d2jsp
d2jsp Forums > Off-Topic > Sports Coliseum > Baseball > Houston Astros
Add Reply New Topic New Poll
Gold: Locked
Trader: Scammer
Warn: 10%
Aug 15 2018 04:31pm
The Astros haven't won a home game in over a month. July 14 vs. the Tigers was our last home win. After the loss last night that's now nine straight losses at home. Our lead in the AL West is pretty much over. The Athletics are 1 game behind and the Mariners are 4 games behind.

But today is my birthday and I'm going to attend tonight's game. I'm going to bring the Houston Astros some good luck as they finally win a home game for the first time in over a month. Gerrit Cole is pitching and I expect him to dominate. With another day off tomorrow it would be nice to be on the winning side again.

There is some good news. George Springer is expected to return for Friday's road opener against the Athletics. Like I mentioned before the Astros are still 41-18 on the road. They can re-gain control of the AL West if they play well on this upcoming road trip against the Athletics, Mariners and Angels.

Jose Altuve, Brian McCann, Chris Devenski (Devo) and Lance McCullers. Jr. will all return soon enough. September should look a lot better for the Astros if they can just finish off the last two weeks of August playing some good baseball again. It's all about hanging on for dear life right now the way it seems.

I'm not going to panic but I do feel more anxious than usual right now! Sorry for not discussing the Houston Rockets and Houston Texans on this blog so far. I plan to do so once their seasons are closer to starting. I'm truly focused on the Houston Astros right now as they try to repeat as 2018 World Series champions. This daunting quest has been made more difficult because all of the injuries but I do see some help on the way.

A little adversity and challenge is a good thing sometimes: The Houston Astros have their backs against the wall. How will they respond? People are starting to call last year's 2017 World Series championship a fluke. Those same people are ready to hand over the 2018 World Series title to the Boston Red Sox and it's only mid August. We'll see what happens. I'll be at the game tonight and we can only turn things around one game at a time. Go Astros!
Gold: 0.00
Aug 15 2018 08:54pm
I'm ending my d2jsp run once I hit 15k posts. I plan to do it before my 33rd birthday on August 15

I know I can pace myself and get it done before then. Maybe sooner. I'm kind of exhausted with it all. I won't delete my profile. I'll leave it up in case I decide to return one day. Tell me what music videos I should have up. I've got Red Hot Chilli Peppers right now.

It's been a great ride but I'm not sure I want to do it anymore. This is a teenagers, in your 20s type of website.

When I first joined in 2010 I regretted not finding this place sooner. Like in 2003 or so...
Aug 15 2018 08:58pm
😂😂
Gold: 3,059.01
Aug 15 2018 11:02pm
Making fun of somebody. You two must be really proud of yourselves

This post was edited by Adverb on Aug 15 2018 11:11pm
Gold: 21.00
Aug 15 2018 11:33pm
Like I said last year when the Los Angeles Dodgers and Cleveland Indians were dominating the 2017 regular season, none of that mattered to me because I knew every team was going to have a 0-0 record in the playoffs. And even though the Astros had the third best regular-season record last year they still won the 2017 World Series. Not the Dodgers or Indians. I feel the same way about the Red Sox this year. Kudos to them for winning a ton of regular-season games in 2018 but none of that will matter in the postseason. The Astros will start off with a clean slate just like them.
Aug 16 2018 07:41am
Quote (Adverb @ Aug 16 2018 01:02am)
Making fun of somebody. You two must be really proud of yourselves

imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, nerd.
Gold: 21.00
Aug 25 2018 05:08am
"I told myself I would never eat ants. But there I was in the Jungles of Thailand somewhere close to Laos. After consuming the most power single shot of booze I had ever had (Rice whiskey with fresh cobra blood straight from the danger noodle). I stumbled upon on a Thai Reconnaissance Marine picking big ass fire ants off a tree and chowing down. I was drunk and don't like turning down rare life experiences anyways so I let him "talk" me into eating them.

I wasn't a bad ass like this guy. He just popped them live into his mouth like a savage. I gingerly bit the head off then mashed it up in my teeth before letting it touch flesh (because fuck being bitten inside your mouth by one of those monsters). Anyways it tasted exactly like sour skittles. So I sat there with this guy, drunk, mac'in down on big ass fire ants. Fuck the jungle... but if your there try some fire ants. 👌"

Go Back To Baseball Topic List
Add Reply New Topic New Poll