordBerem @ Aug 29 2018 01:04pm)
You telling me that it only take a hour to lvl to mq in a good group? I can 100% slash for an hour maybe two, guess I kinda thought the climbs lasted longer and I didn't know if I could for an extended amount of time so I didn't even bother to look into it

Thanks for the info tho, what I need to do is kinda only thing I know how to do.. tank and click lowest hp monster.

As the tank, not having awesome gear, would it be within reason to grab most of the shrinable gear to heal with? I assume tank is only one getting damaged enough to need it.

A properly formed group will consist of
1x tank/sandbag
3x dmg dealers
1x dmg/healer

You should not need to grab any shrines at all while in group unless there is no healer.

I suggest new players who are trying to see if they will enjoy the game to invest in swords and strength charms and then enhanced effect scales or leathers.

When clicking monsters don’t just click one and wait till it’s dead instead click around on all of them. You will deal more actions and damage that way.

If you show that your active and you click the entire climb you will get invited to a lot of group climbs
Gold: 44,416.48
Sep 4 2018 08:30am
Quote (slushslush @ Aug 29 2018 12:53pm)
A properly formed group will consist of
1x tank/sandbag
3x dmg dealers
1x dmg/healer

You should not need to grab any shrines at all while in group unless there is no healer.

I suggest new players who are trying to see if they will enjoy the game to invest in swords and strength charms and then enhanced effect scales or leathers.

When clicking monsters don’t just click one and wait till it’s dead instead click around on all of them. You will deal more actions and damage that way.

If you show that your active and you click the entire climb you will get invited to a lot of group climbs

+1 on slush's comment. Also I still have my swords (they can be used on Feeder, Sammy, Pally, and Ninja) You can always pick up some str robes later down the road when you get to a robe class like ninja. You're on your first roadblock with axes now but axes may be used on your next class of paladin so if its possible you might want to hold on to them for a bit.
Go Back To LS Character Builds Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll