d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > d2jsp > General Help > Cd Key Claimed By Battle.net > Worked Yesterday...
Add Reply New Topic
Gold: 3,575.00
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2018 06:11pm
Means you will need to buy a new cd key as yours was claimed/registered by another user via Battle.net :(

This post was edited by Stories on Aug 15 2018 06:37pm
Gold: 8,740.00
Trader: Trusted
Aug 15 2018 06:31pm
Quote (Cocoo @ Aug 15 2018 06:55pm)

Did you buy your key directly from Blizzard? They will most likely give you a free replacement. If you have a 16 digit key, you can also exchange it for a 26 digit key on your battle.net account.
Aug 15 2018 06:38pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Aug 15 2018 05:31pm)
Did you buy your key directly from Blizzard? They will most likely give you a free replacement. If you have a 16 digit key, you can also exchange it for a 26 digit key on your battle.net account.

Had my cd key for over 16 years (one of the originals), registered it with battle.net like 4 years ago, and this thing happens today. I don't understand. Do they have a number to call?
Aug 15 2018 06:39pm
Should be able to open a support ticket with them and in some cases, they do have live chat as well.

Log into your battle.net account on their website and you should be able to search for what you need.
Aug 15 2018 06:44pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ 16 Aug 2018 02:31)

Thats wrong.
I had the same

Wasnt claimed by me.
I even send a Picture with the CD Box + Payment

"Hey there, Patrick.

My name is Gordon and I am a Supervisor at Blizzard Entertainment. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the CD keys, I know it can be frustrating for sure.

I took a look and it appears that these keys where claimed to another battle.net account about 7 years ago in 2011. Diablo has been around for a long time now, so these keys can have been re-sold, traded, gifted, etc. There just isn't a way to determine an original owner in that sense. So we are left to look at where was the 16 digit key claimed to a battle.net account and converted into a 26 digit key. This is the case here, the code was claimed quite awhile ago to another account and the name on that account does not match this one.

We have no way to transfer these keys either, so your best bet is going to be to purchase a new key and claim them to your battle.net account to ensure you don't run into problems again down the road."

Quote (Cocoo @ 16 Aug 2018 02:38)
Had my cd key for over 16 years (one of the originals), registered it with battle.net like 4 years ago, and this thing happens today. I don't understand. Do they have a number to call?

If you registered the Key to your Battle.Net accounts its saved there. Just reinstall Diablo with the one from your battle.net account

This post was edited by Jurman on Aug 15 2018 06:45pm
Aug 15 2018 06:52pm
Quote (Jurman @ Aug 15 2018 07:44pm)
Thats wrong.
I had the same

Wasnt claimed by me.
I even send a Picture with the CD Box + Payment

"Hey there, Patrick.

My name is Gordon and I am a Supervisor at Blizzard Entertainment. Thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear about your problem with the CD keys, I know it can be frustrating for sure.

I took a look and it appears that these keys where claimed to another battle.net account about 7 years ago in 2011. Diablo has been around for a long time now, so these keys can have been re-sold, traded, gifted, etc. There just isn't a way to determine an original owner in that sense. So we are left to look at where was the 16 digit key claimed to a battle.net account and converted into a 26 digit key. This is the case here, the code was claimed quite awhile ago to another account and the name on that account does not match this one.

We have no way to transfer these keys either, so your best bet is going to be to purchase a new key and claim them to your battle.net account to ensure you don't run into problems again down the road."

If you registered the Key to your Battle.Net accounts its saved there. Just reinstall Diablo with the one from your battle.net account

That’s definitely a bummer, but I can kind of see their side. 7 years is a long time and original owner or not, that’s a lot of time for those keys to have changed hands for dozens of reasons. I don’t doubt you were telling the truth - there’s just many that don’t as well.

Quote (Cocoo @ Aug 15 2018 07:38pm)

Cocoo - I’d still try anyway. What’s the worst that could happen.

This post was edited by CyrusTheGreat on Aug 15 2018 06:53pm
Aug 15 2018 07:14pm
Quote (CyrusTheGreat @ Aug 15 2018 05:52pm)
That’s definitely a bummer, but I can kind of see their side. 7 years is a long time and original owner or not, that’s a lot of time for those keys to have changed hands for dozens of reasons. I don’t doubt you were telling the truth - there’s just many that don’t as well.

Cocoo - I’d still try anyway. What’s the worst that could happen.

I still have the original receipt o.o (It's in the box :rofl:) my d2 days will be done unless they do something about this..?
Aug 15 2018 08:00pm
Quote (Cocoo @ Aug 15 2018 09:14pm)
I still have the original receipt o.o (It's in the box :rofl:) my d2 days will be done unless they do something about this..?

Contact the support team @ battle.net, if you have the original receipt and such they should be able to assist you. Best of luck to you.
Go Back To General Help Topic List
Add Reply New Topic